• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Benzedrex liver toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably not good, if you inhale a gram a day for years.

But with Benzedrex, you'll probably have heart problems long before your liver's an issue. It's like ephedrine, it puts a lot of strain on your cardio systems, more than amphetamine.

Your liver is fine, dude. Like I said, ask some drunks about liver damage. It takes a lot.

It's probably not good, if you inhale a gram a day for years.

But with Benzedrex, you'll probably have heart problems long before your liver's an issue. It's like ephedrine, it puts a lot of strain on your cardio systems, more than amphetamine.

Your liver is fine, dude. Like I said, ask some drunks about liver damage. It takes a lot.

For a healthy person, this is very accurate. And yes, it can cause heart issues, more than amphetamines I have heard. So, it probably wouldn't be good for anyone to extract and ingest it normally. Also, no one should ever ingest the cotton directly. The cotton can cause gastric problems that could even result in a trip to the ER as the body is simply not designed to digest a cotton rod. If the Benzedrex is extracted from the cotton and the cotton is thrown away, it still is not good for the heart even for a healthy person.

If you have any liver problems, it actually might be bad for the liver though. For someone who has poor liver function, giving it anything to process out of the body could make the whole situation worse. And while Benzedrex is not particularly hepatoxic as far as I know from my research (I'm no expert, just took it once and did online research on the stuff), it is processed through the liver. And thus, the liver has to work to get rid of it. So, if one has liver issues prior to taking it, I would be more concerned about Benzedrex (or any other substance) essentially becoming "the straw that broke the camel's back" and resulting in liver issues due to there already being a large amount of strain on the liver as a result of lasting damage. I'm mentioning this as I remember a previous thread of yours where you were told by a doctor that your liver was not functioning well as discovered in a medical examination. Assuming that's still the case, I'd avoid Benzedrex.

Last edited:
The thing folks forget, is you can't go molecule for molecule with ethanol. It has such an enormous standard dosage, it counts as a nutrient. Nothing is going to compare to the 20 grams of drug in a single shot of liquor. Definitely not the equivalent 0.0005 grams of Xanax. The Xanax could be horribly hepatotoxic comparatively and still lose the cirrhosis battle.

My kinda stupid point is that it still takes so much to wreck your liver with booze, that Cyberius is gonna be fine wrecking it from meth or whatever happened that I forgot the details. I vaguely remember he got spooked from a bad OD of meth, and thinks his liver is damaged. And it's true that hyperthermia from stims can damage your liver, especially MDMA. But your doctor just means your AST and ALT came back high on a blood panel. If you're still pooping, you haven't caused liver damage like drunks get.

Cyberius was looking for liver-friendly drugs, which is not propylhexedrine. Maybe gabapentin, baclofen, pregabalin; muscimol. High-potency drugs like benzos, or hydromorphone; lysergamides. Not-too-crazy tryptamines. The blotter-potency other psychedelics.

You could put a few drops of muscimol in your milk thistle & chamomile tea.

EDIT: If I've been wrong about the severity of your liver issues, let me know, FFS.

Last edited:
Not everyone is the same. How much alcohol it takes one person to destroy their liver might not be the same as another person. There's a lot of factors that come into play like genetics and such. It isn't that cut and dry.

The thing folks forget, is you can't go molecule for molecule with ethanol. It has such an enormous standard dosage, it counts as a nutrient. Nothing is going to compare to the 20 grams of drug in a single shot of liquor. Definitely not the equivalent 0.0005 grams of Xanax. The Xanax could be horribly hepatotoxic comparatively and still lose the cirrhosis battle.

I think the amount of alcohol in a shot is much less than that..

1 fluid ounce = 29.6ml
A shot in the US is (I believe) 1.5 fluid ounces = 44.4ml
Typical liquor is 80% proof or 40% alcohol by volume
Ethanol density = 0.789g/cm3

1.5 x 29.6 x 0.40 x 0.789 = 14 grams of alcohol

UK shots are typically only 25ml so only around 8 grams

Source.. http://www.nutritionheart.com/alcohol-drinks-grams-of-alcohol/

Nothing ever is, but nobody pickles their liver to cirrhosis after one binge. If you develop cirrhosis in your 40's, you've been working at it hard since you were a teenager.

It's a bad example anyway for what was probably a joke. You can eat certain mushrooms and destroy your liver in 24 hours. But no one eats those for recreation.

And too much MDMA can cause overheating that damages your liver in a single night. But that kind of damage, like high liver enzymes, is nowhere near the damage a liver can actually handle. Like I said, you can literally cut 2/3rds of the fucker out and it'll just grow back.

