• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Amphetamine / Speed - Quality and Regional Info

Before it used to be around 50-65% pure, of which 5-30% was meth. Nowadays it's sometimes almost all meth - 20-30% meth and the rest cuts.

Where in NL is this? And how recent? In Amsterdam I've never had methamphetamine on the test results for my regular "speed"..

More nice stuff at the moment but completely different, white colored batch this time less gritty bit harder to rack lines out with. Not as potent but still good quality, more of that typical chemical'y/cat piss smell thats on a lot of street speed but potent, and dried out already. Been awake since Thursday morning. Will probably try and clonaz out if the speed lets me and get some sleep for a weekend repetition. Love this stuff, just not all the time.

I'd be livid if I were sold meth as "speed" here.

With the much stronger serotonin effect (and pupil dilation) plus the much longer duration, it'd be quite obvious if it were meth instead of regular amp.

I'd be livid if I were sold meth as "speed" here.

With the much stronger serotonin effect (and pupil dilation) plus the much longer duration, it'd be quite obvious if it were meth instead of regular amp.

It is very obvious. It was clear to me from the get-go but locals were a bit surprised at my reaction, asking "Huh? It's speed, dude, that's what speed does".

I really don't like it here, and when I come across plain old amphetamine I do a little dance. The long duration, the strength of the subjective "high" (which makes it unsuitable for productive intellectual pursuits, such as studying), the intense crash, the side effects and pupil dilation really annoy me. As a result I use speed a lot less than I would otherwise, which is probably a good thing.

It's rarely meth-meth, it's just speed which has been spiked with a considerable, active amount of (racemic) meth and other cuts.

About 10% if that, weakest gear ever. Could just take loads and loads to get you rushing, it's so weak I was able to sleep on it.

- England

Last edited:
It is very obvious. It was clear to me from the get-go but locals were a bit surprised at my reaction, asking "Huh? It's speed, dude, that's what speed does".

I really don't like it here, and when I come across plain old amphetamine I do a little dance. The long duration, the strength of the subjective "high" (which makes it unsuitable for productive intellectual pursuits, such as studying), the intense crash, the side effects and pupil dilation really annoy me. As a result I use speed a lot less than I would otherwise, which is probably a good thing.

It's rarely meth-meth, it's just speed which has been spiked with a considerable, active amount of (racemic) meth and other cuts.

I brought a sample of recently-purchased "speed" to the test lab in Amsterdam last week. They will have to wait a few weeks for the test results (because they were extraordinarily busy), but they could tell me that it is NOT common to find methamphetamine in regular speed, although they do find amounts of 4-MAA now and then.

Psychonauticunt, you're saying that it was "very obvious" and "clear from the get-go" to you that it was methamphetamine and not regular amphetamine, but did you actually get it tested? You mention percentages, are they just estimates of yours? Why are you sure that it is methamphetamine and not an other (similar) longer-acting sertonergic stimulant?

I'm surprised because I expected to get more info when I asked about this issue at one of the country's largest test centers, but they couldn't verify any of it...

Last edited:
Took some amphetamines on Friday Enjoyed it. Can't really make a judgement on the quality as i was on a multitude of other Drugs at the time .

I was given it by a traveler friend . First time i have had a bit of Billy in fukin years .

I have been getting euro style speed (paste, powder) here in the USA for a couple of weeks. Pretty impressed, it comes sort of wet-ish (from the NL) and about 1/2 gram bombed keeps me up all night. I have a huge tolerance, and while its not as good as meth. its cheap as fuck.

