• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anybody got any experience with substances that lower your opiate tolerance; or enhance opiate highs?

Dxm, promethazine or pretty much any antihistamine, valium, cannabis the list is endless depending on what your looking for alcohol is good to

Here's why NDMA antagonists are touted as they are...
I don't think they reverse much of the tolerance to the euphoria, but they do help with analgesia, etc.. in the right doses.

Disso's in a sense are also analgesics and can help pain, so it only makes sense that the two combined should bring at least some extra pain relief.

Last edited:
Dxm, promethazine or pretty much any antihistamine, valium, cannabis the list is endless depending on what your looking for alcohol is good to
Alcohol is beneficial in lowering opioid tolerance? Doubt it but Even of IT is so it still Will cause More harm than good.

Alcohol is beneficial in lowering opioid tolerance? Doubt it but Even of IT is so it still Will cause More harm than good.
it doesn't lower opioid tolerance and you're right, it does cause more harm than good cos you're just mixing depressants and increasing your chance of respiratory depression.

heroin, alcohol and benzos used to be my favourite combo cos all i wanted was to relax to the point of unconsciousness. i've had ex boyfs and my mum have to sit by me cos they can't wake me up and i'm barely breathing, just waiting to see if i stop and they need to call an ambulance. don't really recommend it.

Here's why NDMA antagonists are touted as they are...
I don't think they reverse much of the tolerance to the euphoria, but they do help with analgesia, etc.. in the right doses.

Disso's in a sense are also analgesics and can help pain, so it only makes sense that the two combined should bring at least some extra pain relief.

Levomethadone IS a pure mu-opipod analgesic. Dextromethadone IS a nmda antagonist and a mu-reseptor agonist, albeit quite a bit lower on potency.

One would assume racemic methadone to Be superior but it IS considered an outdatet drug with dual painkilling action but noi, they treat it with as outdated (accordinf to big pharma's patents not pumpint out money agt least so no merket heavily the the more poten levomethadone which sure is more potent mg per mg but it van be compansated thoruogh simplydosing. They 're trying to make as believe levomethodone is this sophisticatged which is hrose shit .

With ampehetemine there was dezedrine< racemic dl amphetimene, excellent drug eve in todays staandards.§ Then the paten run out and they brought the refined version dexdrine, whixh only contains dexamphetamine. Now there's nol paten left in dexedrine so they end putting inferior lecoamphetamine in different ratio than the original pracemicproduct. This is just taking the piss at the customers expences and cashing in copious amojunts of fat paychacecks one after another. Everyone shoul educate him/herself (fuck all the other noun you assholes just live to makother people's lives unnessericily complicate and are also part of problem. Education is the to get rid of this- -for once please stop blurring the gender lines aaand lookimg like assholes and do something usefull with your life. orso this type of abuse wouldnt be possible.

Last edited:
I'm on bupe atm and I've tapered down without telling the people who give me it so I have a pretty big stockpile of the stuff, over 700mg I believe.

I recently got a new bed and did a lot of rearranging/cleaning in my room and found a stash of roughly a ½Oz of H I completely forgot about and it's really good H too.

I wasn't planning on it, but now it's there's it's too tempting. I plan on smoking it after the programme/when I'm off bupe and then using the stockpiled bupe I have and then I'll taper off that when the H is used up (please, no lectures, I know what I'm capable of. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have the stockpiled bupe)

All this said, my tolerance will by absolutely sky-high after I've stopped taking buprenorphine. Does anybody know of anything that can lower your tolerance to opiates? I've heard proglumide can cut it in HALF which seems amazing but I can't seem to find any decent sources for it, especially seeing as I'm in the UK.

Does anybody know of anything that can lower your tolerance to opiates? Or, even better, if taken in conjunction with opiates it increases the effects as it essentially lowers your tolerance on the spot/whilst you take it? I've heard of such things being possible. Or alternatively, anything that can enhance the effects of smoking the H/taking opiates?

Literally any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)
Honest opinion and advice keep going doing what your doing and give up completely , it’s worth it it really is, all that will happen when you take something soon is it will very quickly rocket your tolerance again mate and before you know it your in full blown addiction again. I know it’s not what you want to hear but that’s my honest opinion, what ever you do decide I wish you safety, health and happiness.

