• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Americans fucking suck

Anyone that is into quantum computing isn't someone to trust. That D:Wave system is nothing but corrupt & shady as hell.

haha no worries fubz you know its not personal!!

brilliant zop the americans getting defensive in this thread will be relieved to see an example of english stupidity. firstly, a phd is an academic qualification that is earned by a university, d wave is a private company so a phd in quantum computing in no way suggests an affiliation to that company.

in fact d wave was a running joke in my office during my phd. 'we've got a quantum computer but no one can see it!' lol that'd not how you do science. it took a long time for them to even obtain experimental verification of quantum effects in their machine, and even then they could not with certainty prove that the quantum effects produced an algorithmic speedup.

reducing the entire field of quantum computing to one shitty company is nuts. they aren't even representative of even 0.00001% of the field. their machine does simulated annealing, which can only solve certain types of problems. so its not a universal quantum computer, its a bit like comparing a really fancy thermostat to a supercomputer. secondly, due to the number of links they require between qubits and something called the monogamy of entanglement, it is unlikely to be possible to scale up a d wave architecture to do something useful. even if you did scale up the architecture, it still couldn't compute everything possible, because it will just do bigger simulated annealing, you'd increase the complexity of problems that can be solved but won't change the fundamental computability.

so, most quantum information theorists are working either in very theoretical computer science, as i did, basically coming up with algorithms to run should we ever build a fucking decent quantum computer. or they are working experimentally on architectures that aren't fundamentally flawed, i.e. not d wave.

until i cut my life expectancy by quite a lot i expected to see a scientific revolution on the back of quantum computing. medical science is getting to the point where quantum mechanical effects need to be taken into account but classical computers cannot deal with these efficiently. two examples that come to mind are drug discovery- whether a drug binds to a receptor is an entropy calculation, which is inherently quantum mechanical. also, cancer targeting, cancer cells have different energy landscapes to healthy cells, and quantum computers would help us isolate these for targeted chemotherapy.

so, if you don't want to trust revolutionary drugs (for medicine, not recreational) and state of the art cancer therapy cos its built by quantum information theorists, go ahead. also good luck keeping your bank details secure if you're not going to trust quantum cryptography protocols when we take down RSA.

don't you realise that the vast majority of scientists in any field are accepting shit pay, poor working conditions and tenuous job security when they could walk into a better job any day cos they want to help people?

With that attitude that phd wont stop you from feeling the back of my hand round your face I know that much.

if americans suck where does that leave the rest of ya'll dregs?
we the best from all over the world, assholes.
haha
fuckin' think about it.
just cause you left behind dosn't mean you have to act out.
hehehehe
at work but wll revisit anon.
fu*#ing wannabes

^ The USA is like an annoying little brother who is growing up to be bigger, better looking and more successful.

Enjoy it while you can, for one day, you will learn the meaning of humility... ;)

^ this i know.
waiting on it always and it wont effect me.
for now, though... eat it. lol
see ya when haiti or somalia takes over the world.

...Yeah...And they call us "Euro trash" SMH.

Yes...that's all I hear here on the streets in the USA..."euro trash!" ..."dirty euro scum!!"..."grrrrrr!!"

We fuckin HATE euro TRASH here!

Yes...that's all I hear here on the streets in the USA..."euro trash!" ..."dirty euro scum!!"..."grrrrrr!!"

We fuckin HATE euro TRASH here!
Yeah i know that. Also nice sarcasm ;).

Also nice H3H3 avatar...Papa bless...

Last edited:
I made a mistake i meant Armenians not Americans. Those guys are dicks fuck them

God bless america

And fuck Armenia