Are you happy with your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 10/10 happy with life.

I mean I fuck up now and then, but doesnt everyone?

i am happy, overall
we r goin thru a big change rite now
but we will get thru
i had my hair dyed blue again 2day but she seemed to have made it so dark somehow it seems 2 have disappeared into my black , but it is there i jus av 2 believe
its like the sun disappearing into the clouds for a bit
Yesterday i saw a heron! rite over the house attacked by a crow which then just bounced off into a tree & the heron flew rite on- unbothered by the scrawy little blk thing um like my neighbour + me

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water,
hundreds of bloodthirsty nightmares have made you their prey.
You felt good and plucky, as nice as can be,
but no one's that lucky, so listen to me.

When life is not so nice, remember this advice:
Put a drop of vanilla behind each ear
and you'll smell like a cookie all day.
Yes, you'll smell like a cookie all day.

I used to feel like my world was a bucket of sorrow;
a mountain of sadness,
a miserable wilted bouqet,
a big rotten pumpkin.
I wished I were dead,
and I'd almost jumped, when it popped in my head.

The key to happiness is merely only this:

We wander aimlessly for God knows how many miles and then we die
so very clueless to the truth, so very blind, unsatisfied.
If only the human race would wake the hell up and finally understand
exactly what it needs to do to meet the spirit's silent demand.
They say it's human nature, wars will be fought and innocents will be killed.
And every soul we lose is yet another mission unfulfilled.
Meanwhile it seems like I'm the only living person who knows
exactly how the story goes.
The answer's right in front of our nose.

My friend, humanity, stop this insanity,

I am not generally happy with my life. There are good things and bad things. I need to do a complete re-evaluation, change a lot of things. One thing that's really bad is that I'm too busy to take care of myself, so I get strung out and anxious a lot, but I don't know what to cut out of my life to have more time. I also think that my friends aren't really good people, but I am close to them so I am afraid to give up any friendships. Maybe I am just being too critical though... Anyways I definitely need to change my life and then I will be happier with it. I hope...

Yes and no. I'm happy with certain aspects of my life but others I'm not so happy with. To put a long story short, loving the college life, not so happy with the girlfriend situation at the moment, but that can change real fast so I don't know. I'll just end up rambling so I'll stop there.

-dp

"Friends!"

I am not generally happy with my life. There are good things and bad things. I need to do a complete re-evaluation, change a lot of things. One thing that's really bad is that I'm too busy to take care of myself, so I get strung out and anxious a lot, but I don't know what to cut out of my life to have more time. I also think that my friends aren't really good people, but I am close to them so I am afraid to give up any friendships. Maybe I am just being too critical though... Anyways I definitely need to change my life and then I will be happier with it. I hope...

Making a Big Change where Friends were concerned and Who i accept around me full stop even to work with, or associate with in any way - even who i choose as my gas and electric suppliers as i have to speak to them about bills etc

this! has really changed my life and my world for the better and how i FEEL about myself my own self-respect has gone up massively and that is having an impact on my work and what i now want to do etc and my relationship - everything

its taking responsibility in a way for your world and how you want it - you can , you have the right to say what goes - only you do in your world, (not even my dad really gets the say - though for some reason he still at my age of nearly 43 wants to think he does maybe he is just worried still bout my mental health or is he just controlling i hope not)

well - i had this problem - non-friends appearing to be friends or as the recent Demons episode said - something nasty appearing to be something nice

i"m not saying any of ur existing friends are nasty but i bet now and then you have winced at a suprisingly sharp comment

that!s wen i realised that some of my very closest esp female friends i absolutely trusted literally with my life - were NOT wot i was to them

& i had wot someone has described as a personal tsunami to separate myself from everyone who was not faithful to me - because Friendship to me - to be honest the Friends I choose are almost more important than family, except for boyfriend etc who is my best friend of course in many ways anyway

I had to buy a copper plaque i keep on my fire it to remind me of the true criteria of friendship and i look at it multiple times a day at the moment

"A friend loveth at all times"

they shud never let u down or make u feel bad or feel bad about yourself
they shud bolster u up - not bring u down
or make u feel less confident
i mostly had issues i realised i had somehow collected a lot of older seeming and genuinely much older female but very masculine bossy women who wanted to direct my life coz it was more interesting than their own and they liked bossing a younger feminine vulnerable woman around
and 2 - grotty pretending to be friends but really left on the shelf around their 40s "men" who wanted to own me, have me as their mum, their healer, their fixer, their earner who were essentially lazy and all twisted sexually or repressed - certainly unhealthy sexually which makes me feel sick, & the kind who fox me coz they never even bother considering if they are right FOR ME! OR if I am interested or attracted to them - like its all One Way - Selfish I guess totally

the trick - is to take a good look at each one, and even group some of them and you will see who is who to you

but i have been bold and cut nearly them all out - and then one by one the true ones stood up quietly again in the background with the noisy untrue ones gone from the foreground around my face

plus some lovely more gentle and kind, new ones , younger ones or younger at heart ones came in - are coming in - who I know I can trust implicitly with anything<3:)

