• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ativan (lorazepam) -Poll-

#1-3 Is Ativan Recreational for you? #4-6 If you hallucinate off it, is it enjoyable?

• Definitely recreational, great benzo experience

Votes: 220 32.9%
  • Meh alright, a little too weak for me, still fun

Votes: 316 47.3%
  • Didn't like it at all, not recreational

Votes: 132 19.8%
  • I hallucinate and enjoy that part of it the most.

Votes: 37 5.5%
  • I hallucinate but ignore it and have fun

Votes: 35 5.2%
  • I hallucinate and it's the worst experience ever

Votes: 19 2.8%

• Total voters
ativan sucks, i've only taken it twice. my aunt had a script for these things but never used them so i got a 60 count bottle of .5mg (i think thats what it was) to try out. before i took them i had not tried benzos for like 6 months or something, and i felt absolutely nothing, no sedation at all.

later that evening i added beer which normally takes benzos to another level, but it didn't help much, and some time later i just passed out for 3-4 hours.

maybe they work and help with anxiety and such, but i feel absolutely no CNS depression.

wish i could voice my opinion, but i think i've encountered/done almost every other drug except this one, wtf? >:eek:

BollWeevil said:
It seems tha percentages are messed up. Add the percentages together, and you get 120%

headscratch.gif

There's 2 questions, but not everyone voted in both of them.

Add the percentages of the top 3 and it should be close to 100%

Then take the number of people who voted in the bottom three, for example right now one choice has 3 picks, out of 21 total people who voted, and that gives you the 14% that's off to the side.

While I've only eaten it once, it was alot of it (it was awhile ago so I couldn't say how much, 7-8 of the pills, don't remember what mg they were though).

I had very intense hallucinations, infact, this is in part what led me to wanting to try psychedelics, 'cause at this time this was my first hallucination. Wasn't much of a pot smoker yet, hadn't tried anything else. I enjoyed them for the most part (hallucinations), what I can remember at least. I want to try it again sometime.

I kind of remember, it seemed like each eye had it's own distinct hallucinations, which then overlapped. I remember looking at the keyboard, and seeing mountain type shit out of my left eye, and weird bubbly shit out of the other eye, overlapping. It was fucking bizarre.

lyserg said:
Its not suppsed to add up to 100% Its a multiple choice poll. You made it yourself, its not anyone elses fault so I dont see why your upset with it.
Ley me post this picture so you will undrestand what I mean.

finality.jpg

That's what I was referring to. Something is wrong with the poll.

Last edited:
It is because 4 people picked multiple answers. The poll allows for multiple answers. You are supposed to pick one of the first 3 options voting on how much you like ativan, and IF you hallucinate from it you can pick one of the last 3 options.

maybe i don't hallucinate should have been an option to keep the numbers in check?

uumpaloompa said:
maybe i don't hallucinate should have been an option to keep the numbers in check?
^If you don't hallucinate when taking Ativan, respond to 1, 2, and 3.

Well what about this one? The percentages equal to 100% here..

ScreenHunter_16.jpg

lyserg said:
Its not suppsed to add up to 100% Its a multiple choice poll. You made it yourself, its not anyone elses fault so I dont see why your upset with it.

Some polls do add up to 100%; I'm wondering why this one doesn't...

ScreenHunter_16.jpg

Thats because its a yes or no question to one specific question. Since some people pck multiple choice and some people just pick one its never going to add to 100%. Theres 29 answers from 25 people because 4 people picked 2 choices instead of 1 because they hallucinate off of it. Just forget it cause your prob never gonna understand.

Haha dont feel stupid, I'm sure other people were confused too. ;)

I must say, I like ativan a lot more than Valium. Most doctors here in Canada will not prescribe Valium at all anymore, but they will prescribe Ativan for accute anxiety, or panic attacks. Valium sticks to "fatty cells" in your system, and can make you very depressed after being on it for awhile. Ativan/Lorazepam is basically a newer version of valium, similar but binds to the GABA receptors more than diazepam does.

I also find Ativan much faster acting than Valium, and ativan to have a more "peaceful" effect than Valium. I don't feel much of anything from diazepam, which is why I don't think Valium is very effective for anxiety attacks. The first time I took Valium, I felt as if I had eaten some mushrooms. It was odd...

but then again, thats just me. I'll take ativan instead.

I like valium xanex and klonopin more than ativan. I have to take between 12 and 16 mgs to get high at all on it.

Ive only had Ativan one single time. Took 5mg sublingual, and got a nice benzo buzz. I didnt like it as much as diazepam or alprazolam, but I think there atleast equally to clonazepam. Never, hallucinated off of any benzo.