• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone elses pharmacy suddenly stopped selling promethazine tablets

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
A pharmacy near me used to sell really nicely priced generic(cheap) version of the phenergen travel sicknasd tablets aka promethazine tabs however last week I popped in and not only are these tabs not being sold there anymore but neither of phenergen after inquiring I found out the higher ups had decided to stop selling them I don't know if this is just unlucky or some kind of new order coming to all pharmacies had anyone else experienced this if not please keep your ears open and let me know, makes me laugh when you can buy cocodomal and get 240mg of liquid codeine I am gonna try another chemist who also sell the generic cheap travel sickness haven't tried them since atleast two months ago when they had none in no phenergen either (hmm anyone else starting to notice a pattern 🤔)

Now don't panic fellow promethazine heads this could be a coincidence but it could be more to so please ask your pharmacists if they still stock such drugs as long as it won't draw any undue attention to you.

Ps. Does anyone know if boots sell a cheap generic version of phenergen/travel sickness tabs with promethazine I haven't had a chance to ask because I know the pharmacists at my local boots and I wouldn't dare even ask if they have an aspirin in stock

Any info/answers that shed light on the above questions would be much appreciated yours truly the one, the only ganjcat

Which country are you in?? That seems really odd that they would still be selling codeine OTC but not promethazine.....

It was/is gonna happen sooner or later with all these imbeciles using it in their 'lean' mixture.

I used to be able to buy bottles of Codeine Linctus up until the past 6 months - a years for £2-£3 (Roughly $3-$5) - (bollox suie for me price discussion) for a 200ml bottle of pure Codeine Lictus up until the past year or so in which time it's been taken off there shelves due to abuse.

Thanks USA

I've seen them in pharmacies near me in the UK still, it's entirely up to pharmacy staff to decide what generics are worth stocking, if they don't sell well they'll ditch them for something else that's been requested. You can get promethazine on prescription for free so they probably have the majority of people get it like that. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about like a shadow ban lol

Last edited:
It was/is gonna happen sooner or later with all these imbeciles using it in their 'lean' mixture.

I used to be able to buy bottles of Codeine Linctus up until the past 6 months - a years for £2-£3 (Roughly $3-$5) - (bollox suie for me price discussion) for a 200ml bottle of pure Codeine Lictus up until the past year or so in which time it's been taken off there shelves due to abuse.

Thanks USA
Mate, codeine has been prescription-only for like 4 years now, here in Australia. It fucking sucks, but it's the only way I got clean off it.

Mate, codeine has been prescription-only for like 4 years now, here in Australia. It fucking sucks, but it's the only way I got clean off it.
How are you now? My supply stopped a while ago and with the exhaustion and low mood, I'm really struggling.

About 5 months! I do break occasionally and do a cwe (UK based) but I'm reminded it does absolutely nothing for me.. I seem to have a long standing tolerance issue.

Yes sominex sleeping tablets, pure promethazine 20mg, packs of 8 or 16
Just looked it up. Looks like the US version has diphenhydramine and the UK version has promethazine.

OP, If you can't find promethazine in any local pharmacies for whatever reason, maybe give diphenhydramine a try. I think it's called SleepEase in UK. It's a sedative antihistamine like promethazine.

Last edited:
About 5 months! I do break occasionally and do a cwe (UK based) but I'm reminded it does absolutely nothing for me.. I seem to have a long standing tolerance issue.
Just out of interest what dose do you take when you cwe?

Run a blind American citizen Geography vs UK test against an average US citizen/student

You say that now... but give it another couple of years with your kids looking up to American trap rappers as role models... ;)

My nearest pharmacy store closed around a couple of months ago. I’ve been purchasing my stuff online since then. Let’s hope they opens soon.

Just out of interest what dose do you take when you cwe?
48 8/500 co-codamol (I only take this many if the extract is gin clear). Not bothering anymore though, tis useless. Tried high dose lope which is a strange one, don't feel the effects for about 12 hours but then I'm rolling nicely. Also not doing that now however as the cardiac implications are too damn scary.

48 8/500 co-codamol (I only take this many if the extract is gin clear). Not bothering anymore though, tis useless. Tried high dose lope which is a strange one, don't feel the effects for about 12 hours but then I'm rolling nicely. Also not doing that now however as the cardiac implications are too damn scary.
You just have to either increase the dose, or take a break the longer the better but even a day is significant

I infamously have a lot of experience with codeine a lot if you wanna know anything ask me you would be surprised how high you can get from codeine even with a tolerance.