• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms?

TDO90

Bluelighter
I have tried taking 0.5g, 1g, 2g and 3g of mushrooms for depression and anxiety but they have been completely useless. Trips were okay but not something special or worth doing often. I also tried legal ketamine and almost every antidepressant without any positive effects. The only medication that was really effective was Tramadol but it's impossible to get it. Is there anything wrong I'm doing when it comes to shrooms?

Maybe have a look here :

in the john hopkins study they used very high doses of shrooms upwards of between 4-5 grams trying to bring about a massive spiritual encounter with the infinite. They are not a magic bullet though in the trip you have to use it as tool to think about your life and accept and let go of many things which the shrooms help with this is where true effects come from. But there is also a subset of people who are resistant to everything including shrooms ketamine all the antidepressants which i believe only achieving enlightment will set those very small group free. Shrooms usually give me 2 months of freedom of depression but not always.

It's different for everybody but IME it has helped me at least for a short while. It is definitely not a long time cure. You should combine it with other things such as exercise, therapy, support systems, etc. Small frequent doses seemed to work best. I don't think therapy is given enough credit, and it is really useful if you find a good therapist. If you combine the two I believe you'll make incredible progress.

Oh, and Tramadol is extremely hard to get prescribed unfortunately. Have you also looked into microdosing LSD? Some say that works better for them. Benzodiazepines for anxiety have also been a life saver for me, although they can be addicting.

Maybe have a look here :
Thank you! I'll definitely read those articles.

in the john hopkins study they used very high doses of shrooms upwards of between 4-5 grams trying to bring about a massive spiritual encounter with the infinite. They are not a magic bullet though in the trip you have to use it as tool to think about your life and accept and let go of many things which the shrooms help with this is where true effects come from. But there is also a subset of people who are resistant to everything including shrooms ketamine all the antidepressants which i believe only achieving enlightment will set those very small group free. Shrooms usually give me 2 months of freedom of depression but not always.
I really want to try higher dose but the problem is that I can't get a sitter and I heard it can be dangerous to do it by yourself. I plan on trying 3 grams soon and hopefully it's enough to reach my subconscious mind.

Frequent low doses, ~250mg, taken several times a week helped me more than single larger doses. Everyone's different though, and depression is complex.
Thanks :D I heard about micro-dosing and want to try it soon.

Yeah higher doses are something you need to work up to over alot of experince slow and steady progress. Each trip is a chance to analyze a different part of your self they build on each other as you work through periods of pain trauma and sadness and rebuild yourself.

Oh, and Tramadol is extremely hard to get prescribed unfortunately. Have you also looked into microdosing LSD? Some say that works better for them. Benzodiazepines for anxiety have also been a life saver for me, although they can be addicting.
I have no idea how to get lsd. Alprazolam is really effective for GAD but it does nothing for social anxiety. Tramadol works like magic since it completely gets rid of all anxiety and depression. I'm talking about doses of 100-150mgs. No other opioids have been this effective.

I have no idea how to get lsd. Alprazolam is really effective for GAD but it does nothing for social anxiety. Tramadol works like magic since it completely gets rid of all anxiety and depression. I'm talking about doses of 100-150mgs. No other opioids have been this effective.

Hopefully you'll come across LSD the same way you came across shrooms. I get prescribed Xanax for acute panic attacks but Clonazepam (Kpinz) works all day for my social anxiety, so shoot for that if you can. Do you have a psychiatrist? Tramadol, where I live, will almost never be prescribed for mental health disorders.

Yeah higher doses are something you need to work up to over alot of experince slow and steady progress. Each trip is a chance to analyze a different part of your self they build on each other as you work through periods of pain trauma and sadness and rebuild yourself.
That's exactly what I want. I want to make lasting changes to my personality and research shows that you're extremely suggestible after taking magic mushrooms. It will probably require 5 grams or more which means total loss of reality. Don't know how I would react without a sitter. I afraid there's a risk of self harm at those doses.

It's different for everybody but IME it has helped me at least for a short while. It is definitely not a long time cure. You should combine it with other things such as exercise, therapy, support systems, etc. Small frequent doses seemed to work best. I don't think therapy is given enough credit, and it is really useful if you find a good therapist. If you combine the two I believe you'll make incredible progress.
Exercise really does help a lot but unfortunately positive mood doesn't last long after workout. I've been seeing a therapist but they don' really help.

Exercise really does help a lot but unfortunately positive mood doesn't last long after workout. I've been seeing a therapist but they don' really help.

Yeah the exercise boost will only help for a little while after. Do you make a routine out of it? Also maybe you need a new therapist, or just one who specializes in something else. Have you been diagnosed with any conditions?

Hopefully you'll come across LSD the same way you came across shrooms. I get prescribed Xanax for acute panic attacks but Clonazepam (Kpinz) works all day for my social anxiety, so shoot for that if you can. Do you have a psychiatrist? Tramadol, where I live, will almost never be prescribed for mental health disorders.
I do have a psychiatrist but yeah tramadol will never be prescribed for depression. I mean it's even extremely hard to get it for pain.

Yeah the exercise boost will only help for a little while after. Do you make a routine out of it? Also maybe you need a new therapist, or just one who specializes in something else. Have you been diagnosed with any conditions?
I try to exercise every single day. I was diagnosed with ADD, depression and different types of anxiety. My therapist basically tells me to try new things but it doesn't help.

That's exactly what I want. I want to make lasting changes to my personality and research shows that you're extremely suggestible after taking magic mushrooms. It will probably require 5 grams or more which means total loss of reality. Don't know how I would react without a sitter. I afraid there's a risk of self harm at those doses.
a sitter is always best. Never raise your max dose you ever had done by to much as the curve is very exponential past a certain thresh hold in effects. Finding the optimal dose that works best for the individual requires some trials. Sitter is always a good idea for those who are not experienced. The first time i did shrooms i overshoot the dose but i had alot of high dose LSD experiences behind me but it still broke me down and made me cry and gave me a intense afterglow of empathy for all living things. There are some things in childhood that shrooms will force you to confront and having a sitter there to talk through these rough periods is very helpful for people.

Healing with psychedelic's is a process which will unfold over years of trips it took me over 50 trips to come to terms with most things but i still kept running from my darkest memories i didn't want to confront til recently after too many trips.

Set and setting and play it safe on dosages till you get comfortable at your range i hope you manage to find peace and solace. Remember its all love and light deep down in the trip.

I try to exercise every single day. I was diagnosed with ADD, depression and different types of anxiety. My therapist basically tells me to try new things but it doesn't help.
Sounds like you need a new therapist to be honest. I'm diagnosed with bipolar, GAD, social anxiety, PTSD, and Aspergers. I feel you man, I hope you find some relief. It is out there.

AAAASH LET'S TALK on discord you there?