• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aurorix & Speed?

Yeah i told this Doc i did MD but no other doctors & they still wouldn't give me benzo's all they've given me are ssri's which don't help anxiety and now im on maoi only been on it for bout 11 days so can't say if it has helped me or not...
just have 2 wait & see i spose

Mate, In 2001 I did this combination through sheer ignorance and had serotonin syndrome resulting in a hypertensive crisis and hospitilisation (search my user name for the trip report - I think it's archived).

Afterwards I was suicidal for 2 months, have had crippling anxiety and deppresion ever since, got addicted to codeine due to self medicating with it and am now on Buprenorphine, lining up at the pharmacy every morning with all the other junkies. I'm also taking lage doses of anti-depressants and benzodiazepines.

I'm living proof that this combo can really fuck you up.

I was only taking 600mg of Moclobemide at the time and took ONE PILL when it all went down. If you do this you might be fine, but you might die or destroy your life. Maybe you will be fine the first 10 times you do it and then one night it happens. It's just not worth the risk!

how long after you had your Moclobemide did you have your Eccy?

Why don't you read the trip report Regulator just told you about, and find out the answer for yourself? This isn't a chat room, please search for your answers before posting questions and if you have questions specifically aimed at other posters, email or PM directly to them.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
I should not waste my time because 'Dunno' sounds like an idiot, but about 4-5 years ago, before i found BLUELIGHT, i had a few drinks with a good friend, we went to a rave club, dropped 1 medium pill each, and then a few hours later when we felt 'straight' took half an Aurorix (150 mg) and had no problems, infact we felt quite good all the next day.

a month later we did exactly the same, but took a second half of moclobemide (total 300mg) about 6 hours after dropping the pill. again no problems, we felt great the next day.

then a few months later we took a little bit of speed (about australian $15 worth - it was about 1/2 a point each !!!), went to a rave club, drank a few drinks, and i felt 'straight' so i took ONLY 150mg of moclobemide, and was SCREAMING high all night, was up the front, yelling at every buildup, dancing like a madman, i have never been that high in my life, it was increeadable, had a few more drinks, then when the club finished went home, feeling like we had the best night ever, ate some food, (actually we drank alot of soya milk, 1/2 a litre each),

but as we got home, and as soon as we sat down, we started getting a massive head ache, and our hearts were racing like CRAZY, and the only time our head felt better was when we walked, so we started walking around our local park, doing laps, but after an hour our legs were SO tired that it was agony, cause we danced SO hard at the club, but if we stopped for a few minutes our headache came back MASSIVELY, nothing stopped it, our blood pressure was SO HIGH my pulse was just banging, so we had to keep walking, hour after hour after hour, about 3 hours, we were so exhasted, so we had to lie down, and we did about lunch time, and our head aches come back, heart RACING, paracetamol did NOTHING, and we started getting ANXIETY, and we felt REALLY REALLY shit all the rest of the day, tryed valium, made me sleep for an hour, then woke up massive headache, heart screaming fast, had to start walking straight away.

We were chronically exhasted the next 2 weeks, could hardly walk, felt like i had damaged my cardio system and it seemed like a month before i felt the 'spring' back in my step. We never got sertaonin syndrome, but we got insanely high nor-adrenaline which was not fun !

We have Never taken moclobemide again !!!

Murple
Ex-Bluelighter

03-05-2002 10:05 (#511266)
I and other have mixed MAO-A inhibitors (harmine, though moclobemide is also an MAO-A-I) with MDMA before on multiple occasions with no problems. Mixing an MAO-B inhibitor or a nonselective MAOI with MDMA could theoretically lead to a hypertensive crisis and could theoretically be dangerous and maybe even fatal... However, MAO-A inhibitors are (in theory) just going to make the MDMA affect you stronger (and add some psychedelic effects in the case of harmala alkaloids).
It sounds to me like what happened is you took a strong dose of MDMA after taking MAO-A-Is long term and had an unexpectedly strong reaction, leading to an epic freak-out. This certainly could be quite frightening, especially if you are not prepared for how much MAOIs can intensify MDMA. Many people dont realize MDMA is a psychedelic... when combined with MAO-A-I's, it becomes INTENSELY psychedelic. While not physically dangerous, this is far from the happy dance-drug experience many people expect from MDMA, as you found out the hard way.
If you do try mixing MDMA with MAOIs, be aware of these factors, and use low doses of MDMA (less than half what you normally would). Never use MAO-B inhibitors or nonselective MAOIs with MDMA - the only "safe" MAOIs to use with MDMA are MAO-A inhibitors such as harmine, harmaline or moclobemide. Taking MDMA with Deprenyl or any other substances that inhibit MAO-B could be potentially fatal, although no fatalities have been recorded (a few frightening physical reactions have been documented involving Deprenyl though). Taking MAOIs with MDMA is not a recreational experience, its a hardcore psychedelic trip. Don't experiment casually.

we've presented you with irrefutable medical facts and personal anecdotes, all warning you too avoid this combo as it can result in death. If you are still intent on pursuing it then all I (and anyone else can advise) is that you limit the quantities of all substances you ingest so as to limit the harm that this combination may cause you.

