• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amphetamine sulphate for studying

Berke0

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

im 19 years old and from the Uk.

(quick background)

im familiar with drugs, had a big infatuation with MDMA between November and March (took it about 10 times in that time). Did proper research and understood that mdma isn't sustainable and instead fixed my attentions on cocaine instead. So I'm relatively experienced with stimulants.

im currently sitting exams in hope to get in to university. The two subjects I'm doing are maths and economics.

for the past two months or so I have been taking Ritalin (methylphenidate). Whilst I don't have a prescription for this, my younger brother does, and my dad and I came to a compromise where I would be allowed to take them everyday in aid of my study.

They have been fairly effective for me and for the first time ever I've actually been able to study productively (I've always been a procrastinator). That being said I can never push myself to study in the evening, and with my best friend living nearby, we always end up hanging out and smoking a few bowls.

now, today I have run out of Ritalin and I feel as though my attitude towards work hasn't been very good and I feel extremely unmotivated. for example, when I answer a maths question wrong or don't understand it, it stresses me out and begin to get very angry and lose all motivation, rather than try and find the solution.

To combat this I've arranged to get hold of some Speed (amphetamine sulphate) as we call it here in the UK. Not to be confused with Meth which I know is the equivalent of 'Speed' over in the US.

Can anyone advise me on dosage? Effects? Your experiences? Come downs? Will it be useful for studying? If not, why?

please try and restrain from advising me not to take it. I will of course respect all advice and duly note it. However, remember I'm 19 and very impressionable. No matter what you say it's pretty likely I'll end up doing it anyway.

im not trying to come off sounding rude, it is just the reality of the situation.

thanks for taking the time to read. all responses welcome!!!

Even now, rather than studying I'm fascinated by taking speed and reading things about it

Ever consider changing what you study? :) I dont know about the dosing of European speed as you have. I understand it isnt always of very good quality but you cannot judge that by looks alone.

If you do get the dosing right it surely will help at least as good and probably better than Ritalin. You need to exhibit some self control as its each to keep dosing until you are a shaky mess. Other than MDMA, I dont have terrible comes downs with most stims. If anything, lack of sleep hurts more than the drug but YMMV. Eat, drink, sleep when everything is over.

Hi and welcome.

I have quite a bit of experience with EU speed.
Its purity is veeeery low, let's say I usually snort between half a gram to a gram (weight before drying) to feel decent effects.
Dunno about using it for study sessions, all I want to do when I'm on speed is to chain smoke cigs, run my mouth A LOT, dance or generally chill out, not doing complicated stuff.

The effects I experience at medium doses are obviously physical stimulation but at the same time I feel relaxed.
I feel energized, sociable etc. but not super spun or super focused.
This goes on for a few hours and the comedown isn't too terrible, but then again I always have some benzos and/or opiates on hand, personally I don't like doing stimulants without something for the comedown.

I can move this thread in Other Drugs if you want, just PM me :)

Ever consider changing what you study? :) I dont know about the dosing of European speed as you have. I understand it isnt always of very good quality but you cannot judge that by looks alone.

If you do get the dosing right it surely will help at least as good and probably better than Ritalin. You need to exhibit some self control as its each to keep dosing until you are a shaky mess. Other than MDMA, I dont have terrible comes downs with most stims. If anything, lack of sleep hurts more than the drug but YMMV. Eat, drink, sleep when everything is over.

hi and thanks for your response.

I've never considered changing what I study and and because I've persisted with these subjects for so long, I feel as though I wouldn't be better off.

truth be told I'm just lazy and easily distracted. Same problems would occur regardless of what I studied.

i will be weary of my dosage, I don't want to be tweaking in a public library ;)

last thing, what is YMMV?

Hi and welcome.

I have quite a bit of experience with EU speed.
Its purity is veeeery low, let's say I usually snort between half a gram to a gram (weight before drying) to feel decent effects.
Dunno about using it for study sessions, all I want to do when I'm on speed is to chain smoke cigs, run my mouth A LOT, dance or generally chill out, not doing complicated stuff.

