• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

I think the alcohol euphoria is a very situational one. By that I mean it mainly enhances you interpersonally and increases the quality of specific social situations, effectively making you an extrovert for a period of time. Like say you drink with a group of friends one night and a week later by yourself. The friendly gathering would be euphoric but the solo experience would hardly be at all. At least that's how it has always been for me.

I think the alcohol euphoria is a very situational one. By that I mean it mainly enhances you interpersonally and increases the quality of specific social situations, effectively making you an extrovert for a period of time. Like say you drink with a group of friends one night and a week later by yourself. The friendly gathering would be euphoric but the solo experience would hardly be at all. At least that's how it has always been for me.

It's not like that for me, I am one of those people who likes to drink alone and finds it extremely euphoric. Not that I disagree about drinking with friends being very euphoric but given the number of people I've known who enjoy drinking by themselves after work I think we have to question the "alcohol is only euphoric with other people" argument.

I know what you mean devil but even alone a couple drinks still has me having fun

Moonshine has a good euphoria to it. I live in the moonshine capitol of the world in the Appalachian mountains and weve been back woods liquor making for 300 years lol.

Ive never had mead. Is it a wine made from honey or is it distilled?

I think my favorite alcohol variation is a strong IPA. 2 good 8% double IPA pints will cure what ails you lol.

I used to drink booze alone and did not feel much difference between the level of euphoria compared to drinking accompanied. But, as I said I have social anxiety and I have never been a party guy hahaha.
About the different types of alcohol and their effects, I agree that they affect differently. Vodka is the drink that gives me the most euphoria and even seems somewhat stimulating in moderate doses, while wine is more relaxing and anxiolytic.
But I've never been a big fan of alcohol. I think it may also influence that I saw my father drunk many times as a child and that is why I feel a kind of rejection towards booze.

I know I'm late to this particular segment of the party but I would just like to point out that alcohol metabolites are toxic in any amount which is not the case with MDMA.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but from what I can recall this is the case.

And also, different drinks are mad different experiences. Wine turns me into one satisfied and jovial bastard....In fact, I think my previous euphoria score for alcohol of 3/10 would be augmented to a 5/10 for wine.

Any other wine drinkers here?

... it's the only drug I can't stop once I start.

Same. Even cocaine couldn't do this to me though it tried really hard.

Oddly though, I don't get cravings like I did with K and meth when I used to do those back in my heyday.

I can go months and months without drinking or even wanting one but once I get a pint or two in me, it's fucking Sunday evening all of a sudden, if you know what I mean. Only when I'm with friends though......we're a fucked up binge drinking feedback loop.

The rare pint or glass of wine I have alone at home ends at a single drink. Fucking hate being high alone.

I know I'm late to this particular segment of the party but I would just like to point out that alcohol metabolites are toxic in any amount which is not the case with MDMA.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but from what I can recall this is the case.

And also, different drinks are mad different experiences. Wine turns me into one satisfied and jovial bastard....In fact, I think my previous euphoria score for alcohol of 3/10 would be augmented to a 5/10 for wine.

Any other wine drinkers here?

I like wine. I live in Chile and here there are good wines, but in excess and alone it makes me feel a little sad. Also I don't like the hangover it causes.
But, I agree with you and I feel like one of the most euphoric types of alcohol.
Also red whine >>> white whine

I live in Chile and here there are good wines...

Nice, I think I'll go pick up a bottle of Chilean wine next time I'm out for a shop. They kept our liquor shops open as essential services.

...but in excess and alone it makes me feel a little sad.

I've never gotten sad from wine in excess (and there have been a lot of instances of excess use) but drinking anything alone is sad, I reckon.

Also I don't like the hangover it causes.

So, this is one thing that after all these many years of binge drinking (~15) I cannot differentiate between different types of hangover. Meaning, I don't think I experience different types of hangover based on what type of alcoholic drink I mostly had or if I mixed different types. The different types feel different during the high but the aftereffects are all the same for me. Maybe it's the brain damage caused by binge drinking.

Also red whine >>> white whine

Damn straight! I barely touch white wine. There's one dry riesling from a local winery in Niagara that I like but that's about it....I mostly drink red.

Do you live close to any of the grape growing regions in Chile?

Last edited:
My dad makes the kit wines, but hes an avid enthusiast lol. Weve made so many gallons and gallons of actually decent wine. Id bet most normal people, if drunk side by side couldnt tell a difference between that wine and "good wine"

Its a good feeling to ask your gf if she wants some of the family wine lol.

