• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ATTN: NY Area PD'ers -- HorizonsNYC: Psychedelic Conference! This Weekend [UPDATED]

It is possible to defray the cost through volunteering, either for cleanup after closing each day, or during the session through ticketing. I think the tradeoff is 4 hours of volunteering for the 3 entire days. email [email protected] (Kevin) for more information.

^That sounds like a hell of a bargain. Plus volunteering is usually a blast and a great way to make new friends. :)

Dragynfyr said:
=( I'm on the wrong half of the state, stupid useless buffalo
its too damn cold in buffalo

and WTF is up with buffalo being a ghost town?

^^ Chivettaz n chicken wing FTW lol

And ^^x2
Ghost hunters did ONE episode in one little old museum =p If you want to see haunted shit check out the abandoned buffalo psych center! That place is FUCKED up

I'm certainly there, can't wait to see Nichols and Shuglin. I had planed on recording the lectures in 1080p, unless they bitch me out for video. I wonder if they will?

* John Halpern, M.D. - MDMA, psilocybin and peyote researcher, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the Laboratory for Integrative Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School

Just so everyone's aware: John Halpern is a snitch! He helped put Pickard in jail to save his own ass, as well as lying to make Alfred Savinelli's role in the silo operation appear much more substantial than it was (after Salvinelli advised him to extricate himself from the operation), then publicly lied about his role as a DEA Informant. He is a disgrace to the psychedelic research community. The rat-fuck bastard should at least have the decency never to show his face in the psychedelic research community again.

For details, read this article.

If anyone here is going, be sure to ask Halpern if he's still snitching, or if backstabbing two friends who mentored him was enough.

Entropymancer said:
Just so everyone's aware: John Halpern is a snitch! He helped put Pickard in jail to save his own ass, as well as lying to make Alfred Savinelli's role in the silo operation appear much more substantial than it was (after Salvinelli advised him to extricate himself from the operation), then publicly lied about his role as a DEA Informant. He is a disgrace to the psychedelic research community. The rat-fuck bastard should at least have the decency never to show his face in the psychedelic research community again.

For details, read this article.

If anyone here is going, be sure to ask Halpern if he's still snitching, or if backstabbing two friends who mentored him was enough.
I bet its so fucking cool viewing the entire outside world through your computer screen.

srsly get a fucking life.

I'd rather be viewing the world from behind a computer screen than from behind the bars of a prison cell (where Pickard is), or from amidst the wreckage of a career ruined by the lies of a snitch (where Salvinelli is). Both men thought of and treated Halpern as a son, and he turned informant against them to save his own ass.

I understand why he did it; he felt with his education, position, family, etc. that he had too much to lose, that he had to cooperate with the DEA.

But to keep working among the psychedelic research community, some of whom he tried to collect evidence against at the DEA's behest? That is supremely disrepectful. He recorded phone conversations with Sasha Shulgin (a fellow speaker at this conference, and a man whom most of us hold in the highest regard) attempting to get Sasha to admit to illegal activity which the DEA could use.... I don't know how he can look Sasha in the eye these days, much less speak at the same conferences. He did the same thing to David Nichols, another speaker at this conference.

I find Halpern's behavior to be utterly despicable, and think it's only right that anyone attending this conference should know that he aided the DEA in trying to persue legal action not only against his mentors, but also against other speakers at this very conference.

That said, I bet its so fucking cool throwing insults at people you don't know from behind your computer screen. srsly get a fucking life.

Last edited:
i have the audio from shulgin and nichols, and i will upload it soon.

i asked nichols about lucigenol, and he said what? and then i got embarrased thinking i had mispronounced it, and spelled it for him and he had no idea what i was talking about. then i showed him a picture of the structure and immediately knew what it was and said he knew nothing about that name and had no idea that it had ever made it out of the lab. he also told me that DOTFM-DFLY had been synthed and was found to be no more potent than BR-DFLY. he told me lots of interesting stuff.

Entropymancer said:
I'd rather be viewing the world from behind a computer screen than from behind the bars of a prison cell (where Pickard is), or from amidst the wreckage of a career ruined by the lies of a snitch (where Salvinelli is). Both men thought of and treated Halpern as a son, and he turned informant against them to save his own ass.

I understand why he did it; he felt with his education, position, family, etc. that he had too much to lose, that he had to cooperate with the DEA.

But to keep working among the psychedelic research community, some of whom he tried to collect evidence against at the DEA's behest? That is supremely disrepectful. He recorded phone conversations with Sasha Shulgin (a fellow speaker at this conference, and a man whom most of us hold in the highest regard) attempting to get Sasha to admit to illegal activity which the DEA could use.... I don't know how he can look Sasha in the eye these days, much less speak at the same conferences. He did the same thing to David Nichols, another speaker at this conference.

I find Halpern's behavior to be utterly despicable, and think it's only right that anyone attending this conference should know that he aided the DEA in trying to persue legal action not only against his mentors, but also against other speakers at this very conference.

That said, I bet its so fucking cool throwing insults at people you don't know from behind your computer screen. srsly get a fucking life.
I dont assume to know shit about there personal lives and am not going to base it on a internet artical. and bottom line if you don't want to be put into the position of receiving life in prison then dont manufacture LSD. its pretty simple, if you do teh crime be prepared to do the time.

Last I checked, aiding and abetting is a crime. That's what Halpern did. And he obviously wasn't prepared to do the time since he decided to be a DEA informant instead.

a) halpern didnt even show up

b) yes he is a snitch. And snitches are bitches. Bottom line. Whats the point of sticking up for him, youkai?

c) the conference was good, the speakers were good. It was nice to meet the BLers that i ended up meeting.

The whole thing was very casual, with the speakers sitting in the audience and anyone can easily come up and talk to them.

The shulgins were cutey pies<3 <3

Delsyd said:
a) halpern didnt even show up

b) yes he is a snitch. And snitches are bitches. Bottom line. Whats the point of sticking up for him, youkai?

c) the conference was good, the speakers were good. It was nice to meet the BLers that i ended up meeting.

The whole thing was very casual, with the speakers sitting in the audience and anyone can easily come up and talk to them.

The shulgins were cutey pies<3 <3
I'm not per say sticking up for him, just sticking up for the fact that ain't shit people here were involved in it. Its gossip. Its stuff you read in the tabloids and peoples blogs.

unless you were involved I don't see a point in bringing it up.

You should know I don't agree with snitching, but I don't agree with people who have never met or spoken to those effect spreading hype either.

i wanna hear more about the confrence
are there videos up yet?

I lurk here a bit but I'm not on BL very often. I felt like a voyeur when I saw people meeting for the first time.

"Hey.. so&so.. I'm so&so. I recognized your shirt. Bluelight."
"OH HEY! What's up!!"
etcetcetc

It was cute.

The Shulgins were cute.

and so on.

I was the guy wearing cycling shoes, incidentally, if anyone notices those things. And I am spying on you.

I just wanted to add to the sentiments already noted above that the conference was very informative and also fun. I sadly couldnt make it to day 3, but I was very excited to meet and have a chance to talk with Sasha and Ann. I loved the format of the conference in that you have plenty of time and opportunity to casually talk with the speakers. It was truly a great weekend.

The conference was decent, but the overall opportunities that it produced were better.

I got to meet face to face with Nichols, Griffiths, Doblin, Shulgin, Forte, Merkur, Grey, etc.

I even got to talk to Shulgin while on some 2C-B HBr (in his honor) =D