• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone else manage to survive the rave scene?

found some doofers though to be just as pretencious in their own way

psycadelified said:
the psy trance scene is where its at nowdays :)
Indeed it is, but I don't like to advertise it too much, otherwise I fear it will inevitably become infiltrated with the fucktards at raves nowadays! Once they hear how "in" doofs and psytrance and acid are... 8)
Then whatever shall we do?!

rm2x said:
shit dude, I was just about to post that link lol

good forum over there too, some real oldschool nutters :)
Yep!! Are you on the forum? Stillbuggin was started by my ex Steve, the nuttiest oldskool nut I have ever come across! A true champ =D

n3ophy7e said:
Hell yes WarChild, I get those thoughts and feelings all the time! You're right, all it takes is a song, seeing someone from that era, or driving past an old venue etc.
But it doesn't make me sad/feel empty anymore. Instead, I feel happy and grateful that I got to experience something so special! Yeah sure it sucks that it will never be the same again but like I said, it's awesome that we were around in that space/moment in time. Life changes all the time, it's about making the most of what's happening right now, rather than mourning the past.
Also, the big "rave" parties are mostly shit these days, the crowds at them are even worse, and in general the drugs are so weak/full of nasty stuff, it ain't worth bothering :)
I will say this though, if you're after oldskool parties, there's an awesome bunch of people up in Sydney who put oldskool parties on regularly. The crowd mainly consists of oldies (28-50 year olds) relivin' the past and a few young'ns who are searching for that fabled lovey oldskool vibe that they've heard so much about =D
Check it out: http://www.stillbuggin.com

i am SO fucking happy that you are now regulating the forum and contributing. this particular post was amazing and thought provoking. welcome to bluelight neo; please stick around <3

...kytnism...:|

n3ophy7e said:
Yep!! Are you on the forum? Stillbuggin was started by my ex Steve, the nuttiest oldskool nut I have ever come across! A true champ =D

lol yeah, only done a few posts though, username: rm1x :)

here's my top 10 oldschool track list!

1: Jam & Spoon - Follow Me
2: Pepermint Lounge - Lemon Project
3: Marmion - Schoenberg
4: Dream Frequency - Take me to the top (probably my fave out of the list)
5: Quench - Dreams
6: Love Decade - So Real
7: Gongo - Masterblaster
8: Pragha Khan - Injected with a poison
9: FSOL - Papua New Guinea
10: Sperminator - No Women Allowed

rm2x said:
lol yeah, only done a few posts though, username: rm1x :)

here's my top 10 oldschool track list!

1: Jam & Spoon - Follow Me
2: Pepermint Lounge - Lemon Project
3: Marmion - Schoenberg
4: Dream Frequency - Take me to the top (probably my fave out of the list)
5: Quench - Dreams
6: Love Decade - So Real
7: Gongo - Masterblaster
8: Pragha Khan - Injected with a poison
9: FSOL - Papua New Guinea
10: Sperminator - No Women Allowed
Awesome!!!

My top 10: (Sorry, VERY off-topic I know! Eeep! 8o )

I Feel Good - Praga Khan
Moog Eruption - Digital Orgasm
Get The Power - Hard Concert
In The Name Of Love - RTZ
Dance On The Groove - Agostini
Dreams - Quench
Take Me To The Top - Dream Frequency
Can You Dig It - Jemm77
Feel Alright - JV Project
It's A Party - Mastermind DJ

Fun times, fun times =D

Last weekend I watched Better Living Through Circuitry. It's a documentary about the rave scene. It's based on the American scene in the early 00's but from watching it I felt a great sense of nostalgia, to the point that I wished I was still a naive young candy raver instead of a jaded old fart (at 22 of all ages) that had already seen too much. I wished I could go to a rave and still enjoy them, despite the fact I don't think much of the music these days.

I thought about it afterwards and realised it was one of those movies you watch to justify your place in the rave scene.

If the rave community was really that tight, think about this - how many of your rave buddies are you still in contact with and at what point did you fall out of contact with everyone else?

gher said:
If the rave community was really that tight, think about this - how many of your rave buddies are you still in contact with and at what point did you fall out of contact with everyone else?

I'm in touch with a few that I met on my first pill, at my 3rd or 4th rave I think :)

Anyone else other than that few though? I'm still in close contact with a few people I met at the peak of my use but everyone else just disappeared, seemingly not wanting anything to do with me or vice versa. But maybe everyone is different - while many of my former schoolmates cherish their memories of school (year 12 especially), I never want to see those people again. Same can be said about my time in the rave scene.

yeah about seven of them, and they were the core group of us that would go out to party

I'm over the rave scene. When I first got into it I thought it was the shit now I think it's just shit. Some of the music is great though. Except hardstyle. Hardstyle as a whole sucks dick. Few songs are good tho.

Blame the drugs. There just not as good as they used to be, no more PLUR. ;)

i miss the experience of it all being new...

the excitement that built on a friday night, finishing work and knowing that a massive weekend was in store...

the rush on the day before trying to find your goodies...

going to a friends house to pre party....

the countdown till you could go out...

the drive there. oh so fun....

arriving... exploring a new place... (i loved it when every venue was unique.... not overused)...

the fun of meeting randoms and having the typical pill conversations for the first few times (i'm sick of having plurred up conversations now..)

watching the sun come up..

everyone leaving with a simle on their face...

and that being the end of the party.. no post parties, wreckoveries or anything like that....

ahh... i miss those times

Why don't you like post parties? I think they're awesome. That could be because its the point of view of an (ex) meth user versus pillhead of course. Yes I am the type of person who ruined all your parties, heh heh ;)

We always used to have a recovery after a party, but they weren't "wreckoveries" at all. No music above 120bpm, we'd always have fruit, tea, coffee, and cereal stocked in the apartment, some people may have another pill, but more often than not, we'd smoke a spliff, maybe pop a valium and watch cartoons. :)