Are you happy with your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GETYAGUN!!11

Bluelighter
Title says it all, yes or no. Poll would be nice but i doubt that will happen lol...

When you wake up...are you happy for another day of your amazing life?

Or the opposite?

There is a cycle of being unhappy with life or situations, using drugs to cope, then actually being unhappy because of an addiction to the drugs that I have faced over and over. I've found that after getting clean (unaddicted), I had to actually work to make changes in my life to be happy. I had to realize what my core issues were, then do something to fix it. Now, I can using drugs every once in a while and actually have a very enjoyable time. With life the way it is for me now, I don't feel the need to use to the point of addiction.

Happiness is fleeting though, as are all emotions. As the poster before me said, "it depends."...

^^niiiicceee.... that's good man. I, too, thought that once i was clean i would instantly feel great and have great things start happening to me. Interesting...

Oh, and GM, i'm asking like OVERALL....so if someone said OVERALL do you like your life yes or no...you would say yes AND no??

It's already been said here, but: it depends. I haven't yet figured out what it depends on, though. Cause sometimes I can be so happy for no reason (or no reason that I can see), then other times miserable for no reason. I don't think many people are either happy ALL THE TIME or miserable ALL THE TIME. But what do I know? Shit, my mood changed 3 times just while writing this! 8)

I'd say, overall, yes. I'm certainly much happier now than I was this time last year. That doesn't mean I wake up optimistic every day though, unfortunately.

great point ratgirl...
Like, i would say overall i def. do love my life, and that i am in a very positive mood probably65-75 % of the time.
Yes it would be damn near IMPOSSIBLE to be miserable or ecstatic 100 percent of the time lol.

For me life is like making art and when I'm finished it will be a masterpiece...and while I'm painting it.. i hear a quite love song in the background and it's about me

Im not content with my life at all at the present moment. Due to my living situation and all that im not happy with where i am.

But i have days where im happy and days that im really depressed. Thats just the way it goes.

^^wow, im really sorry. It WILL get better i garuntee that, just be positive! I know it's hard to tho....and that's FUCKED the teacher wouldn't excuse u for a FUNERAL...geeze.

There is a cycle of being unhappy with life or situations, using drugs to cope, then actually being unhappy because of an addiction to the drugs that I have faced over and over...

True for myself also..
So, in essence, no.
Even thinking that I'm not happy with my life makes me feel ungrateful :|

Not really, but I have realized that most of the things that impair my happiness I have no control over. The human race, and civilization on earth is scum in general.

So I can live in limbo, getting high, trying to make every minute worth it, trying to be happy. But in the end, I gotta roll the dice, and shoot myself in the face, to see if death brings anymore happiness than this world of shit.

No

- Life is essentially meaningless
- I have quite low self esteem with is impeding me from getting a partner
- I have low self esteem because of all the physical problems that keep popping up
- I have no idea what to do with my future, and there's pressure from society to decide
- I despise my job with a passion and will probably quit soon but am quite poor at the moment
- The anti-d course I'm on is making me feel worse for the time being before it gets better
- There are so many scummy, idiotic, stupid, arsehole people out there

On the flip side:

- My friends and music are the only reason I'm still here. I couldn't put them or my family through the pain of losing me.

I have a good life, with most of what I could wish for, but I'm not happy because I am saddened by the state of the world and life itself.

I am happy with my life right now, even though it is not perfect. I have gained so much in my recovery from my last mental hospitalization, the medications work perfectly, and in five months I have gained so much insight into myself and am getting to know myself all over again. I never realized how much my bipolar disorder had an impact on who I was, and now in the absence of symptoms I am a completely different person. It is also nice to tell people that I have changed and to have them tell me, "Yes, you have definitely changed. I can see it" and have them mean it :)

It's a bit weird getting to know myself all over again though, but I like the new me. I have it pretty good in general, roof over my head, nearly finished with my first college degree, lots of people that care about me, a strong support network, and a loving family. Best of all, though, I have my mental health in check and I don't have to deal with the hell bipolar can bring to a person :)

When I wake up I try to drag myself out of bed and force myself to do things that I might not want to do, and I'm happy when I make it through. Some days everything is great and it's easy to do all that I have to accomplish, but dealing with life on life's terms can be mega sucky at times.

Im very happy with my life at the moment . I have a decent job great friends and a beatiful girlfriend . Some days are hard but thats just the way it goes . I try not to let things that are out of my control bother me too much. I broke a very long opiate addiction this year about four months ago and that sure gives me something to be happy about. I feel like im in a good place right now. The best one ive been in years.

No, overall I'm not happy. Sure life has its good moments, but they are few. I'm probably the least productive individual on Earth and everyday things are just "blah". At least I'm not really suicidal, so something must have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.