The effects I experience at medium doses are obviously physical stimulation but at the same time I feel relaxed.
I feel energized, sociable etc. but not super spun or super focused.
This goes on for a few hours and the comedown isn't too terrible, but then again I always have some benzos and/or opiates on hand, personally I don't like doing stimulants without something for the comedown.

I can move this thread in Other Drugs if you want, just PM me :)

Hello, thanks.

Believe me all the things you've mentioned is similar to what id dabble in on stimulants too! Usually coke in my case however.

Im just looking for something that will give me an edge, and a better feeling of accomplishment and reward. A proper urge to WANT to study and do well. I wanna be able to drive my arse to the library at 10pm and study til it's light.

Simply put I'm not really an academic, but I've always done ok in exams with minimal work so I've gone down this academic path. but now the content is more difficult, and I'm not an able enough student to get by without working hard like some others are.

and yes if you wouldn't mind moving this thread to wherever you think the most people would see it, I'd be grateful .

Your milage may vary. Comedowns happen I just dont find them so bad but use mostly pharmaceuticals (impurities in street drugs may worsen) and tend to re-dose frequently rather than go for one big dose. That may be why but may also not be typical.

Hello, thanks.

Believe me all the things you've mentioned is similar to what id dabble in on stimulants too! Usually coke in my case however.

Im just looking for something that will give me an edge, and a better feeling of accomplishment and reward. A proper urge to WANT to study and do well. I wanna be able to drive my arse to the library at 10pm and study til it's light.

Simply put I'm not really an academic, but I've always done ok in exams with minimal work so I've gone down this academic path. but now the content is more difficult, and I'm not an able enough student to get by without working hard like some others are.

and yes if you wouldn't mind moving this thread to wherever you think the most people would see it, I'd be grateful .
NMI -----> OD

Idk I would look into some stim RCs, speed paste doesn't sound too good for studying..
You also don't want to get into taking stims every day for years on end, that's no good.

How many successful students do you know who rely on amphetamines every day in order to study?

I don't know any. Sure some may take an Adderall tablet or something before a big test, but EVERY DAY? Just practice study skills & don't rely on drugs so much...

My friend just got his major in Bio Chemistry and Physical Biological Chemistry and he took 60mg vyvanse 4 days a week at least, or 30mg adderall. Plus 2mg-6mg xanax at night for the come down, but he always got all A's and B's so there are a lot of students who rely on amphetamines for grades. He always said he couldn't do the work without them.

I used to snort meth in my college's library when I had to write a paper or study for a mathematics exam/homework. It "worked" but it's nothing I'd recommend doing...

Whenever someone tells me that they "need" a chemical impetus just to crack a goddamn book, I always look at such claims with great skepticism

How many successful students do you know who rely on amphetamines every day in order to study?

I don't know any. Sure some may take an Adderall tablet or something before a big test, but EVERY DAY? Just practice study skills & don't rely on drugs so much...

I have ADD

I used to snort meth in my college's library when I had to write a paper or study for a mathematics exam/homework. It "worked" but it's nothing I'd recommend doing...

Whenever someone tells me that they "need" a chemical impetus just to crack a goddamn book, I always look at such claims with great skepticism

I'm not relying on a chemical to learn anything.

Rather using a chemical to manage a vast workload for 2-3 weeks.

how was your experience doing maths whilst on a stimulant ?

Like I said, it was effective at giving me "hyperfocus" and I got really, really into even the most boring papers and citation work...and math homework...but I'd also use methamphetamine OUTSIDE of an academic environment, and that ultimately led to bad things.

d-methamphetamine isn't the best "study drug", though...it's too strong and "hedonistic" IMO. Adderall or Dexedrine (hell, probably even propylhexedrine) are better. I have no idea what amphetamine sulphate is like. Think that's a European thing.

