• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc Asking African Blue lighters: Are Quaaludes actually prevalent down there?

As long as he doesn't bring Putin on our night out. Except if we go to Putins villa. that would change things for sure. :devilish:

I think Mandrax is the coolest drug name ever. Way better than quaalude. It sounds so dark and definitely like it will majorly fuck you up.

Cool its official @dalpat077 will answer all future mandranx questions ( sorry brother but i know you got this) All i can answer is the life exp and what is going on the streets and how easy it is still too get as i had like 3 weeks ago. But like Dalpat077 said is actually a dirty drug when you see how people smoke it and what they become after words. Anyhow, back to our main man of the show @dalpat077 ;)

Cool its official @dalpat077 will answer all future mandranx questions ( sorry brother but i know you got this) All i can answer is the life exp and what is going on the streets and how easy it is still too get as i had like 3 weeks ago. But like Dalpat077 said is actually a dirty drug when you see how people smoke it and what they become after words. Anyhow, back to our main man of the show @dalpat077 ;)
Yeah well. I'm sure some would be very interested in a trip report! That's the type of detail that I'm unable to furnish. :ROFLMAO:

I see it too could be going to shark shit though i.e. some of the reports I found suggest that it's also being cut with fuck-knows-what (including benzodiazepines and anything else that will mimic the effects and fool the user into thinking it's the real deal and good shit).

I must say though: it was worth the effort (my little bit of research). I see there's an effort being made insofar as harm reduction is concerned (at least when it comes to needle exchange and opioid replacement therapy) (albeit that both, according to statistics, or my interpretation of them anyway, are very slow on the uptake). And there's one or two organizations that are pushing against, and speaking out about, our own war on drugs and trying to make people aware of their rights here. Although I'd not pull the shit they suggest with our cops that's for sure. Probable cause (to stop and search)? Yeah right! Very shaky ground here I'm afraid to say. Get stopped here by SAPS, they start searching your vehicle, and you stop them and ask them if they have probable cause (or, as we are calling it, reasonable suspicion) and see what happens! I'll supply the popcorn! :ROFLMAO: Probable what? Reasonable what? Come again? :ROFLMAO: But rather that way in my opinion. Because one thing is for certain: law enforcement here is far from being unreasonable. They'd rather just send you on your way, if you're behaving like a normal and rational human being in spite of your being a bit over the limit or having a bit of whatever on you or in the car, than just book you because they can. But give them shit? Oh well. Note: key phrase is "a bit". Anything more is subject to onsite negotiation!

Also went down some rabbit holes on government and governmental department websites and publications as a direct result of this thread. I can tell you: we for sure are not headed for decriminalization or legalization of anything. Not it my lifetime. Matter of fact: quite the opposite i.e. our government plans are for a drug free South Africa. Period. Cannabis is as good as it's going to get I'm afraid. Not complaining. Just saying.

Very impressed with the way our crime stats. are reported too I must say i.e. more detail you could not wish for (non-drug related though unfortunately).

Anyway. Given that's there's probably only two of us, possibly three, that I know of anyway, around these parts: the above obviously not of much interest to anybody and off topic. But I figured it was all worth a mention for posterity.

While doing reaserch on queludes i read an artical stateing that Quelude addiction was a popular pasttime in africa. I would like to know if this is the truth or if its just spin-doctors being spin-doctors?

Are you speaking of quaaludes?

May I refer you to https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33428487 for more information.

Quaaludes have been made a schedule 1 drug since 1984. Most people claiming to sell quaaludes on the streets are really giving nothing more than a combination of different barbiturates to deceive the consumer.

Reeta

Are you speaking of quaaludes?

May I refer you to https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33428487 for more information.

Quaaludes have been made a schedule 1 drug since 1984. Most people claiming to sell quaaludes on the streets are really giving nothing more than a combination of different barbiturates to deceive the consumer.

Reeta
May I refer you to this thread for updated information! :ROFLMAO: At least when it comes to South Africa and Mandrax (which was actually the topic).

But your contribution is noted and appreciated.

While that which is contained in your 2015 article is interesting and it's not for me to question the factual content of a UK/BBC publication or article or website (at least not on this topic anyway): unadulterated and quality Mandrax is well available on the streets in South Africa albeit that it's manufactured in clandestine laboratories (I use that term very loosely) and under less than ideal conditions. It is true that there have been reports that it is being cut with different barbiturates or barbiturate-like (similar action) substances and even with benzodiazepines. But it is also true that it is being used AS a cut or adulterant in the likes of Heroin (or a cheap form known as "Nyaope" or "Whoonga" and which is usually a cocktail of poor quality Heroin that's cut with the likes of Mandrax, fillers, and whatever else is on hand).

