• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anybody got any experience with substances that lower your opiate tolerance; or enhance opiate highs?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I'm on bupe atm and I've tapered down without telling the people who give me it so I have a pretty big stockpile of the stuff, over 700mg I believe.

I recently got a new bed and did a lot of rearranging/cleaning in my room and found a stash of roughly a ½Oz of H I completely forgot about and it's really good H too.

I wasn't planning on it, but now it's there's it's too tempting. I plan on smoking it after the programme/when I'm off bupe and then using the stockpiled bupe I have and then I'll taper off that when the H is used up (please, no lectures, I know what I'm capable of. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have the stockpiled bupe)

All this said, my tolerance will by absolutely sky-high after I've stopped taking buprenorphine. Does anybody know of anything that can lower your tolerance to opiates? I've heard proglumide can cut it in HALF which seems amazing but I can't seem to find any decent sources for it, especially seeing as I'm in the UK.

Does anybody know of anything that can lower your tolerance to opiates? Or, even better, if taken in conjunction with opiates it increases the effects as it essentially lowers your tolerance on the spot/whilst you take it? I've heard of such things being possible. Or alternatively, anything that can enhance the effects of smoking the H/taking opiates?

Literally any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

NMDA antagonists like : Ketamine, Dextromethorphan, Magensium, etc.. can help prevent and some times reset tolerance (somewhat) and also potentiate opioids. But too much of it can dirty up the high when taken together. Combining both could lead to more respiratory depression. So I'd start low and know your tolerance well.

Diphenhydramine is a common potentiator of opioids but I find it just causes sedation from it's antihistamine effects.

Stimulants + opioids potentiate each other, but that's more for veteran drug users & I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Other than that, only a tolerance break (not taking any) is the most truly effective way. Tolerance to some opioids can drop pretty rapidly within the first few days.

Last edited:
I am just interested in this thread. So therefore commenting brings it up.

What I have been doing is lowering my opioid dose so that I can still get an effect however when I drink an energy drink especially redbull ( which is putting a dent in the budget right now ) it enhances.

However, I didn't have a clue on my own but when I ran across a confirmation that energy drinks get very attractive because they have taurine and can also contain L-carnitine along with the taurine which passes through the BBB.

This is why so many get obsessed with drinking energy drinks.

So therefore, this seems to enhance 2mg's opioid to at least 4mg's and definitely 4mg's to a 6. But anyway, I notice a Huge difference when I wash down an opioid with these.

I didn't realize this at first and just thought that I was getting energy.

The only thing is that one must put up with the other excessive ingredients for filler. I drink the sugar free drinks to cut back on the fullness and so not to be too filling. Anyway.

I guess we aren't supposed to realize that little bit info. about the BBB. I wonder how long they can keep selling these on the market.

I did look this fact up a few times and each time it was confirmed. Taurine and L-carnitine DO in fact cross over into BBB.

Anyway it seemed to be an amazing enhancer, so far !! Please be careful. These ingredients are strong. And in contrast to belief that they aren't that bad, I feel they definitely lean towards being very potent and do enhance to resulting in a stronger effect when mixed into the BBB receptor when combined. So to speak. Seriously !

edit: this is just what happened to me. i am not recommending it. yuckie. it was just something that i DID notice. AND seems very true.

NMDA antagonists like : Ketamine, Dextromethorphan, Magensium, etc.. can help prevent and some times reset tolerance (somewhat) and also potentiate opioids. But too much of it can dirty up the high when taken together. Combining both could lead to more respiratory depression. So I'd start low and know your tolerance well.

Diphenhydramine is a common potentiator of opioids but I find it just causes sedation from it's antihistamine products.

Stimulants + opioids potentiate each other, but that's more for veteran drug users & I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Other than that, only a tolerance break (not taking any) is the most truly effective way. Tolerance to some opioids can drop pretty rapidly within the first few days.