A lot of nice base over here, it's nice to see as its a good pick ya up during a night out with drink

Got some decent enough stuff yesterday, even though I'd been up all night before still sailed through Sat/Sun morning. Was nice white paste, to be honest not as strong a chemical smell as I've found in other batches. It was a bit wet and since I was out partying had to bomb it, finally got to try it dried it in the early hours and it seems nice enough. Just loosing a few g though compared to the previous dry batches I was getting. Clumped together in small amounts but easily separated it plastic card, only have dried stuff now so don't think photo would be much use or ever is with the paste.

got some decent enough stuff yesterday, even though i'd been up all night before still sailed through sat/sun morning. Was nice white paste, to be honest not as strong a chemical smell as i've found in other batches. It was a bit wet and since i was out partying had to bomb it, finally got to try it dried it in the early hours and it seems nice enough. Just loosing a few g though compared to the previous dry batches i was getting. Clumped together in small amounts but easily separated it plastic card, only have dried stuff now so don't think photo would be much use or ever is with the paste.

up for 3 days mate

Some nice stuff here, came in paste but was dried out by the time I'd tried it, suffering a touch today tho, body feels damaged

Some nice stuff here, came in paste but was dried out by the time I'd tried it, suffering a touch today tho, body feels damaged

Hear you matey, got somevery strong looking/smelling paste this morning. It's orange in colour dries out to a more yellowys shade. Reeks.

Only ordered half a g with some remaininbg coins f which came to about £7 for a half g which I'd say is sightly over. Said to be 75% accoirding to vendor.

I've bombed 50mg or so and sniffed a line so we will see. Might upload a high res piclater using phone atm so excuse typos.

This is paste/base its sold as does anyone know if its actually worth drying and sniffing or am I better to just bomb? I am fully aware this is strong amphet and should be prepared to be awake til tomorrow at least until some vallies arrive :D

Just managed 3hrs up on 3rd story scaffolding carrying roofing tiles after that morning doses. Almost felt like the hulk I had so much energy. Had a line when I came back in and my whole heads tingling. I thought the speed locally fro EU migrants was good but its not even half this, can see me being awake drinking for a few days yet :)

We are going back years ago now, but I remember getting hold of this browny yellow paste like substance that was referred to as 'base' back in early 2002. The buzz was unreal and I was up for an entire two days, although the pure buzz probably stopped after about 10 hours.

I used to love pulling birds whilst on pills, but I remember thinking there was no need to go on the pull when I was on that speed because the only person I was in love with at that moment in time was myself. That shit was strong as fuck! I must have spoken to every single person in the nightclub.... twice! I have never experienced such confidence and such euphoria before or since. The coke buzz is absolutely wank compared to that shit.

I'd love to do something like that again, but I can experience palpitations when I am sober these days, so amphetamines are pretty much off the agenda nowadays. I always think about giving crack or methamphetamine a go, but I probably never will, which is probably a good thing.

So ... Done about 150mg of that supposed 75-80% stuff today, it sure on what the doses with 100% pure amphetamine would be but about 30mg lines once you dry it out have had me dancing about and a bit of jaw swing

1ll8.jpg

Actually forgot how much I love the odd binge on speed. Gave mate 1 40-50mg ish line and he nearly spewed due to the taste. Obviously it's good for you then. Lovely

Research online the other day led to me finding this

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-197113.html

So it seems the whole drying your speed looses potency thing isn't true. Your just evaporating solvents which are technically worse for you too. I noticed the last bit I had when I had say 40mg left on a plate that had been there a day or 2 it gave me a really clean happy buzz with no comedown from it.

Extract from that post
Sometimes amphetamines are sold as a pasty or waxy substance. There are a few reasons this can happen; a common misconception is that pasty or damp amphetamine samples are 'stronger' than dry powder. Damp of pasty speed can result from leaving it out in the open, especially in a moisture rich environment, because certain chemicals absorb water from the air (explained below). Moreover, if all of the freebase is not properly reacted when converting to salt, the oil will cling to the crystals causing them to stick together in waxy clumps. Neither of these things makes the end-product any more potent than the dry salt (although freebase is more potent by weight than the salt form).

Chemically speaking, amphetamines are generally either a freebase or a salt. The term 'freebase' is widely misused in regards to amphetamines; used correctly, freebase refers to the drug in its natural (pure) form. Since amphetamines are amines, and amines are bases, the pure form is called the freebase because it is the base free of any other functional groups. Freebases tend to be oily liquids at room temperature and pressure, and are often quite volatile (i.e., they evaporate easily). As a consequence, the freebase form is generally preferable for smoking; however, freebase oils are also more difficult to store and measuring accurate doses can be problematic. For this reason the freebase is almost always converted to a salt.

