• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Asking African Blue lighters: Are Quaaludes actually prevalent down there?

Okay let's play it like this...

My sincere apologies @theoriginalfarmer not here to flex over the internet as i have no time for that. If you wanna come to me and act out your words then by all means, i will even pay for the plane ticket. But I only responded to your one comment that made us South African's look/seem like a bunch of idiots that does buttons to numb our emotional situation. I honestly don't understand the fascination with quaaludes but each to there own. I will state this now, that i have no beef with you but at the same time don't play "us" to come across as imbeciles, maybe thats not what you meant but it is how it come across. So with all that said...

My apologies once again to you and everyone else. Hope you everyone is having an awesome Sunday as I know I am, just finished my braai and gonna chow down on that Boerewors and T-Bone.

Regards
CoffeeShroom

Who me? Nah. We’re just big drinkers like I said in my post of earlier today! 🤣

I’m just the messenger and information provider. Besides: probably worth mentioning that this particular shit isn’t anywhere near my radar let alone on it. Not my thing. Never has been. Never will be. Aside from it being a “dirty” drug on many levels (which I have mentioned before on this thread but nevertheless apologised for saying so) (in a crass attempt to not come across as condescending anyway) it is a gang drug. Now and then you’ll get some non-affiliated bright white spark who thinks he’s found his road to riches. But they don’t last long and are usually the ones that make it to the news! 🤣

I think we have an ex-pat here or a fellow countryman or somebody who has at least been here no? :unsure:
I get where you coming from, and yes you seem to be very familiar with the SA drug culture. Well spoken and it seems that you are well known and respected within this community.
I read your post a couple of times and mostly agree with what you are saying. Not once did I reply to any of your posts, this whole thing started after I read reetas comment on poverty and the use of qualades or how ever you spell it. I was just giving my opinion, that I think was fair enough and related to her, I assume post. Nothing against you either. I'm only here to give at least what I think is relevant information and advice.
I actually have only a few good mates, one of who I can say is one of my closet and seeing him smoking white pipe daily, walking from one spot to the other, continously smoking just makes me sad. It's dirty and I know what it feels like, so I felt it's necessary to make the link between poverty and the use of mandrax. Take that as you wish, it's only my opinion.

Anyways I'm over talking about gangsters and the smoking of buttons so I'm out this thread.

:ROFLMAO: "Trust me I saw it in a movie":ROFLMAO:
Also, my apologies for straying of topic. After you asked not to.. I didn't realize it was your thread as I quickly read through the posts.

Nope, it was actually when I was in nyanga holding cells for four days when everyone, but me were smoking buttons. Again, that's when I realised and made the link between poverty and the use of mandrax.
If you don't know where that is, do a Google search and you'll see it's not a jail cell you would ever want to spend anytime.

Okay let's play it like this...

My sincere apologies @theoriginalfarmer not here to flex over the internet as i have no time for that. If you wanna come to me and act out your words then by all means, i will even pay for the plane ticket. But I only responded to your one comment that made us South African's look/seem like a bunch of idiots that does buttons to numb our emotional situation. I honestly don't understand the fascination with quaaludes but each to there own. I will state this now, that i have no beef with you but at the same time don't play "us" to come across as imbeciles, maybe thats not what you meant but it is how it come across. So with all that said...

My apologies once again to you and everyone else. Hope you everyone is having an awesome Sunday as I know I am, just finished my braai and gonna chow down on that Boerewors and T-Bone.

Regards
CoffeeShroom
Apologie accepted, if you think I'm trying to make any one in SA look like a moron. You've got it wrong, that wasn't my intention at all. I have plenty ties in SA.
All I was getting at is be careful of who you want to poes klap, because alot of people won't take that as a joke. I have in my life got a few, and I've handed out plenty myself.
It also makes you look like a keyboard worrier.
I am not, and I can assure you I'm capable of paying for a flight to come to you.. which would be ridiculous either way.
Because someone who wants to pk someone over the internet in my eyes is a little bit deranged. Especially if you don't know who your talking to.
If you said that to my face I assure you, it would be the last time you said that shit to someone.

Again, if you feel that you would like to slap the shit out of me because of the comments I made based on my own experiences.. by all means dm me your location and I'll be there.

It's either that or we let it be, but I'm not arguing with you anymore. I don't have the time for this.

Also don't mistake my "greenlight" for being a new bee. I have been on this site since 2016, I just don't post random shit. I keep to myself and use it for what it was intended for. Harm reduction.
It's actually a pitty it's come to this, back in the day you would get a warning for glamorizing drug use.
Yet here we are talking about fighting each other, with a moderator.. I think I should mabe reconsider putting in the effort of actually posting and spending time on Bluelight.