Like I said, it was effective at giving me "hyperfocus" and I got really, really into even the most boring papers and citation work...and math homework...but I'd also use methamphetamine OUTSIDE of an academic environment, and that ultimately led to bad things.

d-methamphetamine isn't the best "study drug", though...it's too strong and "hedonistic" IMO. Adderall or Dexedrine (hell, probably even propylhexedrine) are better. I have no idea what amphetamine sulphate is like. Think that's a European thing.

That's the kind of effects I am looking for!

and yes u are correct it is European. I believe the way in which it is metabolizes is similar to that of adderall. I'm not 100% sure on this but I know it's closer to adderall than say Ritalin.

Bump of Dexedrine

That's the kind of effects I am looking for!

and yes u are correct it is European. I believe the way in which it is metabolizes is similar to that of adderall. I'm not 100% sure on this but I know it's closer to adderall than say Ritalin.

Acually the effects of ampetamine especially d-amphetamine aren't hedonistic at all as long as the dose is kept low enough , the problem with street amphetamine (ie racemix amphetamine sulphate in europe ) ie eurospeed is that you will usua;lly get a relatively high quatity for a very low price this makes it very hard to dose responsibly as a consequence unwanted side-effects ie euphoria or mania tend to come out at higher doses (anything above 20 mg d-amp or 20 mg ritalin imo tends to give a high and doesn't work this is why dexedrine tablets at 5 mg are perfect study aids they are too lowly dosed and thus too expenisve to get high on , italin of course is cheaper but it's effects is less constant and balanced tey are more prone to abuse)

Again I don't like ritalin it's a diry coke-like high , for some even cocaine is a good study aid but for me it gives to much phyisical rush which always feels a litle toxic same with ritalin which feels even dirtier than coke. It tends to cause vascular shutdown in my extremities wich will change colour to blue grey and I don't like te way it affects my heartbeat either.

On topic = Adderal and street speed are close but they are both racemic compounds for the studying it's the D-isomer you want; for some reason the american pharmaceutical compound known as Adderal does contain Leveo-amphetamine(possible synergy with the Dextro-isomer , MAO-inhibitative action etc) which is not centrally active the way it's optical isomer Dextro-amphetamine is. There is also Focalin in the states which is Dex-Methyl Phenidate , I bet it gives a more clean feeling and it's probably almost indistinguishable from oral racemic speed when used in low doses as a study aid.

Last edited:
Acually the effects of ampetamine especially d-amphetamine aren't hedonistic at all as long as the dose is kept low enough , the problem with street amphetamine (ie racemix amphetamine sulphate in europe ) ie eurospeed is that you will usua;lly get a relatively high quatity for a very low price this makes it very hard to dose responsibly as a consequence unwanted side-effects ie euphoria or mania tend to come out at higher doses (anything above 20 mg d-amp or 20 mg ritalin imo tends to give a high and doesn't work this is why dexedrine tablets at 5 mg are perfect study aids they are too lowly dosed and thus too expenisve to get high on , italin of course is cheaper but it's effects is less constant and balanced tey are more prone to abuse)

Again I don't like ritalin it's a diry coke-like high , for some even cocaine is a good study aid but for me it gives to much phyisical rush which always feels a litle toxic same with ritalin which feels even dirtier than coke. It tends to cause vascular shutdown in my extremities wich will change colour to blue grey and I don't like te way it affects my heartbeat either.

On topic = Adderal and street speed are close but they are both racemic compounds for the studying it's the D-isomer you want; for some reason the american pharmaceutical compound known as Adderal does contain Leveo-amphetamine(possible synergy with the Dextro-isomer , MAO-inhibitative action etc) which is not centrally active the way it's optical isomer Dextro-amphetamine is. There is also Focalin in the states which is Dex-Methyl Phenidate , I bet it gives a more clean feeling and it's probably almost indistinguishable from oral racemic speed when used in low doses as a study aid.

Very interesting your take on Ritalin. I get almost no recreational effects from it, rather effects that I feel subconsciously. That being said I've built a tolerance to Ritalin to the extent where I don't even get heart palpitations.

how would you advise on the dosage then of speed?

and when on speed, if u do intense exercise, will it make you rush?