• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

AusDD is changing - Where can we improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do you want - Where can we improve???

Needs more nudity!!! =D

joking joking

In all seriousness though, I have to chime in and disagree with those who claim the mods are overzealous. On the whole I'd say they're doing well. That said I haven't been reprimanded yet for any posts, which I know of.... so I don't really know what's being deleted.

You have to remember that people have been arrested in the past due to lax conversations on AusDD about their plans for the weekend (it was in Perth right?). Police and press do monitor this forum and the guidelines are here for a reason.

I think Akhhenaten raises some good points, all pretty pertinent. What options are available to us Aussies in 12 months time if bluelight.ru is added to the ISP filters?

I'm not sure about the PIR threads / news threads. Could we have one PIR megathread which was heavily reviewed to delete unuseful posts (like the price thread in OD)? Are further sub-forums possible? Or maybe we could break the existing two Australia-centric forums into four and have Aus Social, Aus DD, Aus PIR, and Aus News?

The problem with muliple state PIR threads is the overlap of pills circulating between states. I know pillreports is suposed to be the resource used for this kind of thing but I personally find the discussions on BL more reliable (and mature) than the user reports on PR.

MrIbis said:
... we hire someone with a little more drug knowledge/legal knowledge that can make better input into drug related thread. Some people with greater chemistry knowledge are sorely needed

There are regular posters with extensive legal (fortehlulz) and chemistry (phase_dancer) knowledge. I kind of miss some of the old regulars like cowboy mac & big trancer though. If you're after discussions with people with greater chemical knowledge the Advanced DD forum could be your place? The threads there are so far over my head it's not funny :eek:

First improvement, lil angel 15 steps down from her moderator position, and we hire someone with a little more drug knowledge/legal knowledge that can make better input into drug related thread. Some people with greater chemistry knowledge are sorely needed

I'd have to agree there.
Or at least if she keeps the rules together and let more knowledgeable people have their say and not to over-moderate from boredom (thats what facebook is for), its an open forum. It seems every older Bluelight user just thinks the forum is a joke now and have left.

Last edited:
lil angel15 said:
It’s always much easier sitting back, rubbing the chin and criticising the actions of others. It is, however, a very different story when the shoe is on the other foot. If you’re concerned about the moderation practices within AusDD, or more specifically my moderation, then I suggest you take the opportunity to apply the next time the situation presents. The AusDD moderation team work in collaboration, with regular feedback and discussion about this moderation taking place. This would obviously be that opportunity to make the change that you desire.

Heard from numerous moderators that the selection is normally made before an application thread is made. Its a who knows who thing really, I mean when you came into the forum you had about 10 posts?

I'd like to see a bit more democracy as we all in a way are Bluelight as a community. Sometimes compared to the other forums this one is like a southern American prison.

I'm really liking what I've been reading so far. It's great to see members new and old contributing their ideas for the betterment of the forum. :)

1. With the prospect of the introduction of ISP level content filtering in Australia, are there any discussions or consierations being made on how to keep access to the site alive for those of us who live in Australia? One idea that springs immediately to mind is the prospect of setting up a hidden service within the TOR network.

2. I'd like to see bluelight use an SSL certificate to enhance the security and safety of posters, some of whom may be vulnerable, and I dont mean simply from the police.

3. Posting pictures on the site should be reviewed... I really feel that posters putting images of themselves up on the site complete with big eyes and a bag of whatever, really are inviting trouble, perhaps picture posts should be better moderated or at least certain images should not be visible? This may seem harsh but sites like bluelight are monitored.

4. The archives in some places are getting a little bit messy, and I feel that in some areas they need to be dumped. Is it possible to start looking at refreshing the old content and dumping what isn't required? Yes I am aware of the enormity of such a task

I understand some of this may be more of a site level thing but if the moderators are sharing ideas then I guess it never hurts to bring it up.

The initial issues you have raised are more at the site level but that doesn't mean they wont be put forward in forum wide site discussion. The proposed internet filter is of great concern to sites like Bluelight and has the potential to cut the current user base off for a short period of time while work arounds are developed. The more concerning aspect of its implementation is that it would potentially cut off those who need us the most. Although it can be frustrating to some, this is one of the considerations taken when moderating. If we're seen to be nothing more than a 'drug chat' website with no HR value then there is no doubt we will be added to list in a heartbeat. If, however, the authorities see us as what we are - a HR resource - we may have a chance to bypass the filter at the first step.

The updating of old content (FAQS) is an ongoing task which is obviously very time consuming. There is no doubt that as trends change then we need to be dynamic and change with them. Although there is obvious nostalgia issues involved with some of the old content, it's imperative that it remains relevant. If you come across threads in the archives that require refreshing or deletion then I ask that you use the report function and detail what you believe needs doing. In the meantime, we will look at ways of amalgamating similar content and cleaning out dated material. :)

A separate section for news articles perhaps...