I don't like this subject lol. You know that nothing good comes from asking things like that.

Tolerance comes and goes and no one can predict that. I've been clean for 3 months and returned to have NO tolerance change or sensitivity to effects... and other times I will not use for 2 days and suddenly 10 milligrams of percocet will hit me harder than anything. The science behind tolerance is just too variable. If you really want to benefit from the opiate effects, unfortunately the best answer I can give is to just respect them. Even if you are dependent, there's a certain boundary even for addicts of a higher calibur that one sees how the game is just dark and out of our control at times.

Opiates are good enough tbh. Things can potentiate effects, but as an addict with some experience not any of those potentiations will really mean..... anything. There's no point in trying to make opiates "better" and nothing could be better lol. You know that after all this time for me I already knew it and we all did, but I really just enjoy life a lot more with opioids not being my daily routine anymore. The feeling is so much more than just a feeble high and you will enjoy it so much more if you can reach a point of not being regularly dependent on them. It was hard and still is for me, but I just missed out on so many key life colors and experiences because I was so unable to picture a life without them. Fearing "never being happy again" without them is always a ridiculous perspective to have but I think all dependent will think this one day. Life is just as good if not better without opiates... and honestly even with tolerance involved, anything you do day after day will become mentally dull and unexciting. I don't see how humans can push opiates to do more than they already do. Nor will it bring anything besides absolute suffering.

I am sick of people not reading stuff properly then calling me wrong or a liar when it's them.

READ THE TITLE

He says lower tolerance OR OR OR enhance the high alcohol would fall into the latter if your going to post a reply make sure you actually read the thread, and what your replying to

I am sick of people not reading stuff properly then calling me wrong or a liar when it's them.

READ THE TITLE

He says lower tolerance OR OR OR enhance the high alcohol would fall into the latter if your going to post a reply make sure you actually read the thread, and what your replying to
Easy there, killer. Can we at least admit that the phrase "enhance the high" is fairly subjective? I mean, almost anything could be construed to be something that "enhances one high", right? And from one perspective, when ethyl alcohol is in your blood, it makes your blood more absorbent over all, and thus drugs generally become more concentrated, barring any weird interactions. The trouble with drinking and being on opiates is: 🤮. Big time. Plus the danger of two CNS depressants in the system potentiating each other… not a good look for the respiratory system… There's a reason it's super rare to find someone who is both a heavy drinker and a heavy opioid user. Sure, they "potentiate" each other if you wanna call it that, but this mostly leads to blackouts, hospital visits, overdose, and potentially death. Call it cadaver-flipping. Idk about you, but to me death is probs the worst buzz kill of all time. OR! … the greatest potentiator ever depending on your outlook? ;)

I feel like all this NMda antagonaising compounds being miracle drugs that reduce or even abolish opioid tolerance is all massivele overhyped bullshit. They might in theory work a little bit but they'll make so minimal difference in real life it's laughable.
It helps to keep your expectations low, haha. The science is behind it, but they're not concerned with people tying one on; they're just looking at functional, small doses, too little to be considered recreational for the most part. Because you know, if you've got a 1.5-g-meth-per-day habit, don't be surprised if Memantine doesn't do jack diddly squat to a person's ginormous tolerance if they've built one up like that…

Personally, I have Memantine and have tried it here and there, but I don't think I could distinguish it confidently from placebo vis-à-vis stimulant tolerance reset. Can't speak on opioids because I so rarely use them... But it's in the literature, so I figure it was worth mentioning.

There' s a lot less isssues with opiod causing endlessly escalating tolaranve when it comes to bupe. Might Be bacause The ceilingm egmmmmmmmmmm

READ THE TITLE

so you you¨re sugeesting to to take a such miniscule dose of alcohol to yuorself thta it doesn't make the slghtests different any diractions. Gibe yourself a pad in back buddy for the genious you truly are.

How much is in a full bottle of Resilar?
Not sure, as we don't have that brand here in the US.

