• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [aMT Subthread] Smoking / Vaporizing AMT

Actually I did try a few mg orally the first time I took it, to both test the waters for mislabeled chems or peculiar reactions and to indeed check if there was any merit to claims of anti-depressant effects.
Sure enough it worked (I honestly can't remember exactly what dose I took) it just was very subtle, much much less involving than a real full AMT experience and more functional but the afterglow kind of feeling it provided was qualitatively pretty similar to those on larger doses.
Also I must mention that I am pretty sensitive to AMT and that I have the odd tendency to get dreamy and fall asleep on it rather than getting stimulated (I never smoked it).

The afterglow / anti-depressant effect is just like this absolute relief a bit like what you can feel on the tail end of a mushroom trip. Not sure if others agree with me that those feelings are similar but IMO the feeling of joy just being alive especially if the mushroom trip was difficult, it is just incredible and very valuable.

I'm not sure at all about taking AMT on a regular basis, I don't think you would have to take it daily to maintain this effect (maybe every 3 days?)... but it doesn't seem like a good idea. Amphetamine and MDMA are not suited either to treat depression chronically (not including the acute therapeutic effects of an MDMA experience itself), and although AMT feels more reasonable and gentle it still seems much too good to be true. But to get out of a rut if you are stuck in one, yes perhaps it very well may be wonderful for it.

I think ol' Xorky had a run in with some AMT habituation and I think he would warn us about it.

Has anyone here tried low dose AMT as an antidepressant?

No but i've noticed that, for me anyway, low doses ( well 2mg - 5mg 'allergy tests' ) are enough to make my stomache gurgle and feel a tiny bit flushed and sweaty.
If you're wanting to self medicate there are probably more natural ways that are less suceptable to A - vendors making mistakes / ripping you off or B - a change in the law cutting off your supply.
just my 2cs

Actually I did try a few mg orally the first time I took it, to both test the waters for mislabeled chems or peculiar reactions and to indeed check if there was any merit to claims of anti-depressant effects...
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, it sounds like just what I'm looking for. I agree with you that its probably not something one should use as a daily treatment for depression, but something that can improve ones state every now and again. I used dexedrine for years to counteract drowsiness for years but it often made me dysphoric. I think I may have been ripped off by the vendor, I vaped about 10mg so far and no psychedelic effects so far. I feel pretty good and energetic though, don't know if thats a coincidence or not. The powder that I have is orange. Its insoluble in water, not very soluble in acetone and highly soluble in methanol.

EDIT: I think it is working actually, I feel euphoric and focussed. I took gabapentin earlier which improves my mood but that usually gives me brain fog and makes me unfocussed. Gonna try the AMT by itself tomorrow. So far so good. I'm probably losing smoke when I vape it on the tin foil, thats probably why ~15mg hasn't given me psychedelic effects.

Last edited:
Is AMT supposed to be really hard on the lungs? It stings when I inhale it and gives me asthma. Maybe this is due to the vapour being hot. I don't know what the BP of freebase AMT is but I've heard other people claim the smoke burns so it must be relatively high.

Copy from old archived OD thread from 2001:

vibr8tor said:
For people that have smoked this- I have a few questions. I smoked it last night, and first tried to do it using a glass test tube. The AMT melted very quickly and then smoked, but inhaling the smoke was just about impossible because as soon as I breathed even a tiny hit in it felt like my lungs closed up from the burn. I tried it many times, then tried a few times from a lightbulb, and the same thing happened. A friend of mine that smokes tried too, and the same thing happened- it was nauseating and really uncomfortable to breath the smoke in directly, and even though we melted around 10-20mg each, we couldn't feel much off it, probably because we couldn't take it in effectively.
Well, then about 20 minutes later, I put a tiny chunk of it in the end of a cigarette and after smoking that, I could feel it. I'm pretty sure I was feeling the AMT I smoked from the cig., cuz my friend didn't do that and the stuff he had smoked from the lightbulb never ended up hitting him. I was really speedy and happy for the night, but I guess I didn't take in enough to trip on it.
Well, my question is if you have smoked this, what method do you use? I'm going to do the cig. thing again next time, only with more, but I'm really curious if anyone has been able to lightbulb it effectively. (I'll never try that again; it was horrible)

TheTripDoctor said:
Ive done this a few times, and i have Freebased AMT instead of the salt, and ive never tried burning the salt but it might not be as effective, i always use my trusty Freebase pipe (good ole american crack pipe, lol) its not just a crack pipe its actually one of the kind with the glass ball on the end, has a hole in the top (small hole) and a long glass tube comin off the side, ill send you a pic if you IM me. anyhow AMT smells like old people, i dunnno why but indoles all smell like old people to me, maybe im crazy, maybe old people smell like INDOLE (which would be possible). It never hurts my lungs much, and i never even taste it really because i always have the taste of the bowl i smoked a few minutes earlier in my mouth. I have smoked up to 10mg in a single pipeload, never reloaded it, but then again i had swallowed 35mg a half hour before and 7 hits of liquid a few minutes before and i had had enough. I never felt like i couldnt hold it or anything, maybe its because im usng the freebase. anyhow try and get a real freebase pipe so you can make sure you inhale it all. Peace

MorningGlorySeed said:
All commercially available AMT is in a freebase form. None of the research chemical suppliers, except bioyouknowtherest, carry any salt forms.

TheTripDoctor said:
Any specific reason?