Fine, I'll post without checking that, to respond:

I was going on a Tez PM argument: his two shots "dry" vodka at 100mL total, and . . . US shots = 1.5ounces = 45mL x2 = 90mL so pretty close, and at 40% alcohol gives you just under 40mL. It's a little bit lighter than water I think, so 40grams is on the high side, and divded by 2, yeah, closer in the end to like 15 grams.

point is that's still a lot more than 0.0005 - 0.001 grams xanax.

Oh, I only saw you arguing in the notification, didn't see your math--that's actually a LOT lighter than water.

EDIT more: and if you want to argue, I'll just say I meant a shot of bacardi 151.
Or, just good bourbon (not bacardi).

NOW, your area is supposed to be the liver thing. That cant be right.

Last edited:
I was going off bog standard booze which is typically 40%ABV...

Obviously if a person is drinking some super strength rocket fuel it will have more alcohol per shot...

Main takeaway is how small UK shots are compared to the US...nearly half.

NOW, your area is supposed to be the liver thing. That cant be right.

Lost me there.

Yeah, I use propylhexedrine(benzedrex) and definitely worry more about my heart than anything else. The shit is so fucking vasoconstrictive.

Sorry, I meant the "cut out 2/3rds of your liver and the fucker'll grow right back". Jr. High FACTS.

Hemihepatectomies? must be a routine procedure for EMT. Or, take a hunk home and watch it grow? IDK.

Sorry, I meant the "cut out 2/3rds of your liver and the fucker'll grow right back". Jr. High FACTS.

Hemihepatectomies? must be a routine procedure for EMT. Or, take a hunk home and watch it grow? IDK.

They're really strict about us taking human organs home with us now after that whole unfortunate "silence of the lambs" thing.

To the point that farva beans and a nice bottle of chianti are completely outlawed (true story)

Well, that's three prohibited goods I think I can live without, for once.

'Course, I imagine you folks are a little more reluctant to take "severe facial skin trauma" calls.

Yeah, I use propylhexedrine(benzedrex) and definitely worry more about my heart than anything else. The shit is so fucking vasoconstrictive.
True indeed.
Be very careful as the vasoconstrictive effects last much longer than a day. And there may be a heavy and unpleasant interaction with MPA (Methiopropamine), Ethylphenidate, all psychedelic amphetamines (DOxs, 3C-xs), NBOMes and NBOHs, even days after taking Propylhexedrine. If you must take it, make sure not to take any aforementioned for at least 3-4 days, a week is even better.

Just because you can live without x amount of your liver or destroy your liver to x degree doesn't mean it's good and you won't have complications. I mean FFS I thought this was supposed to be harm reduction. It's clear that the OP seriously needs to stop with the drinking and drugs before he kills himself. Even just having fatty liver puts you at risk for liver cancer down the line.

Just because you can live without x amount of your liver or destroy your liver to x degree doesn't mean it's good and you won't have complications. I mean FFS I thought this was supposed to be harm reduction. It's clear that the OP seriously needs to stop with the drinking and drugs before he kills himself. Even just having fatty liver puts you at risk for liver cancer down the line.

I don't think Scrofula was trying to imply that OP wasn't putting himself at risk and all would be ok as the liver can heal itself...more that unlike with other compounds, the damage to ones liver through alcohol alone is a gradual process and the liver can heal itself (to a degree) over time.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that this makes it "good" in anyway at all or that the OP doesn't need to stop drinking. .

I think it was more a general point and also maybe a touch tongue in cheek.

Ifvyou take a binge on benzedrex it will affect your heart and kidneys before your liver, are you worried about constant long term or a one iff?

Livers can get pounded a hell of a lot and bounce back if they are given time to break down toxins and replrnish their enzymes.

The problem is if you dont have a healthy diet otherwise and just keep gamnering it then the liver that didnt get the chance to recover just scars up and then that part is forever useless.

Chronic drinking means liver cant keep up breaking down alcohol do stores it as fatty deposits until it can. Keep on drinking and the fatty liver cant produce dehydrogenase as much so it just gets worse .

Why thank you meth cat, you got my point across so much better.

I've asked a couple times now and cyberius hasn't said what exactly the damage is. I still think it was just high liver enzymes, which is something people get after having a fancy dinner with something fatty and some wine. Maybe some fois gras.

I've asked a couple times now and cyberius hasn't said what exactly the damage is. I still think it was just high liver enzymes, which is something people get after having a fancy dinner with something fatty and some wine. Maybe some fois gras.

Cy has some very serious liver problems. Im not sure if hepatotoxicity of propylhexedrine has been studied, but if it's hepatotoxic at all, it could be very bad for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.