Anyways hope you enjoyed you're braai, and have a good Monday 🤙

I get where you coming from, and yes you seem to be very familiar with the SA drug culture. Well spoken and it seems that you are well known and respected within this community.
I read your post a couple of times and mostly agree with what you are saying. Not once did I reply to any of your posts, this whole thing started after I read reetas comment on poverty and the use of qualades or how ever you spell it. I was just giving my opinion, that I think was fair enough and related to her, I assume post. Nothing against you either. I'm only here to give at least what I think is relevant information and advice.
I actually have only a few good mates, one of who I can say is one of my closet and seeing him smoking white pipe daily, walking from one spot to the other, continously smoking just makes me sad. It's dirty and I know what it feels like, so I felt it's necessary to make the link between poverty and the use of mandrax. Take that as you wish, it's only my opinion.

Anyways I'm over talking about gangsters and the smoking of buttons so I'm out this thread.
Hey.

I have absolutely no beef at all with you or your posts and hope you don't do a disappearing act (from here or from anywhere else). I promise you that. And I took no offense whatsoever, at all, from your posts. Sorry. My sense of humor is sometimes misunderstood (and that's my fault not yours).

Truth be told: I know you were responding to Reeta. And there's a VERY good reason why I never responded to HER post I assure you (it was not missed I can tell you that much as things stand now anyway).

And yeah listen up. I feel you on the topic of this stuff and your friend's use. There's been more than one individual I've felt sorry for using this very same shit. And in these cases: affordability had nothing to do with it i.e. it was choice and nothing more. And I've seen the effects therefore (of regular use). And for damn sure a White Pipe does accomplish for the user exactly what it is that they wish to accomplish (which, based on the users to to which I've referred and had experience with anyway, is oblivion). And with regular use: they go downhill fast i.e. nothing matters anymore. And I do mean NOTHING. And in spite of its being perceived as some type of novelty or rarity and possibly even being perceived as being rather benign (for those maybe overseas and who have only read about it or heard about type of thing): it is FAR from it.

@theoriginalfarmer I apologized and left it at that but you are still carrying on with me. Im letting this go and ignoring the rest of this thread as you are clearly "beter wetend" and I don't wanna argue. Enjoy.

Sidenote: my Mod status had nothing to do with my reply and i explained my reply and also the "PK" comment was an internal joke between me and Dalpat077. BUt i had my say and apologized for any misunderstandings, done.

While doing reaserch on queludes i read an artical stateing that Quelude addiction was a popular pasttime in africa. I would like to know if this is the truth or if its just spin-doctors being spin-doctors?
Yes mandrax popular and easy to get on the streets allover just need to know how and where

While doing reaserch on queludes i read an artical stateing that Quelude addiction was a popular pasttime in africa. I would like to know if this is the truth or if its just spin-doctors being spin-doctors?
Yes mandrax popular and easy to get on the streets allover just need to know how and where

I actually have a couple of old mates over there. One said it would be impossible for him to walk into the township and expect to live.
The other hires casual workers so is in there twice a day and it could be viable. But I tried moving some packages of cheap tat as test.
The reality is your would need to bribe so many people because corruption is rampant and anything that looks nice goes missing in transit.
Maybe someone could source from China. You just need something they want.
That's China's forte synthesizing black market products, along with some more sinister dealings. I guess it's good money for a chemistry post grad.
I had some stuff sent to SA from China and the insurance was 1/10th of the cost of sending from the UK.

Don't tell that person what to do.. your not intitled to that.
Also to answer reetas question, I'm not sure about Africa but atleast in the southern most parts. YES, it is a cheap drug that is available in vast amounts and abused by many people. Especially in the the lower class who cannot afford anything more expensive.
It's commonly known that mandrax is used amongst gangsters, who deal with trauma after crimes have been committed.
Dunno which gangsters you've been talking to. Not South African gangsters that's for sure! 🤣 A good piss up afterward is more the order of the day.

Interesting conflict of perspectives.

I do understand where your coming from, theorignalfarmer and this maybe true in a minority of cases. I would however imagine the real psychological trauma to be experienced from those afflicted with crime, not with the South African gangsters themselves (as Dalpat077 suggested)

Reeta

Similar scenario would apply to SA, no?

Lekker to see Saffers posting. I have friends in Durban and Johannesburg, so know first hand of the troubles you face in terms of poverty, substance abuse and prolific crime. It would be no surprise for me to see the prevalence of such substances, particularly in bigger, densely populated cities. Would you say quaaludes are widespread across Africa? or localised to certain region or city?

Best wishes

Reeta
I just recently learnt the term 'saffers' intresting
..ex user or abuser..from jozi.but cleaning my act couple months.anyway it's prevalent in low class communities as you said never used it but have read articles etc nice meeting you.