I was never much into opioids but like this guy said dissociatives can help lowering tolerance, and imo they have a bit relatable high to opioids, so you might appreciate them and use them on the off-days.

diphenhydramine and promethazine (1st gen antihistamine) are well known combo with narcotics for the nods. i don't like to mix drugs and i personally find 2nd generation antihistamine like cetirizine (zyrtec) to be my favorite choice since it removes the bad side effects of histamine release and makes high better and cleaner, but otherwise is not psychoactive.

Last edited:
Yes I HEAR that zyrtec is that amazing help that isn't that well know yet. And tough to find info on.
I will be looking into someday hopefully, as well.

It's OTC in most countries. Just go to the pharmacy and buy as much of it as you want lol

Caffeine is the only opioid potentiator I know of. I just discovered that my 600mg Gabapentin (I forgot I had) helps me stay high longer and strengthens the opioid high. This could just be me or it could all be in my head. I'm careful though and only take one every so often because of the respiratory side effects of both. If you find something else let me know

I think the NMDA-receptor antagonist, Memantine, is known for partially resetting our tolerance to many drugs including opioids and amphetamines.

Surprised know ones said yet but any benzodiazepine type drugs, fuckin "z" drugs, pregablin and gabapentin (be really careful with pregabs if i.v. gear). Barbs aswell if you can find them. I've heard grapefruit juice that's a much safer alternative although not sayin h is safe like haha.

Not heard of energy drinks, I can see why now youv explained it, il try it with methadone tomorrow and il update what happened( try remember to sorry might forget)

Edit: O.P. asked bout the bupe thing. Iv always found if your taking bupe it's fine to still take gear as long as you keep taking bupe with it.
I imagine cos bupes an antagonist for 2 receptors it keeps those two blocked for h n shit but you get used to two being one antag two being agonist or something along those lines

Benzos I find can really decrease the euphoria and stimulation you get from opioids (if you're some one like me who enjoys opioids for this purpose).
They can add to the sedation/nod but not necessarily in a good way IMO and is the most common cause of OD's.

Most true "potentiators" are enzyme inhibitors. But pretty much everything else only really causes synergy or more sedation from the drugs own effect.

Benzos I find can really decrease the euphoria and stimulation you get from opioids (if you're some one like me who enjoys opioids for this purpose).
They can add to the sedation/nod but not necessarily in a good way IMO and is the most common cause of OD's.

Most true "potentiators" are enzyme inhibitors. But pretty much everything else only really causes synergy or more sedation from the drugs own effect.
Yeah mate I get what your saying I suppose if your taking benzos or pregabs with opiates people are probley trying to be as fucked as possible/ not dosing where you'd be stimulated.

I dunno tho I have 60ml methadone daily and usually small amounts of diazepam but sometimes clonaz/nitraz or whatever and I still get stimulated from the meth like

Yeah mate I get what your saying I suppose if your taking benzos or pregabs with opiates people are probley trying to be as fucked as possible/ not dosing where you'd be stimulated.

I dunno tho I have 60ml methadone daily and usually small amounts of diazepam but sometimes clonaz/nitraz or whatever and I still get stimulated from the meth like
True. I get paradoxal stimulation from benzos some times, but not often enough. :p

True. I get paradoxal stimulation from benzos some times, but not often enough. :p
Yeah you said it right before when you mentioned the increased risk of overdose that comes from combining opioids with benzos. Also, @JuncoPartner mentioned grapefruit juice and you said something about enzyme inhibition, and this is exactly what grapefruit juice does: it inhibits the enzyme set, cytochrome P450 which metabolizes many drugs in our bodies. Because of this, some prescription drugs come with a warning label not to consume grapefruit or its juice before taking the drug. However, P450 is not expressed evenly or consistently from person to person. Some people's systems rely on it heavily to break things down in their body, while others hardly express it at all, instead relying on different enzymes. We all sort of have our own unique balance of enzymes, so it really just depends on the individual in question.

