Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Drug Discussion Social Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

drug_mentor

Bluelight Crew
Back by popular demand, this is the new social thread for Australian Drug Discussion.

We have established a few ground rules for this thread:

- There is to be no dicksizing.

- Talking about drug use is okay, mention of specific doses is not.

- Availability discussion is not allowed.

Lets get social! :D

I know hey, I saw the thread and was like ''shit, they actually did it, I gotta post,'' then had no idea what to write.

So uh. Whats up? I've currently got this stuck in my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o

Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills
and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown,
engines on
Check ignition
and may God's love be with you

[spoken]
Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This is Ground Control
to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule
if you dare

This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating
in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past
one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much
she knows

Your circuit's dead,
there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you....

Here am I floating
round my tin can
Far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

YEAH

FUCK YEAH

And I'm stuck too. Now I've got this song jamming. Yeeeee. %)

Apparently the bbc used that song as a part of their live televised screenings of the moon landing in 1969.

Guess they didnt check the lyrics, and just went with the (awesomely) spacey vibe. Love it!

Could you imagine dropping some nice, clean 60's acid while watching the first moon landing? That song as a soundtrack on top would be the icing on the cake.

That's freaky - can't imagine how awful a trip that would be, being injected unknowingly and unwillingly with LSD in a 60's psych ward. Sounds like it would turn into the second season of American Horror Story pretty quickly.

Heh. She doesn't look too bad in the 90's photo, but definitely hasn't aged well. But then, Burt isn't exactly the figure of vigorous and attractive youth either. Any couple that can stay together for 20+ years is doing ok in my book, given the divorce rates these days.

Ugh, I finally remembered the other song I like to play with Space Oddity when I'm K'd out (stupid benzos are trashing my memory): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCf23ZTFaDM

She packed my bags last night pre flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high, as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no, no, no, I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as Hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you didn't
And all this science, I don't understand
It's just my job, five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

Now, I think it's gonna be a long long time

While I'm a big fan of rock - classic rock, psych & prog, hard rock and most forms of punk and metal, I can't listen to it on k. Anything with real instruments sounds too strange and disjointed and I have to listen to electronic music

I definitely couldn't listen to anything hard, but soft, drifting songs like the ones I posted are my favorite just as I drop into the hole (Frusciante's Song to the Siren is another favorite, carried over from when I used to play it while nodding on opiates https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZgyv1-i6s4) - I usually follow it up on the playlist with something ambient (Pete Namlook is one of my favorites, although sometimes I go for Chinese or Sufi meditation music).

I know what you mean by strange and disjointed though - the reason I'm so obsessed with music for my K experiences is that I can't watch TV or movies or game like I do on MXE. MXE makes those experiences immersive, but on K movies/TV just look like a bunch of actors standing on stages, it cuts off the separation of disbelief and makes the experience as you said, strange and disjointe - and video games just look like a collection of pixels.

Yeah I can't really watch anything on k. Action movies can be fun though. But usually I hear the words, I understand their meaning, and the sentences I understand, but overall I have no clue what's going on and I can't follow anything. And even as I perfectly understand what people are saying it still makes no sense to me. Strange drug haha

I get more out of a good film sober.

The emotions can really hit home when your not chemically comfortable.

I mean, I love to watch stuff on occasions with a benzo or nice opi dose, but the next day don't ask me what the film was about. I'll remember the title, and most likely, that's it.

With psyches and empaths it needs to be a certain 'type(?)' of program/film to suit the DOC IMO.

With film/tv series/docos it amazes me at how 'different' everybody is. I pass on tv series to people who I would think like them, but get them swiftly returned with a 'too much talking' as an exuse. Come on, put some effort in. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely, a good film is best appreciated sober, but I still think that the right film (which doesn't necessarily have to be good by artistic standards, just have the right atmosphere) can be amazing on MXE. Avatar blew my mind on even a relatively low dose, I mean yeah it's Pocahontas in space, but just the atmosphere and the visuals were enough to keep me fixated for 3 hours. And I watched Inception my first time I took the drug and while it turned the plot into nonsense, again the visuals and soundtrack were immersive enough to keep me fixated.

Other drugs, not so much :| I remember I ended up watching the latest Star Trek movie 3 times because I was blacked out on xanax the first two and couldn't remember it. Same for Godzilla when I went to see that as the cinema. Before that I'd do the same thing nodding out during movies on opiates (had to fake my way through a conversation about the plot of the last Batman movie afterwards). I don't smoke weed or take psychadelics anymore, but I remember a bizarre Nick Cage movie (although not by name) which really disturbed me on an acid/bad pill comedown, and another local movie (2:37) which depressed the shit out of me when for some reason my GF's friend decided it would make good stoned viewing (it's about homophobia, rape, incest and suicide - fyi, not good stoned viewing, although the fact that a movie filmed and set in Adelaide is depressing as all hell probably shouldn't surprise anyone).

Moral of the story, if it's worth watching, it's probably worth watching sober. And if it's depressing as shit, don't put it on in a room full of people who are stoned or coming down.

Last edited:
^ good point.

See, now you've got me thinking differently, I watched avatar sober, and it really didn't appeal to me. I mean, yeah, shit, it looked awesome on a 50 inch 1080i Sony. But I won't remember that movie for very long, didn't get any emotions out of me. (Shit, but now I think, it was released when my life was in a dark place, but let's put that aside here).

Maybe it would have stuck with me for years had I taken the right potion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.