• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

Hefeweizen (Widmer, I think) is nice
Indeed, but never say "Hefeweizen" in Bavaria, or you might be decapitated on the spot ^^
"Weißbier" is the name you have to say here, srsly, or you might not even be served, as no one can understand WTF you want.

Also awesome and worth a try is
Lammsbräu (this is a brand that makes amazing organic beers, for example with spelt, or after a really old recipe, or black beer, and really interesting stuff. Tastes like God, too)
Eisweiße(Wheat beer prepared under cold, served even colder),
Goaßn(dark beer with coke and a drop of cherry liquor),
Rußn(Wheat beer with lemonade),
Radler(light beer with lemonade),
Colaweiße (light beer with coke, actually really good but used to have a very racist name, so it's not that popular - especially cuz many people don't know to say "Colaweiße/weizen", so they blurt out the very racist word i'm not going to name)

Yeah we do some strange stuff with our alcohol
We mix Jägermeister with cocoa xD i know it sounds gross, but it's best thing ever, BTW

Hi Bluelighters.

How euphoric is alcohol? I have never been a heavy drinker, and I consider their euphoria quite poor. It doesn't even come close to the euphoria of a benzo or even Pregabalin, which causes quite similar effects to alcohol.

I feel a slight euphoria for about 15-30 minutes and then it makes me act confused and silly. Not to mention the hangover if you drink too much.
whaaat ? fuck you needed to drink a lot of beers and black out, alcohol you take the way , its different , its complicaded LOL

you not like for like 2 years but when you take the taste you are drink a bud 10 AM. an its nice fuck the others.

Well technically you would still be incorrect because although with less frequency than alcohol people do commit violent crimes under the influence of marijuana:

Yeah moderate amounts of weed can make me pissy and aggressive. I could see a link between it and violence.

Ultra heavy 24/7 weed users kind of seem like self-absorbed douchebags, though this is probably an unfair blanket statement. Weed can cause pretty pronounced ego enhancement which is rarely a positive thing. There is a sort of delusional superiority complex in some of these individuals. Heightened irritability adds to the issue.

For me, alcohol is far more euphoric than benzos, benzos aren't euphoric at all for me, they just make me not care about stuff, and/or sleep. Alcohol can make me feel really good, but it is really a nasty drug, getting drunk does a lot of damage to your organs and brain.

Alcohol euphoria does not measure up to many hard drugs and it's about as toxic as drugs get, aside from inhalants. It's a shitty drug but can be quite fun.

Yea this is pretty much how I feel.

Id call alcohol more relaxing than euphoric. Nothing remotely like as good as opioid euphoria.

And yea all benzos do for me is help with anxiety. Which is OK, but more medicinal than recreational.

The thing is that there is no pure ethanol.
It's never a 100% because it'll draw water from atmosphere, so that it'll always have something else in it and that else can be toxic, like methanol or some other denaturation agent.
I've heard that old school boozers used to drain windshield washing liquid thru a loaf of bread to get rid of some toxins. Activated carbon has been used also to purify ethanol from hand sanitizers or some other household products.

@Nitcomb , Wow that is helpful, and I have spent all these years trying to keep my Sponces , from drinking mouthwash :p
I must say for this alcoholic, if I am willing to drink or NEED to drink it that I am pretty sure I have a problem??
All is well

Mouthwash isn't so bad, because it's supposed to go into the mouth, but usually it has some artificial sweeteners in it, so they'll give a terrible diarrhea if drank too much.
Maybe a mixer with some hand sanitizers to take the edge off? I knew a guy who fucked up his stomach with windscreen liquids so bad that he ended up plugging the stuff. Not very nice way to go but get's you drunk.

so i am kind of a lightweight. 3 5% 24oz cans and i'm "drunk". any more than that i pass out. usually on the 1-2 drink im euphoric and enjoying it. then i start to "come down" a bit and drink more and then even a few more drinks makes me like comatose, almost like a khole (devoid of any pleasant effects) and might end up passing out. is there some method to drinking i never learned?

so i am kind of a lightweight. 3 5% 24oz cans and i'm "drunk". any more than that i pass out. usually on the 1-2 drink im euphoric and enjoying it. then i start to "come down" a bit and drink more and then even a few more drinks makes me like comatose, almost like a khole (devoid of any pleasant effects) and might end up passing out. is there some method to drinking i never learned?

Yes, it's called 'perseverance', but don't even go there.

Once you have become tolerant to the toxic effects of booze you can achieve some wild euphoric/dissociative/hallucinogenic states which are very addictive.

But it's not a good look...

Last edited:
A combo with an stimulant work's ok for me but again harm reduction wise a slippery rope.

My Alcohol consumption seems to be lesser while on dextro-Amphetamine. Good thing, but I can go on for ever, bad thing.

Combining with Cannabis and Tobacco also make the focus go from booze to a mix of the four. Ethanol on its own is lacking a lot, very incomplete exp. a disaster if you are anything like me.

Old French trick: Drink water between drinking alcohol.
Don't eat or drink lots of sugar.
In France you usually get water with your wine, so you can change from alcoholic to non-alcoholic liquid.
Also saves you from getting a hangover. I've been drinking alcohol like that ever since I've been to France, and I've never had a hangover again. And I was very prone to having them, even after just 2 beers.

Old French trick: Drink water between drinking alcohol.
Don't eat or drink lots of sugar.
In France you usually get water with your wine, so you can change from alcoholic to non-alcoholic liquid.
Also saves you from getting a hangover. I've been drinking alcohol like that ever since I've been to France, and I've never had a hangover again. And I was very prone to having them, even after just 2 beers.
Agee on the water consumption and sugar abstinence. But I disagree on the eating part.

Don't get me wrong I easily and actually dislike eating so this is a natural road for me. Especially on Ethanol and Amphetamine. No desire to eat.

But after reading a certain thread here once. Posted about that when on Meth-Amphetamine and feeling very anorectic you had to force yourself to eat, to prolong the high. Even sugars when if that would be your only option.

Rather a good salad with some Salmon off course.

i tried it and indeed after some time although not being hungry. It, the body, does seem to need some food.

This is looking at it from the angle of an underweight person. Like me. So someone that is overweight might react very different.

Agee on the water consumption and sugar abstinence. But I disagree on the eating part.

Don't get me wrong I easily and actually dislike eating so this is a natural road for me. Especially on Ethanol and Amphetamine. No desire to eat.

But after reading a certain thread here once. Posted about that when on Meth-Amphetamine and feeling very anorectic you had to force yourself to eat, to prolong the high. Even sugars when if that would be your only option.

Rather a good salad with some Salmon off course.

i tried it and indeed after some time although not being hungry. It, the body, does seam to need some food.

This is looking at it from the angle of an underweight person. Like me. So someone that is overweight might react very different.
No I meant don't eat sugar ^^ Eating in general is very good, but try to go low on carbohydrates.
Vegetables, salad, fish, meat, all good.
But even potatoes, nuts or bread which have a bit longer sugar-chains can have an adverse effect. Anything that affects the blood sugar