The salt form is more common on the street, and is made by performing an acid/base extraction of the freebase, where the type of salt produced depends on the acid used. With most drugs, hydrochloric acid (HCl) is used, which produces HCl salt. However in the case of amphetamines, the HCl salt is not particularly suitable because it absorbs moisture from the air quickly (i.e., amphetamine HCl is 'hygroscopic'). For this reason the sulphate salt is preferable to the hydrochloride salt; as a consequence, most 'street speed' is amphetamine sulphate. In the case of methamphetamine, the HCl salt is far more common, because it forms better crystals and the sulphate is not suitable for smoking.

Also the bit about purifying could be handy if people are interested in cleaning up their stuff or just to see what sort of % quality your really getting

19. HOW CAN I PURIFY MY SPEED?

There are a few different methods for purifying amphetamine, but one of the simplest and best ways to do this is with a dual solvent re-crystallisation. If you plan to do this however, be prepared for a LARGE reduction in volume. Keep in mind however the stuff you separate out isn't really any good to you anyway. Consider the fact that most street speed is less than 15% pure, which means the gram you just bought has about less than 150mg of active content. If done extremely carefully you won't lose much of the actual speed.

Re-crystallisation is based on the different saturation levels of hot and cold solvent. A saturated solution is one which has the maximum amount of solute dissolved in it. The saturation level of any given solvent rises and falls with the temperature. Put simply, when a solvent is heated it can dissolve a larger volume of solute, and as it cools and the saturation level drops, excess solute will form into crystals and sink to the bottom.

A simple purification can be done using a single solvent. Add hot solvent to the amphetamine in small amounts until it is all dissolved. Anything that will not dissolve is adulterant and should be filtered out using coffee filters or filter paper (mositen filters first to prevent them soaking up solution). Next, allow the solution to cool slowly to room temperature, then place it in the fridge and allow it to cool further. Once it has cooled in the fridge filter the crystals out and allow them to dry.

It is worth noting that some adulterant may also be soluble and form its own crystals in the process, so what you have at the end may not necessarily be pure amphetamine. This is why a dual solvent re-crystallisation is preferred.

A dual solvent re-crystallisation works by using a second solvent to dissolve many of the impurities, but that the drug itself is not soluble in. The second solvent also acts as a cleaning agent for the new crystals being formed.

In the case of amphetamines the 2 best liquids to use are acetone and alcohol. Acetone is a component of paint thinner (and nail polish remover) and can be bought from hardware stores or art supply stores. Alcohol can be obtained from hardware stores or liquor stores. Acetone is used as the 'mother' liquid, amphetamine is insoluble in acetone but most of the crap used to cut it is.

So the procedure: Put your speed into a flask, beaker or some other container you can heat on a stove (note: use a stove without a naked flame, as these volatile organic chemicals produce explosive vapours). Pour acetone into the container so that the speed is completely submerged in it with a centimetre or 2 of excess liquid and swish it around to dissolve any soluble impurities. Next gently heat the acetone until it boils, and then take it off the heat. Now slowly add (with an eyedropper or pipette) just enough alcohol for all the speed to dissolve - stirring gently until the speed dissolves. If you add too much alcohol you won't get as high a yield as possible so don't add too much. Anything that doesn't dissolve is adulterant and should be separated out by filtration: use 2 coffee filters in a funnel to filter the solution, then cover it so a little air can escape and leave to cool to room temperature. Once it has cooled down you should notice crystals starting to form. Put the container in the fridge, and then the freezer to encourage more crystals to form (i.e., increasing the yield). The slower the solution cools, the larger the dry crystals will be. Once the solution has been freezer cooled, filter the crystals out with some coffee filters, then wash the filtered out solid in the funnel with a few drops of alcohol and allow to dry. Voila, you have pure speed. Save the acetone, it can be reused.