• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Are the mainstream "dumb" people actually the smartest?

I admit I've thought about this a few times. I have dyslexia so I'm not good in academic settings but I cheated my way through school. I'm good at music and art which don't require math skills; although they help, I always just memorized patterns. I'd probably fail an IQ test unless it was all geometry problems

It's likely there are people who are smart but they're complacent so we don't know what they're capable of. I'd guess that a decent amount of people are good in one area but only a handful are good in every subject. This is what makes people average

Whether or not people are satisfied with life I couldn't say. I bet some of that's environmental or genetic

The media is dumb. Mainstream is good at communicating an idea. Science is typically lacking in social. I learned both and got crucified.

What do you mean?

I think I meant that high IQ only matters to people with a high IQ. No-one else gives a fuck because simply having a high IQ usually has no real life benefits.

If you're hung up on your IQ score, then you're probably intelligently stupid.

It's easy to feel smug when your IQ score is in the top 0.2% of the population, but in real terms it means fuck all...

IQ tests are an awful way to test intelligence. They are good at telling whether a person will be a good employee and at testing analytical intelligence but that’s it. There are so many more ways people are intelligent that the IQ test does not account for.

It is flawed and those who use it to measure intelligence are pretty unintelligent in my opinion.

IQ tests are an awful way to test intelligence. They are good at telling whether a person will be a good employee and at testing analytical intelligence but that’s it. There are so many more ways people are intelligent that the IQ test does not account for.

It is flawed and those who use it to measure intelligence are pretty unintelligent in my opinion.

Exactly my point @MsDiz

But I was rendered too stupid from excessive alcohol consumption to be able define my thoughts....

Psychedelics are a way to measure intelligence if you learn what they’re trying to teach you.

@madness00 every drug teaches you something new. You can overdo it and become a walking talking version. Like I think psilocybin and dmt address spirit. Lsd logic. Mdma emotion. Mescaline the dream. Then you have history or books. Sometimes go hand in hand.