I think this thread should be closed, as we're going 'round in circles and not making any ground.

Yeah that's what i was getting it and i think i found my answer...
i decided to take less than half of moclobemide and less than half of an E & if nothing i'll increase it

& just curious have there been any pills or any reports of pills containing an Maoi?

.. just curious have there been any pills or any reports of pills containing an Maoi?

Quite possibly.

On a related note, one particular synthetic route to MDMA (via bromosafrole) has been reported to produce side reaction products, one or 2 of which are MAOIs

Dunno said:
Murple
Ex-Bluelighter

03-05-2002 10:05 (#511266)
I and other have mixed MAO-A inhibitors (harmine, though moclobemide is also an MAO-A-I) with MDMA before on multiple occasions with no problems. Mixing an MAO-B inhibitor or a nonselective MAOI with MDMA could theoretically lead to a hypertensive crisis and could theoretically be dangerous and maybe even fatal... However, MAO-A inhibitors are (in theory) just going to make the MDMA affect you stronger (and add some psychedelic effects in the case of harmala alkaloids).
It sounds to me like what happened is you took a strong dose of MDMA after taking MAO-A-Is long term and had an unexpectedly strong reaction, leading to an epic freak-out. This certainly could be quite frightening, especially if you are not prepared for how much MAOIs can intensify MDMA. Many people dont realize MDMA is a psychedelic... when combined with MAO-A-I's, it becomes INTENSELY psychedelic. While not physically dangerous, this is far from the happy dance-drug experience many people expect from MDMA, as you found out the hard way.
If you do try mixing MDMA with MAOIs, be aware of these factors, and use low doses of MDMA (less than half what you normally would). Never use MAO-B inhibitors or nonselective MAOIs with MDMA - the only "safe" MAOIs to use with MDMA are MAO-A inhibitors such as harmine, harmaline or moclobemide. Taking MDMA with Deprenyl or any other substances that inhibit MAO-B could be potentially fatal, although no fatalities have been recorded (a few frightening physical reactions have been documented involving Deprenyl though). Taking MAOIs with MDMA is not a recreational experience, its a hardcore psychedelic trip. Don't experiment casually.

Murple is completely wrong here. Selegiline (a MAOB inhibitor) has been shown to be neuroprotective AT LOW DOSES (~1mg or so). At higher doses, it becomes unselective and inhibits MAOA.

MAOA deaminates serotonin and norepinephrine. Pills + MAOA inhibitor = potential for both the serotonin syndrome (life-threatening) and a hypertensive crisis (also life threatening).

And guess what? There's very little in the way of an "antidote" for serotonin syndrome. People have got to hospital promptly, been given the best medical treatment, and died two days later.

^^
I don't think hard facts are going to change this guy's mind. He's got a major deathwish!

lol calm down how can i have a major deathwish?

I'm only experementing with small as dose (eg quarter E quarter Aurorix)

Ijust want a better high since i don't think it will be that good cause i was on an SSRI (eFEXOR) & that will stop the high so i need something 2 give it a tiny little boost

If you want a better high, take more MDMA (not recommended) or have longer breaks in between (highly recommended). As has been said (over and over and over) there is NO SAFE combination involving an MAOI and MDMA. Personally, I wouldn't risk injury or death for a "tiny little boost". The fact that you're ignoring reason and first-hand experience from level-headed dudes like Regulator suggests there's a good reason you're on those anti-depressants. I hope anyone else reading this thread gets the same impression I do.

You dont care if you get hurt do you? thats why your so keen to try it. Why did you even bother to ask?

well i dunno i spose it's a combination of i think i am bullet proof and if something happens to me well i'm not afraid of death

I don't mean to be rude, but being unafraid of doing something despite overwhelming evidence that it carries a high chance of mortality is (in my view) indicative of stupidity of some sort of serious underlying personality flaw.

Nah i don't necessarily wanna die but if i did come iwouldn't care
so i will let you guys know how i went after this weekend

researchemist
Ex-Bluelighter

08-04-2005 15:45 (#2935757)
I have used an MAOI with MD before, plenty of times. If you know what you are doing you can roll for WAY WAY longer(18+ hours is my longest, off half a biccie). Aurorex is the only one i've used(for various obvious reasons) but i wouldn't recommend it simply because it can go very wrong very easily. One thing I will say is be careful of standing up too quickly from a sitting or lying position (eg. getting out of a car or off a bed) as this can cause blackout type episodes very easily when this much seritonin is hanging aorund in those synapses!

18+ Hours!! That is why i am so keen

You're selectively looking at data. There's studies showing people have died. There's reports of people having nearly died on bluelight.

What chance are you willing to take that you'll die? 1%? 5%? 10%? 50%?