Last edited:
Quite happy with my life these days:

-New job (though it's killing me, I'm learning a lot of valuable skills)
-New romance. Not sure where it's going, if anywhere, but oodles of fun for the moment.
-No chemical dependencies ATM
-Ten weeks into the best therapy of my life, which included the EMDR that made me feel like a brand-new person
-Looking forward to moving to Asia this summer
-My best friend of almost 25 years is getting married; I'm soooo happy for him :)
-Generally very optimistic from the moment I wake up each day
-Been sleeping like the proverbial baby

I am not. I am unhappy with most of the decisions I have made in life. They haven't worked out. For all my talents and abilities, I have not really succeeded at anything.

for all those who rnt happy with their lives: hav u ever considered how ur going to change this so u can become happy with ur life?
only u know wats holding u back and wat needs to change!

I think the problem is, what I am most unhappy about are thigns that I cannot change.

I have been thinking it about it drug wench :( but I can't come to the conclusion of whether I'm unhappy with my life because I'm using or whether I'm using because I'm unhappy with my life?

Right now, it's the relationships in my life that I'm the most unhappy with, but I don't know if that's because they've been destroyed because of my relapse or because they were never good in the first place? I feel like if it's the latter, I don't know how to change that...

I also just feel completely overwhelmed/exhausted with work and school, but I don't know how to change that. I enjoy both and they could be much worse, it's just too much of them. But that's just life, we all have to hold down full-time jobs if we want to be able to support ourselves financially and I do want to have a college degree.

Life is too damn complicated, perhaps this is why I'm unhappy in it. :\

I have potential to be very happy. I am not UNHAPPY. My life is better than most and the only reason it isn't great is because I made it that way. I am more happy than unhappy. :)

I am not. I am unhappy with most of the decisions I have made in life. They haven't worked out. For all my talents and abilities, I have not really succeeded at anything yet.

Fixed.

Your poor decisions are in the past. Your potential successes are in the future.

Yesterday's gone. The only failure is if you don't learn from your mistakes. :)

One day the world is so beautiful; the next day it is ghastly. How? It's impossible for the world to change like that. It's the mind that makes this happen. The way you lead your life, how you view and respect life..which is what sends you up down. The people and the environment don't change.

One person thinks that the world is beautiful and people are wonderful and kind, but another thinks that everything and everyone are horrible, life is pointless and nobody should even bother.
You should not expect material objects to satisfy you and create a sense of well being. How can you be satisfied by even massive amounts of objects?
Satisfaction comes from the mind. Happiness comes from the mind.
Love life - it will love you back<3

All you people here on BL are intelligent(most): you know that material objects alone cannot bring you happiness.
I have realised that your mind is your religion (yes, I was on drugs:))

You get a car, a house, television, a husband or wife—then, you think you'll be happy. So now you have everything, but there are more problems.
All those things bring potential problems & potential happiness.
There is nothing that brings happiness to everyone.
Part of the journey of life is the endeavor, escapades. Discovering what one thing you desire, will satisfy you. Some never find it and do not experience pure comfort within their lives.
Wasn't meant to be easy.

not at all..be addicted to oxy for 3 years ...got kicked out of school that i paid 10,000$ cause the school found out i went to rehab...ive always had extreme anxiety for 10 years

I have realised that your mind is your religion (yes, I was on drugs:))Part of the journey of life is the endeavor, escapades. Discovering what one thing you desire, will satisfy you. Some never find it and do not experience pure comfort within their lives.
Wasn't meant to be easy.

Brilliant summary. Very nice. :)

I was just thinking the other day, revelling in the afterglow of one of my EMDR sessions:

I am the least religious person in the world, but I got the notion that maybe the secret to being happy is as simple as the "Serenity Prayer:"

Being cognizant of the things in life you have control over, and the things you don't, and the ability to differentiate the two.

The things you can control, you simply do the very best you can at them. No one (including yourself) can ask any more of you than that.

The things you can't control, you force yourself to accept.

I keep thinking to myself "could it really be that simple?" (Not 'easy,' but 'simple.')

Maybe it could. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.