• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Are benzos affected by the pH of your stomach when you take them?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
I know that this is absolutely essential when it comes to methadone; a high-acidity stomach can result in up to ONE THIRD (33% !!) of your dose being excreted unchanged. That is a simply enormous effect - as my dose is 220 mg methadone daily, a very acidic stomach may mean a whole 77 mg or so will literally go down the toilet!!

Anyway, I'm also taking Zopiclone (Imovane in Canada) which you don't have in the US - however, you Do have Lunesta which is the racemic mixture of Zopiclone. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, you can substitute Lunesta in your experiences with this. I took a large dose of 15 mg a full 3 hours ago, and feel next to nothing!! Normally, this drug knocks me out flat in as little as 20 minutes to a half hour...every other time I've taken it. I usually do take it on a completely empty stomach, but today I had eaten 2 slices of buttery toast - not much food at all, so I wasn't worried.

What I suspect is that since I went to great lengths (as always) to raise my stomach pH before my morning daily methadone, the zopiclone may be affected in the opposite way - requiring acid to properly absorb. Does anyone know, or have any experience with this?? I would REALLY appreciate ANY advice, input, experiences etc. at all; this is a very big issue for me, since I have severe and chronic insomnia. I can't stop taking the zopiclone, and I absolutely can't stop the methadone!! BUT what I may be able to do (with your advice) is figure out an acidity schedule to try and make them both work!

None of this is even necessary until I KNOW for a FACT that acidity does affect Zopiclone (or benzos if they have the same issue with them). I'd really appreciate it, guys and girls :) Thanks so much for your time <3<3 :) :) :D :D !

Benzodiazepines in tablet form tend to exist in their freebase form, not as a salt, except for midazolam, (can't speak for z-drugs) typically they are not significantly effected by normal digestion you'd have to have some pretty serious chemical imbalances.

Benzodiazepines in tablet form tend to exist in their freebase form, not as a salt, except for midazolam, (can't speak for z-drugs) typically they are not significantly effected by normal digestion you'd have to have some pretty serious chemical imbalances.

Yeah, but it isn't a benzo. It does have benzo effects because it acts on GABA by increasing its transmission, but it has a different structure. It's one of the so-called Z-drugs.

I know what it is, I've used zolpidem before, it really didn't work for me though.

IME in traditional benzos like alprazolam isnt not affected by ph levels well for me anyway hell as a matter of fact it has settled my stomach plenty of times when i have induced "acid reflux" caused by my waves of anxiety
same goes for diazepam, ativan and klonopin

Anyway, I'm also taking Zopiclone (Imovane in Canada) which you don't have in the US - however, you Do have Lunesta which is the racemic mixture of Zopiclone.

It's the other way round - Imovane is racemic (i.e. a 50:50 mix of R-Zopiclone and S-Zopiclone) and Lunesta is enantiopure ("Eszopiclone" simply means "S-Zopiclone", i.e. that it only contains the S-enantiomer).

nope. but im pretty sure xanax can melt under ure tounge since it is fat soluble