Not entirely separate, but if they were given their own folder where the threads appeared below the more generalised stuff... might help create some visual order at least.

This is another one I will have to take to our vBulletin professionals and find out where the limitations lie.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see slightly looser moderation. One aspect might be allowing discussion of prices - at least in a general way. Not dicksizing, but an acknowledgement of the general street prices for particular substances. [One approach might be to allow pricing for small quantities, but not large ones: we don't want people saying 'yeah I pay $40 a pill but if I buy 1000 it's $20/each' (or whatever, I don't know what pills cost in Aus, obviously :D)

The call for 'looser' moderation is something that's being taken on board. As noted previously, the moderation is undertaken to ensure not only the smooth running of the forum but also to ensure everything is within the guidelines. One of the ways of achieving the 'looser' moderation would obviously be the modification of the guidelines to permit a wider base to work on. The guideline changes would obviously need to still encompass good HR practice and be in the greater interests of the members and the site.

Personally, I see no value in the addition of prices. There is no HR value in discussing how much you can get a specific substance for and it invariably leads to dicksizing. It's also my belief that from an outside perspective it just wouldn't look good. If we continually have people talking about how much they get x drug for and how much they get y drug for, it will just look like a drug trading site. This isn't the attention we want from the outside!!!

If people really want to see what prices in their area are like then they can jump into the only site approved price thread in OD. ----------> 2009 Price Thread

You have to remember that people have been arrested in the past due to lax conversations on AusDD about their plans for the weekend (it was in Perth right?). Police and press do monitor this forum and the guidelines are here for a reason.

Just another reason why we appear to be more mod happy in AusDD. We have drawn unwanted LE attention in the past and it resulted in some of our Western friends having contact they weren't expecting. :\

I think Akhhenaten raises some good points, all pretty pertinent. What options are available to us Aussies in 12 months time if bluelight.ru is added to the ISP filters?

This is primarily something that needs to be attacked from our side of the fence. If the filter comes into play then as Australians we're going to have to find the workaround. I'm not aware if there is higher level (Admin) discussion surrounding this issue but I'll poke Hoptis and see what he knows.

I'm not sure about the PIR threads / news threads. Could we have one PIR megathread which was heavily reviewed to delete unuseful posts (like the price thread in OD)? Are further sub-forums possible? Or maybe we could break the existing two Australia-centric forums into four and have Aus Social, Aus DD, Aus PIR, and Aus News?

The problem with muliple state PIR threads is the overlap of pills circulating between states. I know pillreports is suposed to be the resource used for this kind of thing but I personally find the discussions on BL more reliable (and mature) than the user reports on PR.

The PIR threads and news threads are a very important part of AusDD but finding how to fit them in just right is going to be the challenge. The use of sub forums in this instance may be an option but then I worry there may not be enough traffic once you take it away from the main drug centric discussion. Another good idea and something that will be seriously considered.

One thing I can probably say is there is very little chance of an Australian PIR thread. The PIR issue needs to find the happy medium between individual, State and National threads while not taking away from Pillreports.com.

If posts are deleted maybe always PM the user to know its been unapproved. Or else they may "re-offend" by accident thinking their post didnt go through.

If posts are deleted maybe always PM the user to know its been unapproved. Or else they may "re-offend" by accident thinking their post didnt go through.

Maybe something automatic could be set up that if a post is deleted then the deleted post is sent in PM to the poster to let them know. If it isn't obvious why it was deleted (let us all be honest, most of the time we can work out why we got deleted), then they can send a PM asking why???

Originally Posted by belarki

I like the idea of four Australia-centric forums, especially with PIR, I tend to agree with other posters in that altho the current format has had some success, it has lead to the thread having to be very strict on posts, whereas when the PIR were individual there was a lot more input/discussion on the particular pill. I think a lot of people with PIR don't post as they are worried they can't fulfil the criteria of the thread, quite often people are trying to find out about pills that they have only been told about are available, I think for Harm Minimisation there should be a bit of flexibility on PIR when the poster does not have the pill yet, however the policing on this should be "don't tell someone the pill is amazing" as without correct descriptions it could be a different pill, but we do need to be able to assist these people. Let us remember that they are coming to BL for help and assistance and maybe a complete noob and be scared off by heavy policing of posts. It is a big step for some people to post on here, let's not scare them away...
It would also free up Aus DD for the discussions it was meant for.
There are a lot of posters who put up news stories, which is great, but it can push other threads off first page, and lets be honest once it is off front page, you sorta don't go looking for it.
I think the social thread in Aus DD has been succesful and the comments from mods have generally been taken on board by people who post in there.

Anyway that is my two penneth for now!

Why not create an archive of the pill information requests that have been tested/confirmed and have the sufficient information in them? Once someone tests them and creates a report, the thread is moved into the archive/subforum?

That way we wouldn't have the chronology problems with the merge, and the front page would still be cleaned up.