I've been watching your posts though. Matter of fact I was online the day you created your account and posted your first post. I think a little verification is in order now that you've moseyed on over into my neck of the woods. If you are indeed who you say you are: I have some questions for you. I'll get right back to you on them.

Most people claiming to sell quaaludes on the streets are really giving nothing more than a combination of different barbiturates to deceive the consumer.
yea I imagine fake ludes are a real problem down London way, with all those stoner uni kids watching The wolf of wall street and wanting to try some; those stoner kids who have never heard of a testing kit.

@dalpat077 do you think it can be snorted just for interest sake. Im gonna buy 2 tabs today just to show everyone and how they look here, that's if i come right. And then get rid of them again or maybe keep one :unsure: choices...

Or maybe keep one for sleep tonight and see if it will knock me out and make me all fuckies before I pass out time :ROFLMAO:
one for the team.

Just don't know the strength of these tablets and how much to take as a safe dose? (taking it orally that is)

@dalpat077 do you think it can be snorted just for interest sake. Im gonna buy 2 tabs today just to show everyone and how they look here, that's if i come right. And then get rid of them again or maybe keep one :unsure: choices...

Or maybe keep one for sleep tonight and see if it will knock me out and make me all fuckies before I pass out time :ROFLMAO:
one for the team.

Just don't know the strength of these tablets and how much to take as a safe dose? (taking it orally that is)
Are you going to chemically test them in some way first? Or just take one for the team?

Are you going to chemically test them in some way first? Or just take one for the team?
Im gomna buy the mandrax that we have here or get here, take pics to show everyone. Then smoke the one a bit and then keep the other for sleep or to take orally. Not gonna send it in as they won;t test it and i will get arrested for having it on me in the first place lol. So just taking one for the team lol. Just which i knew the strength of each tablet.

Lol not allowed to talk prices but i get them at the same price as a 2l coke lol

Edit: i just checked that "wolf of wall street" scene and is that what everyone's raves about, To turn into a fucking mumbling caterpillar :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

one for the team.

Good morning.

Well it's probably too late now. Sorry. Never checked the forums last night.

I actually cannot answer your question my good man.

I've never heard of the shit being snorted. Only ever personally seen it crushed and smoked with weed (our infamous "white pipe").

From just a quick search: obviously it can be ingested (the usual route of administration obviously) as well as IV'd. Still never saw anything about it being snorted.

I've also not found any information re: the bioavailability of the different routes of administration.

Just bear in mind something though (and this would actually be interesting if we COULD INDEED have the street stuff tested without getting thrown in the slammer):
  • Mandrax (brand name) is supposed to be a COMBINATION 250 mg of Methaqualone and 25 mg Diphenhydramine within the same tablet (total 300mg tablet).
  • Quaalude and Sopor (brand names) are 300mg of Methaqualone ONLY.
  • Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine (such as that contained in Benadryl).

My points being:
  • There's not that much information re: the pharmacology of Mandrax. But there's a fair amount of information re: the pharmacology of Methaqualone (which I'll get to) and Diphenhydramine.
  • I wonder if our clandestine chemists are manufacturing Mandrax or Quaalude? In other words: are our tablets only Methaqualone and the brand name of Mandrax has just stuck in folklore? Or are they manufacturing proper Mandrax? Only a lab would be able to verify. And from this recent research: there doesn't appear to be any free drug testing services here other than SAPS (and whom I'm sure would be only too happy to accommodate! :ROFLMAO: ).

For what it's worth: the LD50 of Methaqualone for mice is 1 250 mg/kg and for rats is 326 mg/kg. But this LD50 is dramatically reduced with the simultaneous intake of alcohol. And last time I checked: you're not a mouse or a rat! But I know you like a drink or two!

Furthermore: Diphenhydramine has been responsible for a number of deaths (look up the "Benadryl Challenge"). Ironically: oral LD50 for mice is 164mg/kg and 500mg/kg for rats. There's an interesting set of numbers (when compared to the same for Methaqualone on its own).

The below just noticed on Wikipedia but, from what I gather, comes from the DEA (not sure whether it applies to us here):

"Drugs purported to be Methaqualone are in a significant majority of cases found to be inert, or contain Diphenhydramine or Benzodiazepines."