I can only give my subjective experience/opinion, but it takes a strong 300mg-600mg trip on dxm in order to "reset" tolerance.
I've done this many times. I notice the opioid is more sedating and I can take less than usual. It's not exactly more 'euphoric', but the dxm afterglow adds a nice touch to it.

Of course, if you continue to use the opioid daily, your tolerance will come back almost immediately.

Taking about 90mg of dxm with your opioid daily supposedly helps "prevent" tolerance, which I've also tried, but I didn't like the effect of the dxm on my opioid everyday, so I can't say I've had much success with "tolerance prevention".

Dxm is the only OTC thing I can think of that most people could get their hands on with to affect tolerance.
Levomethadone IS a pure mu-opipod analgesic. Dextromethadone IS a nmda antagonist and a mu-reseptor agonist, albeit quite a bit lower on potency.

One would assume racemic methadone to Be superior but it IS considered an outdatet drug with dual painkilling action but noi, they treat it with as outdated (accordinf to big pharma's patents not pumpint out money agt least so no merket heavily the the more poten levomethadone which sure is more potent mg per mg but it van be compansated thoruogh simplydosing. They 're trying to make as believe levomethodone is this sophisticatged which is hrose shit .

With ampehetemine there was dezedrine< racemic dl amphetimene, excellent drug eve in todays staandards.§ Then the paten run out and they brought the refined version dexdrine, whixh only contains dexamphetamine. Now there's nol paten left in dexedrine so they end putting inferior lecoamphetamine in different ratio than the original pracemicproduct. This is just taking the piss at the customers expences and cashing in copious amojunts of fat paychacecks one after another. Everyone shoul educate him/herself (fuck all the other noun you assholes just live to makother people's lives unnessericily complicate and are also part of problem. Education is the to get rid of this- -for once please stop blurring the gender lines aaand lookimg like assholes and do something usefull with your life. orso this type of abuse wouldnt be possible.

Interesting!
I've only had methadone a handful of times. I would say it feels SLIGHTLY similar to the way DXM makes you a little hazy/dreamy. Maybe it's the nmda antagonism. But as we can see, tolerance builds to methadone regardless.

I believe tramadol is also a weak nmda antagonist + SNRI/opioid.

Kappa receptor antagonists supposedly help slow the tolerance to mu agonism too I believe I read. Which is why supposedly tolerance builds slower with things like buprenorphine (although this is subjective IMO).

They use to market ampthetamine/stimulant/opioid combinations. Both provided better relief than either one on it's own, which is no surprise.

In the end the only true way to lower tolerance is to lower your dose/quit using for several days.

There' s a lot less isssues with opiod causing endlessly escalating tolaranve when it comes to bupe. Might Be bacause The ceilingm egmmmmmmmmmm

so you you¨re sugeesting to to take a such miniscule dose of alcohol to yuorself thta it doesn't make the slghtests different any diractions. Gibe yourself a pad in back buddy for the genious you truly are.
when did I say miniscule? And I'm just giving my two cents take from that what you will friend.

Citrus juice can potentiate. So can alcohol but that's not a smart idea because simultaneous consumption increases your risk of overdose.
Only way I know to reliably re-set my tolerance is to lower my dosage or take a break altogether.

Citrus juice can potentiate.
This is not usually the case.. It does the opposite. Citric juice contains citric acid and ascorbic acid. Both lower the renal pH, making our urine more acidic whilst aiding the kidneys in the removal of compounds from the body, such as most drugs (notice I'm not using the bullshit, rehab-fellating buzzword, "toxins" here; this is on purpose.) The kidneys sort of "assign" acid molecules to things passing through our metabolic system so as to render them water-soluble and easy for us to expel from the body via urination. This equates to a shorter duration and a shorter half-life to elimination for most drugs when we have a lower, more acidic renal pH, and conversely, a higher pH results in extended duration and half-life.

EDIT: Though, to your point, while the total bioavailability of a drug decreases with a lower urinary pH, the very fact that your body is metabolizing the drug more quickly means it may have a sharper incline towards its peak effects over the timeline of its duration. So it could be the case that while having a lower pH is less efficient, it also may afford a sharper spike in the peak effects. I admit I'm just speculating here, and I tend to think this is not the case. Higher renal pH = higher drug bioavailability = favorable condition for those seeking to maximize a drug's qualitative effects.