I also agree with a different bit for news articles. Maybe an "Drugs in Australian media" sub forum?

With pill request threads is it not possible to instead break out each state into a separate sub-forum.
This would keep clutter to a minimum and also encourage people to check/post without having to search for the specific state thread inside AuDD.

I'd like to see a donation fund back, simple as using paypal. So we can get DDL/ecstasydata to test certain pills or capsules that are on the scene. And give the meph gc/ms data to them as they may not have it.

If theres a pill warning for something real dodgey which there is at least once a month we should be firing those off overseas. I was going to donate some funds to BL then but if I cant do it via LR or Credit I'm not going to bother.

If you think there is no HR value in pill prices you are wrong.

The countless times I've heard young users shopping around for the best deal with no testers.
They could be getting a $30 pill that is MDMA where as pipes are normally bought in quantities of 1000+ by dealers as they're a couple of dollars and sold for 10-20 IN clubs even. I mean you'd be a bad pipe dealer to be selling $2 shit at $25-30. Because they need to get rid of them in a week and profit up for more.

Perhaps we could do with a sticky faq that outlines information about street drugs, their common prices, what to look out for so as to not be hurt or scammed. I mean that sorta falls alongside harm reduction, as im sure alot of users will commonly see this site, and get curious and look to the first place drugs are found, the street - helping these users, i mean the best option is for them to know their dealers - but informing them of what they should be expecting when they're out in the real world, in australia, messing with drugs - could save a life some day. The no prices rule should have some kind of exceptions (eg; its fine so long as its not a dick-sizing contest)... If you guys want i'll happily write an FAQ on this...

^^ I like the prices idea, there is a thread somewhere on bluelight that has prices but it is too hard to locate the Australia ones as it is mainly American and European.

However the price thread should be locked, because you can already see "cocaine - $300/gram" and someone else writing "you're being ripped off i can get it for $250" and so on.

One major thing is the explosion of GHB on the "rave" scene in melbourne. More and more people are blowing out because they think they can redose or they don't wait. GHB is a subtle drug, and needs to be when used out in clubs and raves. Leave your 4+ml charges for home afterwards for a few hours sleep after whatever you've taken or rebound.

And if people came to Bluelight there is no GHB information up to date available. In fact I saw not long ago in either the guidelines or a GHB FAQ from 2004, links to people saying yes we normally take GHB 10ml at first, then if its not that strong, 20ml. That's NaGHB or K-GHB, not 1,4b or GBL which is whats on the streets (mostly 1,4b) If people read the information now on here of course they would be dropping.

Sadly G got a bit mainstream probably because of shit drugs/pills. And its only friends that dose the newbies, and if a newbie gets a vial by themselves it normally turns out to chaos unless a knowledgable friend has priven it is PURE and what kind of G it is and told them to work their way up.

Some of the links in that FAQ has probably killed someone.

stop cunts from rewording what has been previously posted just so they can get their posts UP, that shytes just lammmmmmmmmmmmmmmme

The call for 'looser' moderation is something that's being taken on board. As noted previously, the moderation is undertaken to ensure not only the smooth running of the forum but also to ensure everything is within the guidelines. One of the ways of achieving the 'looser' moderation would obviously be the modification of the guidelines to permit a wider base to work on.
Certainly, 'looser guidelines' would have been a better wording on my part.

Personally, I see no value in the addition of prices. There is no HR value in discussing how much you can get a specific substance for and it invariably leads to dicksizing.

I don't personally see the need for pricing threads as such, but I think there are contexts where prices are relevant. For example, if one is trying to explain the popularity of a drug like BZP in New Zealand, pricing is a key issue: BZP is (was) much cheaper than any similar drug. So I think it's reasonable to allow discussion of prices in that sort of context. Or maybe when discussing price changes over time and the change in availability and usage of particular drugs. It's not like this stuff is exactly secret: at least here in the UK I can open any newspaper and see articles about the decline in the price of coke, or how much pills cost.

[Obviously I agree that you'd want to prevent dicksizing, but I think that could be done on a post by post basis. And there's no real HR value, but BL is a drug information board, not just an HR one]

I also agree that discussion of price is relevant to many issues discussed on the forum and should be allowed.

It’s always much easier sitting back, rubbing the chin and criticising the actions of others. It is, however, a very different story when the shoe is on the other foot. If you’re concerned about the moderation practices within AusDD, or more specifically my moderation, then I suggest you take the opportunity to apply the next time the situation presents. The AusDD moderation team work in collaboration, with regular feedback and discussion about this moderation taking place. This would obviously be that opportunity to make the change that you desire.

Hold on. I see nothing wrong with someone expressing their thoughts about the leadership of this forum. You are in a position that is going to be liable to criticism, i would have thought that was well known. I haven't been around long enough to make a judgement call here, but it would seem like a good idea to allow the users to nominate who they would like, and the final decision resting with the Admin team.

:\

I propose we give the great people of Adelaide their own forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.