Last edited:
I am just interested in this thread. So therefore commenting brings it up.

What I have been doing is lowering my opioid dose so that I can still get an effect however when I drink an energy drink especially redbull ( which is putting a dent in the budget right now ) it enhances.

However, I didn't have a clue on my own but when I ran across a confirmation that energy drinks get very attractive because they have taurine and can also contain L-carnitine along with the taurine which passes through the BBB.

This is why so many get obsessed with drinking energy drinks.

So therefore, this seems to enhance 2mg's opioid to at least 4mg's and definitely 4mg's to a 6. But anyway, I notice a Huge difference when I wash down an opioid with these.

I didn't realize this at first and just thought that I was getting energy.

The only thing is that one must put up with the other excessive ingredients for filler. I drink the sugar free drinks to cut back on the fullness and so not to be too filling. Anyway.

I guess we aren't supposed to realize that little bit info. about the BBB. I wonder how long they can keep selling these on the market.

I did look this fact up a few times and each time it was confirmed. Taurine and L-carnitine DO in fact cross over into BBB.

Anyway it seemed to be an amazing enhancer, so far !! Please be careful. These ingredients are strong. And in contrast to belief that they aren't that bad, I feel they definitely lean towards being very potent and do enhance to resulting in a stronger effect when mixed into the BBB receptor when combined. So to speak. Seriously !

edit: this is just what happened to me. i am not recommending it. yuckie. it was just something that i DID notice. AND seems very true.
20 years ago when I was addicted to oxycontin I found out that coffee and tea potentiated my dose considerably. As in, I would take my normal dose and be fine, but sometimes a mug or two of coffee or tea and I would be so high that I was puking.

My ideal opiate high includes both nodding and puking so I took to drinking hot tea all day everyday. I used to get high and then lay on the couch drinking tea. Many were the times I nodded out and spilled hot tea all over myself, lol.

I don't think modern commercial energy drinks existed at all at the time. If they did I was unaware of it.

A few years later when I got into Adderall and then meth red bulls and rockstars were popular. I always liked to combine those with the sugar free rockstars.

20 years ago when I was addicted to oxycontin I found out that coffee and tea potentiated my dose considerably. As in, I would take my normal dose and be fine, but sometimes a mug or two of coffee or tea and I would be so high that I was puking.
Caffeine potentiates opiates, so that makes sense. Also, so do inhibitors of cytochrome P450. Cimetidine suppresses the production of stomach acid and is known to potentiate opiates as well.
My ideal opiate high includes both nodding and puking
:laughing:
so I took to drinking hot tea all day everyday. I used to get high and then lay on the couch drinking tea. Many were the times I nodded out and spilled hot tea all over myself, lol.

I don't think modern commercial energy drinks existed at all at the time. If they did I was unaware of it.
There was Jolt cola and Yellow Jackets back in the day, lol.
A few years later when I got into Adderall and then meth red bulls and rockstars were popular. I always liked to combine those with the sugar free rockstars.
Caffeine also potentiates MDMA, but it's worth noting that combining stimulants is particularly hard on the heart. Tachycardia caused by multiple sources tend to cause microtears in myocardial tissues leading eventually to heart disease. Not that I don't do this anyway, but it's important for people to at least be aware, I think.

Caffeine also potentiates MDMA, but it's worth noting that combining stimulants is particularly hard on the heart. Tachycardia caused by multiple sources tend to cause microtears in myocardial tissues leading eventually to heart disease. Not that I don't do this anyway, but it's important for people to at least be aware, I think.
And taking an underwhelmingly wimpy and weak stimulant like caffeine on meth comedown must feel dissapointing as fuck.

I feel like all this NMda antagonaising compounds being miracle drugs that reduce or even abolish opioid tolerance is all massivele overhyped bullshit. They might in theory work a little bit but they'll make so minimal difference in real life it's laughable.
I think it's decent. No miracle though and seems to be the only commonly available substance(s) to use for this purpose.