I suppose in short: I'd use it as "indicated" i.e. smoked with weed. The more I go down this research road: the more uncomfortable I feel about it (this drug) if the truth be told.

Must admit though:

Maybe it's worth me contacting these one or two harm reduction pundits that we have here and ask them exactly what it is that they're doing other than trying to fuck with the law and exchange syringes and needles. Because it seems to me we're a bit far behind on this shit while substance abuse, of dangerous and adulterated substances, is increasing at a pretty good rate.

Now just imagine if I could somehow organize funding for the setup of an anonymous, free, drug testing laboratory! Because I can tell you that it appears to me that there's a need. It wouldn't be for totally unselfish reasons. But the benefits to society, users, and addicts would by far outnumber any potential drawbacks as a result of my own needs. At least I'm honest if nothing else.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Well it's probably too late now. Sorry. Never checked the forums last night.
Never too late
I actually cannot answer your question my good man.

I've never heard of the shit being snorted. Only ever personally seen it crushed and smoked with weed (our infamous "white pipe").

From just a quick search: obviously it can be ingested (the usual route of administration obviously) as well as IV'd. Still never saw anything about it being snorted.
Neither could I
I've also not found any information re: the bioavailability of the different routes of administration.

Just bear in mind something though (and this would actually be interesting if we COULD INDEED have the street stuff tested without getting thrown in the slammer):
  • Mandrax (brand name) is supposed to be a COMBINATION 250 mg of Methaqualone and 25 mg Diphenhydramine within the same tablet (total 300mg tablet).
  • Quaalude and Sopor (brand names) are 300mg of Methaqualone ONLY.
  • Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine (such as that contained in Benadryl).

My points being:
  • There's not that much information re: the pharmacology of Mandrax. But there's a fair amount of information re: the pharmacology of Methaqualone (which I'll get to) and Diphenhydramine.
  • I wonder if our clandestine chemists are manufacturing Mandrax or Quaalude? In other words: are our tablets only Methaqualone and the brand name of Mandrax has just stuck in folklore? Or are they manufacturing proper Mandrax? Only a lab would be able to verify. And from this recent research: there doesn't appear to be any free drug testing services here other than SAPS (and whom I'm sure would be only too happy to accommodate! :ROFLMAO: ).
Im gonna take a chance and see if i can get it tested at a pvt lab ( that a family member is a share holder in, she normally tests my cannabis for strength so maybe i can bend her arm to test this too but no promises.

For what it's worth: the LD50 of Methaqualone for mice is 1 250 mg/kg and for rats is 326 mg/kg. But this LD50 is dramatically reduced with the simultaneous intake of alcohol. And last time I checked: you're not a mouse or a rat! But I know you like a drink or two!

Furthermore: Diphenhydramine has been responsible for a number of deaths (look up the "Benadryl Challenge"). Ironically: oral LD50 for mice is 164mg/kg and 500mg/kg for rats. There's an interesting set of numbers (when compared to the same for Methaqualone on its own).

The below just noticed on Wikipedia but, from what I gather, comes from the DEA (not sure whether it applies to us here):

"Drugs purported to be Methaqualone are in a significant majority of cases found to be inert, or contain Diphenhydramine or Benzodiazepines."

I suppose in short: I'd use it as "indicated" i.e. smoked with weed. The more I go down this research road: the more uncomfortable I feel about it (this drug) if the truth be told.

Must admit though:

Maybe it's worth me contacting these one or two harm reduction pundits that we have here and ask them exactly what it is that they're doing other than trying to fuck with the law and exchange syringes and needles. Because it seems to me we're a bit far behind on this shit while substance abuse, of dangerous and adulterated substances, is increasing at a pretty good rate.
Far behind? Lol on anything else maybe but not this subject of matter " dis ons rugby veld die een"
Now just imagine if I could somehow organize funding for the setup of an anonymous, free, drug testing laboratory! Because I can tell you that it appears to me that there's a need. It wouldn't be for totally unselfish reasons. But the benefits to society, users, and addicts would by far outnumber any potential drawbacks as a result of my own needs. At least I'm honest if nothing else.
Would be awesome, one of my future business venture is to use my family lab for people in S.A. to test the strength of there weed and get a break down of thc/cbd and all that goes with it but like she said to me, other machines would need to be purchased and setups and so on and on and on. Lol just told her to do it and get it over with, you have enough money to use as toilet paper so stop being so stingy and help a brother out, literally.