Last edited:
This is not usually the case

notice I'm not using the bullshit "toxins" here;
I should have been more specific and said grapefruit juice. It inhibits the action of the enzyme CYP3A4, which metabolizes a range of drugs including opiates, and this increases the blood plasma concentration of opiates by a large amount. (Hence why the consumption of grapefruit is contra - indicated with several medications.)

As for 'toxins', it's the correct word - your kidney and liver eliminate toxins from the body. It's just both over - used and wrongly used in alternative medicine and rehab circles (namely for instance the idea you need to do special things to 'detoxify' your body when your liver and kidneys are literally doing that continuously, and anything they can't deal with would require prompt medical attention Xd).

I feel like all this NMda antagonaising compounds being miracle drugs that reduce or even abolish opioid tolerance is all massivele overhyped bullshit. They might in theory work a little bit but they'll make so minimal difference in real life it's laughable.
This has been my experience with attempting to use DXM, MXE, and K to "reset" tolerance. It didn't matter if I hit myself with hole level doses or did the absolute minimum possible along with my opioids. My tolerance pretty much remained the same and gradually increased with usage. There isn't any way to avoid paying the piper I'm afraid.

Now you can fuck around with the grapefruit juice, benzos, alcohol, or whatever else to enhance the opioids. For the most part all they really do is extend the dose for a bit (grapefruit juice) or makes nods easier to obtain (benzos, alcohol, Gaba drugs etc). But it all comes at the risk of overdose. Even with a high opioid tolerance some days they just hit you harder and before you know it you're going to need a friend there with some Narcan.

The only way I've found to reduce tolerance is abstaining from all opioids for several days/weeks. This will make the initial dose stronger when you take them again. But your tolerance will go back up to where it was before within a day or two. If you were already dependent in the past it'll bring back withdraws full force after as little as two days of using in a row. Once you've gotten the brain used to opioids it remembers really quickly and falls back into its old cycles.

In my opinion adding more opioids is always safer than mixing them with other substances. One trick I've noticed is thc will bring out the feeling of opioids more. I don't know what it is about thc or why it does this. I just know when I was actively using I could take enough oxycodone to where I should have been feeling something, not feeling much, but then I'd take a few tokes and suddenly I felt high from the opioids and the thc all at once.

During my heavy use of opioids I was into some hardcore poly drug abuse. Adding xanax, gabapentin, thc, and many other things to them like DXM or MXE in an attempt to go further with less opioids. None of this really worked. I did get higher and would more able to nod but I wasn't really feeling the opioids anymore than I would have. When it came time to pay the piper I was really in a bad way because I was withdrawing from opioids and benzos at the same time.

I know you aren't going to throw out the H but if I were you I'd just wait longer to take it. The longer you're away from the bupe the more you'll get out of the H. There isn't any magic drug you can take to undo the damage the bupe has done. Your receptors are accustomed to the bupe now and it's going to take a long time until they're back to normal, whatever that is.

Just be aware that your tolerance may not be as high as you think. Start slow with the H. Do not be surprised if you're in a bad way once you do it all and try to jump back to the bupe. It's going to be like starting all over again. Every time you jump back and forth or let yourself go into withdrawal it's going to be a little worse each time.

NMDA antagonists like : Ketamine, Dextromethorphan, Magensium, etc.. can help prevent and some times reset tolerance (somewhat) and also potentiate opioids. But too much of it can dirty up the high when taken together. Combining both could lead to more respiratory depression. So I'd start low and know your tolerance well.

Diphenhydramine is a common potentiator of opioids but I find it just causes sedation from it's antihistamine effects.

Stimulants + opioids potentiate each other, but that's more for veteran drug users & I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Other than that, only a tolerance break (not taking any) is the most truly effective way. Tolerance to some opioids can drop pretty rapidly within the first few days.
Speedballing? I have terrible times combining opiates with stims but the speedballs I was doing are trashy.

I imagine Chris Farley was doing the best speedballs you could bang for your buck with that status.

17 rehabs didn't stop him.