• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I the only one who rations their doses to save money and avoid withdrawal?

I suppose there will be a protocol at some point, but only if heroin gets here. That won't happen, cocaine and marijuana here are the big deal. There is no interest on the part of drug traffickers to sell heroin in Argentina, which is good if you think about it. I obtain my drugs in another way, I am being investigated by anti-narcotics for this reason, since they want to know my source. But wow, they're so stupid hahahaha

Everyone does. You have to either stay right. Or use it all up and get clean. How many times I did my dope up and said I am quitting tomorrow only to regret it. Also so many times saved for morning.

The problem is the longer you wait, the harder it will be. And no life to be hooked on opiates 24/7.

I’ve been on Sub for going on 10 years. Everytime i try to cut down-I give in. It’s because my doc gives me 24 mgs 3x daily. However, there was no way I’d be alive if I stayed on painkillers. The Army gave me a medical discharge after 16 years of service-but I was discharged with an Oxy habit. I’m 66 now. I’m not sure my beat up body can handle withdrawal. Remember Jerry Garcia? The lowest I got was 4 mg per day-and got sick. They say u don’t withdraw for several days-I think that’s BS. Any thoughts?

I’ve been on Sub for going on 10 years. Everytime i try to cut down-I give in. It’s because my doc gives me 24 mgs 3x daily. However, there was no way I’d be alive if I stayed on painkillers. The Army gave me a medical discharge after 16 years of service-but I was discharged with an Oxy habit. I’m 66 now. I’m not sure my beat up body can handle withdrawal. Remember Jerry Garcia? The lowest I got was 4 mg per day-and got sick. They say u don’t withdraw for several days-I think that’s BS. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry if I read incorrectly... did you type that your doctor has you on 24 milligrams of suboxone three times daily? Or 24 milligrams in total--just dosed 3 times daily until the 24 milligrams is achieved? Nobody should be on 72 milligrams of suboxone/subutex daily.. that seems counterproductive and insane! Suboxone is incredible for blasting horrible opiate withdrawals away in the short term. However, remaining on suboxone for an extended period of time makes the withdrawals from subs themselves unbearable. Not only do subs have a surprisingly high morphine equivalent, but the duration of its effects are notoriously long lasting. The best you can do is to bite the bullet and taper down to the next slightly lower dose. You will experience depression and some sickness (which is inevitable), but your body adjusts to it faster than one would think. I can't achieve climax on suboxone. I've never heard of other men complaining about this--only when discussing other opiates--but subs make sexual intercourse very difficult for me lol. That's one reason I'd not want to be on them for more than 2-3 weeks at most personally.

I'm sorry if I read incorrectly... did you type that your doctor has you on 24 milligrams of suboxone three times daily? Or 24 milligrams in total--just dosed 3 times daily until the 24 milligrams is achieved? Nobody should be on 72 milligrams of suboxone/subutex daily.. that seems counterproductive and insane! Suboxone is incredible for blasting horrible opiate withdrawals away in the short term. However, remaining on suboxone for an extended period of time makes the withdrawals from subs themselves unbearable. Not only do subs have a surprisingly high morphine equivalent, but the duration of its effects are notoriously long lasting. The best you can do is to bite the bullet and taper down to the next slightly lower dose. You will experience depression and some sickness (which is inevitable), but your body adjusts to it faster than one would think. I can't achieve climax on suboxone. I've never heard of other men complaining about this--only when discussing other opiates--but subs make sexual intercourse very difficult for me lol. That's one reason I'd not want to be on them for more than 2-3 weeks at most personally.
Sorry. I take 8 mg 3x daily. 8mg 2x daily works. But if I go 8 mg and 4mg daily I don’t sleep. Added to that, I take 2 mg of Klonopin 3x daily for seizures. The VA tried everything-Keppra, Dilantin, Valpuric Acid, etc. Nothing worked except the benzos. I got screwed up in combat-TBI, Coma for 9 weeks. I honestly can’t see getting off either Sub or Klonopin-the withdrawal from the K’s would kill me. 15 years on them. I don’t feel any effects from either drug-but I do when I try to lower the intake. Last time I had a seizure-taking 4 mg of K for 3 days. I wanna thank the Military Industrial complex for screwing up my “Golden Years” I was near death in Vietnam, now I wear “Vietnam Veteran” hats made there. Go figure.

Sorry. I take 8 mg 3x daily. 8mg 2x daily works. But if I go 8 mg and 4mg daily I don’t sleep. Added to that, I take 2 mg of Klonopin 3x daily for seizures. The VA tried everything-Keppra, Dilantin, Valpuric Acid, etc. Nothing worked except the benzos. I got screwed up in combat-TBI, Coma for 9 weeks. I honestly can’t see getting off either Sub or Klonopin-the withdrawal from the K’s would kill me. 15 years on them. I don’t feel any effects from either drug-but I do when I try to lower the intake. Last time I had a seizure-taking 4 mg of K for 3 days. I wanna thank the Military Industrial complex for screwing up my “Golden Years” I was near death in Vietnam, now I wear “Vietnam Veteran” hats made there. Go figure.

Well thanks for your service because a lot of veterans get the shaft when they return here in this country. Yeah... I see no benefit to getting off the benzos and it will only result in dangerous scenarios.

I'm not sure if you're comfortable with your suboxone doses or not. If you have no negative side effects then there's no point to lowering your sub intake. If you did want to lower it though, the only side effect of a lowered dose would be depression. It would be very prominent, but you wouldn't notice sickness in my opinion. Higher doses of suboxone do give me some sort of "brain fog" that is common among opiates. I only noticed when I stopped taking any opiates at all that I felt much sharper and my memory was much better. Also for some reason being on suboxone for a long period of time gives me some form of opiate-enduced rage. I notice myself grouchy for no reason the longer I stay on it.