• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms?

a sitter is always best. Never raise your max dose you ever had done by to much as the curve is very exponential past a certain thresh hold in effects. Finding the optimal dose that works best for the individual requires some trials. Sitter is always a good idea for those who are not experienced. The first time i did shrooms i overshoot the dose but i had alot of high dose LSD experiences behind me but it still broke me down and made me cry and gave me a intense afterglow of empathy for all living things. There are some things in childhood that shrooms will force you to confront and having a sitter there to talk through these rough periods is very helpful for people.

Healing with psychedelic's is a process which will unfold over years of trips it took me over 50 trips to come to terms with most things but i still kept running from my darkest memories i didn't want to confront til recently after too many trips.

Set and setting and play it safe on dosages till you get comfortable at your range i hope you manage to find peace and solace. Remember its all love and light deep down in the trip.
My last trip with 2 grams was starting to go bad and I was stuck thinking about the big thing over and over again. Taking alprazolam helped a lot but I was still restless.
Thanks so much for all of your answers. I really appreciate it.

Sounds like you need a new therapist to be honest. I'm diagnosed with bipolar, GAD, social anxiety, PTSD, and Aspergers. I feel you man, I hope you find some relief. It is out there.
Thanks so much!!! I hope things get better for you too.

I have tried taking 0.5g, 1g, 2g and 3g of mushrooms for depression and anxiety but they have been completely useless. Trips were okay but not something special or worth doing often. I also tried legal ketamine and almost every antidepressant without any positive effects. The only medication that was really effective was Tramadol but it's impossible to get it. Is there anything wrong I'm doing when it comes to shrooms?

I'd like to start off by saying that I can't really recommend this to anyone as I'm not a medical professional and everyone is different.

16 years ago, I successfully treated my depression and social anxiety with MDMA and mushrooms. These were abnormal, one-off treatments as well, which is why I don't really think my situation is applicable to others. Never mind that I was 19, desperate, and experimenting on myself. It all could have gone sideways, really.

1 dose of MDMA (~130mg) followed three weeks later by one dose of mushrooms (P. cubensis ~3-4g) had me sorted. Though, if I'm being honest, the MDMA was the catalyst.....the mushrooms only served to confirm what I had learnt and to help me re-order the way I thought in general.

Both experiences were very meaningful at the time (and are still so, I guess) which is what may be missing. Defo not trips that "were okay but not something special or worth doing often", as you say above.

What situation did you do the mushrooms in? Where were you? Who were you with? How strong was the trip? It's possible you need to work your way up to something like 5g in order to have a meaningful trip.

All our brain chemistry is different.

What works for someone wont neccessarily work for you.

I hate tramadol. Love ket.

Your likely going to prefer opiates if you like tramadol. Be careful with those though stay safe

What worked for me was eating 7-9 grams of cyans in the woods (camping in back country, no other campsites for miles) losing my goddamn mind and crying/laughing/rambling incoherently for like 6 hours.

After that I felt great for almost a year straight up. Still feel better even when I am getting a bit bummed out or nervous, it's no where near what it was like before that hard neural reset.

It definitely takes the right setting. And dose to get that feeling from empathogens/psychdelics.

I found being unprepared for it diving in and being around the right people usually helps.

Never go into it expecting anything imo. Psychedelics have the ability to relieve depression but can also make it worse.

Mushrooms can be quite dark sometimes also they not always that magical trip that makes you feel new born

Thanks :D I heard about micro-dosing and want to try it soon.
Maybe have a look here :