View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [aMT Subthread] Smoking / Vaporizing AMT

halycyondaze

Bluelighter
Is it best then to smoke the freebase version? or take it orally? or plug it? There are so many mixed reports on this stuff - amount, effects, nausea, after effects. Im hopefully getting some soon but very confused on so many parts of it.

Is it best then to smoke the freebase version? or take it orally? or plug it? There are so many mixed reports on this stuff - amount, effects, nausea, after effects. Im hopefully getting some soon but very confused on so many parts of it.

There are so many different reports as it totally depends on the individual.

The positive and negative effects can be significantly different between different people using the same method of administration.

You'll just need to see what works for you. I'd say try oral first, and if that makes you feel too nauseas, then try plugging.

I`m going camping later today(for the weekend) and plan on doing some aMT. I tried smoking some last weekend but didn`t get much of an effect. It was a total pain trying to smoke it off of tin foil. I started to look around for a freebase pipe(the kind with the bulb at the end,not the straight glass "rose"crack pipe) but as of yet have been unlucky finding one. On the other hand I think the lady that runs my local head shop thinks I`m a crackhead now.

Only freebase AMT can be smoked so making sure you have the right form is the first step. If you have freebase then smoking it is a favourite ROA for me. The smoke is pretty nasty tasting but not harsh and it still takes a while to come up. For me I feel kinda drowsy for about an hour after smoking and then come up pretty quickly. The effects are much the same as other ROA but with less GI discomfort and usually a slightly shorter duration. Some find that smoking reduces the psychedelic effects slightly and increases the speedy effects but YMMV.

Funny you ask that question because I was wondering the same thing. I've got freebase, just got a shiny new pyrex base pipe today, and seriously considering smoking some AMT tomorrow night but I want to hear experiences about it from others.

It definitely seems to be a lot more potent this way for sure.

Smoked AMT Dosages
Threshold 2 mg
Light 4 - 5 mg
Common 6 - 10 mg
Strong 10 - 20 mg

Better have a damn good scale :O

And you can smoke the HCl if you can get it to vape, its just going to take more product and its going to be even harsher on the lungs...

I've never tried smoking the HCl but I do have rather a lot kicking about so might give it a whirl sometime. Pretty sure I've seen a conversion (in the main AMT thread somewhere, I think) to freebase from HCl powder so that may be an option.

I can attest to the fact that smoking is indeed way more potent than oral dosing - those figures look pretty accurate to me and fit with my own experience.

I find that smoking tiny amounts of aMT freebase is quite enjoyable if I'm tired and need a wake up, it seems pretty much just a stimulant at that level, albeit a fairly physical one rather than mental, and I like that it doesnt last as long.

/waves at Shambles, long time no see mate :)

*waves back at Sky and promises a return PM once he's worked through some of the mountain of backlog*

Smoking low dose AMT is great as a mood lift/antidepressant kinda thing. I'd actually say that is where it shines most as an ROA. For full on tripping oral or rectal dosing is probably more the way to go (unless conservation of material is a major issue, perhaps) but for low-dose mood/energy boosting effects it is highly effective.

I've never tried smoking the HCl but I do have rather a lot kicking about so might give it a whirl sometime. Pretty sure I've seen a conversion (in the main AMT thread somewhere, I think) to freebase from HCl powder so that may be an option.

I can attest to the fact that smoking is indeed way more potent than oral dosing - those figures look pretty accurate to me and fit with my own experience.

HCl is 20% less potent by weight.

As for smoking HCl, its not generally recommended to smoke salts because of the high vape point and such but with most chemicals it can be done. I'm not positive about AMT but I smoked 5-MeO-AMT HCl without much trouble... though it was terribly disgusting and didn't affect the duration much, if at all, which is what I was looking for.

If smoking makes the AMT more like AMP, I'm not interested as I can't handle stimulation like that.

I really dislike smoking AMT, I find the the smoke to taste absolutely foul and to be extremely harsh. A low dose does provide a nice mood lift though.

I tried snorting AMT freebase at the weekend, NEVER AGAIN, that shit burns and tastes awful.

HCl is 20% less potent by weight.

As for smoking HCl, its not generally recommended to smoke salts because of the high vape point and such but with most chemicals it can be done. I'm not positive about AMT but I smoked 5-MeO-AMT HCl without much trouble... though it was terribly disgusting and didn't affect the duration much, if at all, which is what I was looking for.

Not AMT, but I have been told by my friend that he split open a capsule of 4-AcO-DMT and smoked that - my other friend said that he was all over the place - very intense, and turned him into a bit of a zombie coz he was tripping so hard.

So it's possible - but in my opinion it's going to be a waste more often than not, as the vaporization point is so high as MKat777 said - and depending on how you smoke it it could damage your lungs and throat considerably - hot salts flying into your mouth and all.

Don't risk it, unless you can find a way to convert it into it's freebase form.

I smoked AMT a couple of months ago.
I do not know if it was the HcL or the freebase, but it had been dissolved in water in a small bottle that had previously contained some essential oil (to travel across continents safely) and hadn't been cleaned all too well I guess, because when I tried to get it out and sundried it it had turned from a yellowish powder into brownish and partly gooy crystals. Anyway i weighed a few mg and started smoking... Took quite a while to come up. The trip as pleasant enough, though it caused me some lack of focus and left me with memory problems... as if I had taken a benzo, which I hadn't.

Anyway, it didn't vape all too well and the smoke was VERY harsh... The next day I had almost no voice, and I had lots and lots of phlegm and a dry irritated throat and even lungs (I guess the whole upper respiratory tract) for about a week. I needed some phlegm-removing meds for a few days to sort me out. It wasn't a cold or anything - I had no other symptoms - but it has made me think twice about ever smoking AMT again.

If it dissolved in water I'd suspect it wasn't freebase. Needs to be a freebase to make smoking a viable ROA really. Although some have reported decent effects from smoking salts but doesn't seem wise to me. Vaped aMT freebase is pretty damn good though.

Tastes harsh but the effect is good best ROA in my opinion

Hey guys! Long time no see! I've been busy having fun, as you'll find out....

SO, I got this here amt freebase from my dealer, about 30mg to try out. He said smoking it will reduce body load, and this will be my first time with it. Anyway, i keep coming across conflicting dosage info, people say anywhere from 7mg to 20, anyone try smoking this stuff and if so, what was your dose? Also, the reason I'm choosing to smoke it is because I don't really want to trip out for 24 hours (I have work on thursday, hah). So, to the people that have smoked either freebase or the salt

1.dosage?
1.5 duration?
2. at that dose what were the effects?
3. How hard is it to sleep after smoking amt? (after your done tripping, of course.)
4.if you could clue me in on some of the visual aspects, that'd be great!
5. foil/crackpipe?
6. smoking cannabis (im a heaavy smoker)
Thats about it, I'm probably going to smoke it in an hour or so, so speedy replies would be amazing! thanks

EDIT:JUST saw the big and dandy amt thread XD BUT, before i report this to be merged, it'd be nice to get a few first hand tips

Last edited: