• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: JackARoe

Belief in god or not?

Was at my friend's funeral on Tuesday, he wasn't a close friend but I grew up with him and our parents are practically family
Unfortunately he took his own life ,only 36 ,terrible
First time I've ever been to a funeral for someone so young and as you can imagine there were hundreds of people there
It was a humanist funeral as per family wishes and a burial ,even though I don't practice religion deep down I suspect I have Christian roots and god forbid if I ever had to organise a funeral for someone very close to me I suspect I might find solace in the church
Call it "the last refuge of a scoundrel "
 
I like the idea of something pagan. Didn't jim morrison jump over a broomstick to marry his witch mistress or something? Anyway, witches, pagans.
 
I like the idea of something pagan. Didn't jim morrison jump over a broomstick to marry his witch mistress or something? Anyway, witches, pagans.
Possibly, I think slave Africans in America used to jump the broom to get married
I only know this cos I recently watched the TV mini series Roots for like the tenth time
 
Possibly, I think slave Africans in America used to jump the broom to get married
I only know this cos I recently watched the TV mini series Roots for like the tenth time
According to Google : Presided over by a Wiccan high priest and priestess, the couple jumped a broom, exchanged vows, and drank wine mixed with drops of each other's blood. [1]

Thought I remembered that from a doors book I read. Might have been No One Here Gets Out Alive.
 
According to Google : Presided over by a Wiccan high priest and priestess, the couple jumped a broom, exchanged vows, and drank wine mixed with drops of each other's blood. [1]

Thought I remembered that from a doors book I read. Might have been No One Here Gets Out Alive.
Yeh your right I think it was a pagen tradition
 
From what I recall he was cheating on his meg ryan wife (from that movie) with the witch. What an asshole, marrying two people. Said it was not legally binding though.
 
seems its forever shifting so hard to nail down so won't try anymore. let the cosmos breathe itself for eternity looks good on paper, bud.
this mobile shit is hogwash imo
 
This is very easy to answer, you can pray, and if it works, it is empirically demonstrated. Does the universe care? A quasar keeps pulsating in some random galaxy, oxaloacetate is still recycled in the Krebs cycle, whether you are unemployed or not.
 
Not the Abrahamic god ,but there's god
Speed Wow GIF by STRAPPED!
hard to be atheist vegan that eats meat
 
An ultimate creator/creators of everything yes, the Bible version of a ultimate creator absolutely not.
 
I say:

Atheists say that religion is cool, but since they don't believe in it, it's not really that cool.


:unsure:
 
I think it’s possible to believe in something greater without having to fit it into a specific religion. We probably don’t have enough answers about the universe to be completely certain either way, and that uncertainty is what makes the question interesting.
 
I don’t believe the god I was taught to worship is real to me. For people who believe this way may believe god is real to them.

If a creator as god is described as I think scientifically god in this sense may be proven, if humans were ever to advance to this level of understanding.
 
Imagine trying to fit GOD in our 3lb in weight wet perishable brains,,?
If we could, then he wouldn't be a GOD worth worshipping,,. Would he??
 
There is a GOD,, A One true living GOD,,
He created all things, including you and me
We fell away, our ancestors did, the first man and wo man, by choice, they chose this, as a result we all fall, sin entered in, sin is a transgression of his law, the first law, dont eat of a certain tree,,
GOD gave us a choice to love him or not, after all, wouldn't you want to be loved by choice,? Otherwise he would be a dictator wouldn't he?? That is fair,,
Now you make a choice,, look at all the longsuffering he has had for us?
As in beginning by one man and woman's DISOBEDIENCE caused us all to fall,,
Also it is by one man's OBEDIENCE That we can be reconciled back to GOD,,
I mean that is true love,, even though we you me fail constantly,, he made a way for us,,
Because we are his children,,
What man is there of you, if your son asks for bread would give him a stone??
Or if he asks a fish, would you give him a serpent??
If you then being evil, know how to give good to your children,,
How much more would you holy perfect father in heaven give you?
If you only ask? Theirin lies the choice,,
Ask him,, because all the threads or thoughts on here are ridiculous, you are perishing, and you think you know everything, and are clever with your words, but you just ain't, you know it
Humble up, and harken,,
Call on JESUS YEHSHUAH MOSHIACH NATZARET,, you choose
 
There is a GOD,, A One true living GOD,,
He created all things, including you and me
We fell away, our ancestors did, the first man and wo man, by choice, they chose this, as a result we all fall, sin entered in, sin is a transgression of his law, the first law, dont eat of a certain tree,,
GOD gave us a choice to love him or not, after all, wouldn't you want to be loved by choice,? Otherwise he would be a dictator wouldn't he?? That is fair,,
Now you make a choice,, look at all the longsuffering he has had for us?
As in beginning by one man and woman's DISOBEDIENCE caused us all to fall,,
Also it is by one man's OBEDIENCE That we can be reconciled back to GOD,,
I mean that is true love,, even though we you me fail constantly,, he made a way for us,,
Because we are his children,,
What man is there of you, if your son asks for bread would give him a stone??
Or if he asks a fish, would you give him a serpent??
If you then being evil, know how to give good to your children,,
How much more would you holy perfect father in heaven give you?
If you only ask? Theirin lies the choice,,
Ask him,, because all the threads or thoughts on here are ridiculous, you are perishing, and you think you know everything, and are clever with your words, but you just ain't, you know it
Humble up, and harken,,
Call on JESUS YEHSHUAH MOSHIACH NATZARET,, you choose
Good for you. I am not a believer, nor will I ever be. That's my choice
 
Top