• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: JackARoe

Belief in god or not?

So how do you perceive the universe; was it created by a god, a big bang, or something else? Now that religion is on the decline, I am wondering how peoples views have changed. So tell me your story!

Be easy :-)
Hi, most atheists believe that everything came into existence from nothing,,
I believe, we, everything was created,,
By a creator,, please tell me, which is more likely,, honestly,?
I believe we go back to our creator when we die,,
Atheists believe we go back to nothing when we die,,
So they also believe they go back to their creator too,, Which is,, No thing,,
Just a thought 🙂
 
It seems odd that almost every so called christian sounds like a recording, that is not having an original thought about their beliefs. It is almost word for word what somebody has taught them. Again I point to the book by Robert Ornstein God 4.0 On the nature of higher consciousness and the experience called "god" If you are interested this is a link to the audio book
 
On a side note, I want to say everyone is not the same. I have my reasons for believing as I do, the same is true for everyone else. However, what bothers me is the arrogance that one belief is the complete and total answer to everything. Christians are taught their worldview is the only valid one in existence. They are taught not to question or scrutinize god in any form or fashion because there are consequences for doubting or even question god as a result of their faith. Christians are told to reinforce their belief system through prayer, bible study and verbal messages, they are told to obey god from what they are taught as a result of faith. Faith is nothing more than a strong belief that something is true or false without merit other than what you are told. Christians rely on emotion rather than logic, emotional thinking is not a 100% accurate, it is based on feelings and that is all.

If your god and belief system were truly beneficial to human growth and understanding, would it not encourage questioning that belief rather than seeking punishment for testing its validity? Christianity is built on fear of rejection and punishment. It divides mankind rather than uniting humanity. Throughout the bible there is violence and wars between god's people and everyone else, it seems to me god is not about love at all.

Christianity is not about love of humanity, we see this from the holy wars of the crusades, Europe decides it wants to control of the holy land by force, another example of greedy white men much like the decimation of native american's Face it, believing in your so called prince of peace is far from the meaning of love.
 
It seems odd that almost every so called christian sounds like a recording, that is not having an original thought about their beliefs. It is almost word for word what somebody has taught them. Again I point to the book by Robert Ornstein God 4.0 On the nature of higher consciousness and the experience called "god" If you are interested this is a link to the audio book

Because Christians literally try to follow what Christ said to do and think? Naw, that would be entirely too simple ...

It's the exact opposite of what Aleister Crowley (for example) claimed in 1904 when he declared: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Do you see any correlations between these statements and how they are juxtaposed. How easy morality would be if we all just did whatever we wanted ?

It's not arrogance, it's adherence.
 
Because Christians literally try to follow Christ ? Naw, that would be entirely too simple ...

It's the exact opposite of what Aleister Crowley (for example) claimed in 1904 when he declared: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Do you see any correlations between these statements and how they are juxtaposed.
Some how I knew you would have something to say, Please explain, correlations and how they are juxtaposed, what am I missing?
 
Ok I read your post, I speak for myself and only myself. With that said, I alone am responsible for my actions. I believe everyone should be equally responsible for what they do. In my opinion god does not exist to me therefore any and everything I say and do is on me. Most people from what I see are not willing or don't know how to think and live freely without what seems godly instructions, lesson plans etc. That's ok for them, not for me.
 
Maybe arrogance is the wrong word, the conviction that christians clam to have as their way is the only way. I think this idea of us and them is flawed. The entire belief system is based on this concept not for sake of unity but for division
 
Christ literally said that He is the only way and they are following that way. If they said they were following Him and did not believe what He said then they are not actually His followers.

You are 100% free to not believe in Christ; their beliefs should not affect you in the very least. Why does their belief bother you so much ? Is it the possibility that they are correct? If not, why does this bother you so much.
 
Religions have taken basic human functioning and turned it into god. The soul is one example, every human is born with an inner self nucleus that guides us in life, it protects us and heals our minds from trauma. Religion has capitalized upon this already given human trait by turning it into a tool for sin and redemption, ironically one can only be saved from sin, through their belief system. I don't believe in sin, not the way christians claim it to be.

Granted christian faith may be one, but that way did not work for me. All I am saying is, there are more than one way to have internal peace.
 
There are as many ways to find peace as there are people in this world.

Personally I discuss all belief systems as objectively as I can, I don't demonize a belief system just because it's not what I want or need from it.
 
There are as many ways to find peace as there are people in this world.

Personally I discuss all belief systems as objectively as I can, I don't demonize a belief system just because it's not what I want or need from it.
I agree, and I apologize for my ranting. It is something I have to keep in check.
 
Top