• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am I In Benzo WD??

Dr.Tre

Greenlighter
im writing to here since i havent find any sooner xan/benzo threads and dont want open new lol. Swim took last two month nearly around 90mg of xanax, don't remember the doses n shit just poppin all the way when i decided. I know I know it was a bad decision but right now i think im in severe withdraval symptoms havent slept for 3 days now and. sometimes i feel kinda ok but sometimes the paranoia, the frozen hands come back and i feel like i'll die in any second.... How long will this switching these states last? I'm taking valerian root capsules and some ibuprofen. Thanks for ur answer!

Hey there, yes you almost certainly are in withdrawal after taking it for so long :(

I'm going to move your thread over to Sober Living, where I think you may get some more immediate feedback about how to cope with what you're going through. At least, by the sounds of it, you've not had any seizures which is good news.

Take care!
CFC

im writing to here since i havent find any sooner xan/benzo threads and dont want open new lol. Swim took last two month nearly around 90mg of xanax, don't remember the doses n shit just poppin all the way when i decided. I know I know it was a bad decision but right now i think im in severe withdraval symptoms havent slept for 3 days now and. sometimes i feel kinda ok but sometimes the paranoia, the frozen hands come back and i feel like i'll die in any second.... How long will this switching these states last? I'm taking valerian root capsules and some ibuprofen. Thanks for ur answer!
1. We don't SWIM around here. We all know it's you so you're not fooling anyone.
2. The safest thing to do is see a doctor and get put on a taper with a longer lasting benzo such as chlordiazepoxide (Librium) or diazepam.

Usually we send the guys who are coming off of benzos to the local hospital or a medical-detox facility when the individual is detoxing from benzos. It is very dangerous to just cold turkey, i suggest taking with a health-care professional or just admiting yourself into a hospital.

So you took 90mg or so of alprazolam over the course of two months? Coming off that shouldn't be too dangerous unless you have pre-existing health issues, but it definitely sounds like you are experiencing some rebound anxiety/insomnia/withdrawal.

Please let folks you're with know what you're doing, so they know what is going on if you have a seizure. There isn't a safe way to come off benzos without either tapering of doing a medical detox, so please be careful. If you haven't been using them too long it shouldn't be as much of an issue, but it's obviously something to be careful about.

No chance you can get some medical support, whether working with a psych to help you with meds or getting some other kind of professional help coming off benzos OP?