Euphony said:
I've smoked AMT out of a lightbulb before (20mg) and felt effects. Also smoked some AMT on weed before and felt effects. Actually, it is funny, like you were saying with the cigarette, but smoking it on the weed did give me more of a buzz (for the quantity smoked, at least). Smoking it from the lightbulb was *really* speedy, light psychedlic feel, quite a bit different than oral doses. Several of my friends tried 20 mg out of a lightbulb as well, and they barely felt effects as well. Basically just some tachardyia and headache for a few hours, but couldn't go to sleep for some time.

vibr8tor said:
Thanks for the responses. I don't know if mine is freebase or not (not sure what that means). It's kind of yellow-white in color, and it's a really sticky powder that chunks up and clings to whatever you use to scoop it out of the vial.
The next time I try it, I'm going to do it out of a bowl with weed or put more in a cigy.

MorningGlorySeed said:
Rest assured it is a freebase, but if you want to check, take a small amount and see if it disolves in water which should tell you.

I tried vaping aMT earlier - yuck!
Do people actually consider it a viable ROA?

It is a viable ROA, though my least favorite by far. Before vaping be sure your working with the freebase. An easy way to tell is to drop a small amount in water, if it dissolves its HCl, if it doesn't it's FB. Vaped aMT tastes like crap and provides a speedier, less euphoric, less visual trip IMO with a duration of about 8 or so hours give or take.

I've used the term "psychedelic speed" before to describe the effects of vaporized aMT and have seen others use the term as well, so it seems fitting. It's rather harsh on the lungs, but provides a buzz that may be more suitable to those looking to experience the speedy qualities of aMT without as much psychedelia (and IMO, the magic as well). I'd personally just stick to rectal or oral admin, perhaps IM if that's your thing but I know Shambles really loves vaped aMT, ymmv.

I tried it with aMT FB last night and was repatriated with what I called at the time: "the aMT body shell", y'all know that electric yet fluid feeling on high doses of this chem? Well this simply felt like full body static and none of the inner beauty that makes aMT such a glorious chemical.

EDIT: And yeah, the taste is awful.
Potency aside, I think I shall stick to oral, or maybe plugged or I.V. - Hmmmm.

Haha told ya, vaping seems to rip away all that's beautiful about this substance. Very electric and stimmy, no magic. Rectal is by far my favorite ROA, removes the bodyload and feels smoother in general. Strangely, the comeup still takes 3 hours to fully reach it's peak, for me anyways. All that seems to be affected is the drawn out comedown typically seen with oral dosing, along with an hour or two removed from the peak resulting in a 10-12 hour total duration. Be sure to add some vinegar to your solution to get the FB to dissolve before plugging if you choose this route, which I do recommend.

I tend to protonate my aMT with either HCl, Ethanoic acid or even Citric before ingestion anyway. Usually I overshoot and go for a completely bacteriocidal solution (pH based and preserved) anyway. I wouldn't want to shoot that up my rectum - pH 3 isn't too accommodating to mucousal membranes! Eugh, I'll neutralise later and may try the anal route - is BA markedly higher?

Tbh I always loved the duration of aMT, and the roller coaster feel of the first few hours - helps assure me I got a solid dose! ;)

Oh, and for the record: Hyoscine Butylbromide (Buscopan) completely eliminates the GI discomfort of any aMT dose. I suggest trying it.

Yeah, your most definitely gonna want to dilute that lol. Conversion to acetate never caused any signs of causticity as long as the acetic acid was kept to a minimum. In all honesty though, contrary to popular belief, even though the FB isn't water soluble it's still absorbed through the mucous membranes in both the rectum as well as the nostrils (yuck! and ouch!), but I always did the conversion anyways.

I too love the duration of oral ingestion, though I have peptic ulcers so I've been reluctant to use that ROA again, not to mention even ondansetron failed to prevent the massive heaving produced by oral aMT. This is just a side-effect I'm severely prone to, not to say even the worst comeup isn't worth the 18-20+ hours of sheer beauty that follows. Besides, the purge is reminiscent of the mescaline purge and only adds character to the substance.

Since I'm in the US and have no interest in aquiring any aMT illegally I'm afraid I won't be able to try it again, with or without buscopan :(. aMT is definitely in my top 3 favorite psychs though and one I have extensive experience with. Another funny thing about rectal aMT is that the dose is the same, if it's any more potent it would only be by perhaps 10% or so. I would go with about the same dose as oral, aMT is certainly quite friendly im it's dose response curve.

Last edited:
If it's simply a 10% difference then I may stick to oral. I'll plug it for novelties sake at some point, as I will I.V. it.

It's a shame you cannot source it freely, because, like you, I always expected and thoroughly received 'the purge', which was nothing compared to the frequent emesis experienced as an opiate fanatic/dependant. However, the Hyoscine (a Scopolamine analogue without the nastiness) completely eliminated any nausea!

Yeah It's a shame the BA isn't higher, but the purge aside the experience feels alot more clean and serene than oral so it's still definately worth a shot. Never IV'ed it but was very close to IM'ing several times. However, I ultimately decided against it as a micron filter was unavailable at the time and I just didn't trust the batch of aMT I was working with when the thought popped up, it looked rather degraded and reaked of skatole. I'll avoid an abcess at all costs :\.

If hyoscamine is just a scopoloamine analogue I'm not sure if that would've been strong enough to fully subdue the massive heaving I recieve from oral aMT, no substance has ever made me puke harder. I mean even a 5-ht3 antagonist didn't do the trick but I guess I'll never know. It's a real shame being that aMT is the psychedelic I have the most emotional attachment to by far... I'll always have a lifetime of redicoulous memories though, memories I'll never be able to forget.

Last edited:
It works wonders for me - I'm not even sure how it acts directly. I know it's a potent antispasmodic, so the agonising cramps are gone, plus all G.I. distress 'at both ends', so to speak.