• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Alcohol really is the strongest drug

TDO90

Bluelighter
Isn't funny how alcohol makes everything disappear? All of your worries, healthy issues, bad luck, everything just floats away. I mean opiates make you happy and stimulants make you feel like anything is possible but alcohol just makes everything okay. Anyone else feel the same?

Alcohol is actually one of the least potent drugs known to man. When you get high on alcohol you're consuming massive amounts, dozens of grams - ounces at a time. It's actually kinda weak relative to every other drug.

I mean yeah I can appreciate alcohol man, but I also hate it and it's killing me.

It's one of the worst drugs out there tbh :/

but it certainly makes you forget about your problems for a few hours... used responsibly it's better as a social tool rather than a drug to get high on (in my experienced opinion).

Alcohol is actually one of the least potent drugs known to man. When you get high on alcohol you're consuming massive amounts, dozens of grams - ounces at a time. It's actually kinda weak relative to every other drug.

I mean yeah I can appreciate alcohol man, but I also hate it and it's killing me.

It's one of the worst drugs out there tbh :/

but it certainly makes you forget about your problems for a few hours... used responsibly it's better as a social tool rather than a drug to get high on (in my experienced opinion).
How do you feel about Tramadol? The world is just better on it.,

How do you feel about Tramadol? The world is just better on it.,
I've never tried tramadol actually. Probably the only opioid I've never tried.

I damn love kratom, though. I don't do anything else been off heroin a while.

Kratom is probably closer to tramadol than traditional opiates, but I wouldn't know.

I've never tried tramadol actually. Probably the only opioid I've never tried.

I damn love kratom, though. I don't do anything else been off heroin a while.

Kratom is probably closer to tramadol than traditional opiates, but I wouldn't know.
Kratom was perfect till it stopped working. Tramadol was the only thing that showed me that I can actually be happy.

Kratom was perfect till it stopped working. Tramadol was the only thing that showed me that I can actually be happy.
Yeah it kinda scares me with it's serotonergic effects, danger potential and insane withdrawals.

I probably couldn't even take it as my serotonergic system is damaged from other drugs.

drug use made me see how awful alcohol really is. high is ok, but too short lasting, some serious side effects and the comedown is the harshest of most drugs i have tried..

it upsets me because my mates think alochol is safe because its legal... no seriously!!!

a chemical/ drug is just that. your perception which is changed on that drug is unique to you, no one can tell you what works and doesnt imo.

i never seen the appeal in drugs like opiates/ alcohol. too much side effects that make dosing regularly a pain

drug use made me see how awful alcohol really is.
Me too, I actually did 3 drugs - cannabis, morphine, DXM - before I ever tried alcohol. I thought alcohol was complete shit my whole life tbh, until I was about 23 got off heroin the 2nd time and turned to alcohol and it grew on me (addiction wise)

it upsets me because my mates think alochol is safe because its legal... no seriously!!!
Yeah... I've known some alcoholics that are still in denial about it simply because it's legal and you can buy it at the grocery store.

drug use made me see how awful alcohol really is. high is ok, but too short lasting, some serious side effects and the comedown is the harshest of most drugs i have tried..

a chemical/ drug is just that. your perception which is changed on that drug is unique to you, no one can tell you what works and doesnt imo.

i never seen the appeal in drugs like opiates/ alcohol. too much side effects that make dosing regularly a pain
Oh, the comedown is horrible. Just as bad as the comedown from opioids :(

Isn't funny how alcohol makes everything disappear? All of your worries, healthy issues, bad luck, everything just floats away. I mean opiates make you happy and stimulants make you feel like anything is possible but alcohol just makes everything okay. Anyone else feel the same?
The most prominent effect seems to be right that; it makes sorrow disappear. Is available everywhere anytime.

Drug-wise its effects are in no relation to the harm and addictive nature. The most addicting and least rewarding drug ime, that will indeed make you forget about the shit you are in. Temperately!

you’ve never got what I call a opiate “hangover”? For a little while after it wears off, you don’t feel extraordinarily sad?

you’ve never got what I call a opiate “hangover”? For a little while after it wears off, you don’t feel extraordinarily sad?
I've been confused over this too. If it were all physical then who would bother? If you're happy on opiates you'll be sad by comparrison later, isn't that a "comedown"?
What goes up must come down?

Tbh ive not got into opiates much but i found i felt very flat afterwards once they wore off.

Never a hangover on them but i get too bad side effects like constipation to keep dosing regularly. Btw what is the actual goings on with opiates and constipation?

Why is it exclusive to opiates?

Never a hangover on them but i get too bad side effects like constipation to keep dosing regularly. Btw what is the actual goings on with opiates and constipation?

Why is it exclusive to opiates?
Opiates slow down the motility of the gut - meaning it slows down the whole process from the time that you swallow food, ’till the time it’s being, uhhhh, processed right on out the other end. It slows down the the muscles responsible for that action contract and relax to push it through.

It‘s actually not exclusive in that regard. Even habitual use of a lot of stimulants will result in constipation. While at first stims will make you go, after a day or two it’ll slow everything down because it’s keeping those muscles constantly clenched. One will notice it does the same thing with urination - everything is clamped down tight lol

I have to agree, alcohol is one of the worst. After a night of over consumption I wake up with terrible rebound anxiety and the beginnings of physical withdrawl. Thats what a “hangover“ is - with some dehydration thrown in for good measure.

On that note…

Cheers! 🍻 🥂

I kind of disagree, IME alcohol isn't particularly effective at making bad things disappear. If I wanted to use it for that purpose I'd have to drink too much (which makes for a dirty high), and even then, it would often put me in a melancholic mood instead of making me feel better.

There are other drugs which actually make you feel pretty good and motivated, no matter what (with exceptions), even at low doses.

Opiates for me don't have any negative side effects at all until you become addicted, which is where the appeal lies with people I think. Of course, intense addiction is a horrible and powerful side effect, but a lot of people disregard that until it happens to them.

I've never had that happen, unless you mean after dosing regularly, but that's the withdrawal. A single dose of opiates doesn't give me any comedown or negative aftereffects at all. Which is part of why they're so dangerous, it encourages a feeling that they're harmless, which leads to repeat dosing, which leads to dependence, which leads to horrifying misery.

I wish. Thc maybe, but I get nothing except extremely mild anxiolysis from alcohol ,no euphoria