My dad makes the kit wines, but hes an avid enthusiast lol. Weve made so many gallons and gallons of actually decent wine. Id bet most normal people, if drunk side by side couldnt tell a difference between that wine and "good wine"

Oh man....I wish I could properly explain to you what French Cross wines are like. Most "normal" people also can't tell the difference between French Cross and good wine.

I'm not saying your gallons aren't decent, I'm saying "normal" people don't know what's what. ;)

Wait, do they sell French Cross in the US?

No one stops at 6 drinks? Are you kidding me? You must be from Russia or Belarus or something where they don't even put screw tops on their vodka bottles because they assume there isn't going to be any leftover. In the rest of the world, the majority of people stop at six drinks or less a majority of the time.

Well .. that doesn't happen here, most people drink alcohol until they lose consciousness, I was one of them but now I don't drink much..
But in general yes, people drink too much all the time, I remember a few weeks ago with a friend we always go around the city smoking and that shit and we can always see very drunk people, no matter the time, there was always a person lying around unconscious, of all ages, I live in Argentina

It's not like that for me, I am one of those people who likes to drink alone and finds it extremely euphoric. Not that I disagree about drinking with friends being very euphoric but given the number of people I've known who enjoy drinking by themselves after work I think we have to question the "alcohol is only euphoric with other people" argument.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you that alcohol is euphoric while alone, but in my experience it is less so. Just my personal chemistry I guess.

To me weed is an alone drug and alcohol is a people drug.

Well .. that doesn't happen here, most people drink alcohol until they lose consciousness, I was one of them but now I don't drink much..
But in general yes, people drink too much all the time, I remember a few weeks ago with a friend we always go around the city smoking and that shit and we can always see very drunk people, no matter the time, there was always a person lying around unconscious, of all ages, I live in Argentina

Oh it's not like that here in the USA (at least not in most parts). I live in a college town, so there is a lot of drinking that goes on here but it is rare to see a drunk person during the day unless it's a home football game or St. Patrick's day. Other than that, the only time you really see a drunk person is the occasional homeless guy. Even Friday or Saturday nights I used to ride my bike around and most of the students coming home the bars were sober enough to walk normally. Of course it's not that uncommon to see very drunk university students but it's more the exception than the rule here.

I know there are other parts of the world where it's not like this. For example I've seen a documentary about Russia where they said there are so many extremely drunk people out at night there is a special task force separate from the police that goes out, collects them and brings them to a special place where they can sober up safely. I didn't know anything about Argentina though.

Do you live close to any of the grape growing regions in Chile?

No, unfortunately I live very far from the wine regions of Chile. About 1,000 miles to the south. We also have a liquor distilled from grapes called Pisco but I really don't like it very much. Is it sold in Canada? Have you drank it?

No, unfortunately I live very far from the wine regions of Chile. About 1,000 miles to the south. We also have a liquor distilled from grapes called Pisco but I really don't like it very much. Is it sold in Canada? Have you drank it?

Yeah, pisco is sold here in Ontario. Our government-run liquor shop and distributor, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario actually has a super amazing selection of booze.

I've never drank it though, what's it like? Is it sort of like port or sherry? I'm more of a gin man and maybe a dark rum when I'm feeling extra piratey or it's winter and I put it in my tea.

Too bad about not living close to the wine regions, but southern Chile must be nice! I'd love to visit there sometime.

I love living close to the wine growing regions in Ontario because it means I can make quick hops to local wineries to taste/buy rare bottlings that are sometimes only sold at the winery......though, I guess these days everything can be bought online, I just don't do online shopping. I like to touch, feel, see, taste things before I pay for them.

[QUOTE="Branggen, post: 14778354, member: 295784"

I feel like this is debunked but is there any truth to those different alcohols having different effects theories? I see the guy above me staying that "highly hopped beer is a more enjoyable intoxication" so maybe certain alcohols have different qualities such as euphoria? Its kinda like the precursor theory for the "mehDMA" with all the alcohols being produced from different plants.
[/QUOTE]

... its the hops
they have a resting, calming effect on their own But a supposed downside for natural testosterone

Yeah, pisco is sold here in Ontario. Our government-run liquor shop and distributor, the Liquor Control Board of Ontario actually has a super amazing selection of booze.

I've never drank it though, what's it like? Is it sort of like port or sherry? I'm more of a gin man and maybe a dark rum when I'm feeling extra piratey or it's winter and I put it in my tea.

Too bad about not living close to the wine regions, but southern Chile must be nice! I'd love to visit there sometime.

I love living close to the wine growing regions in Ontario because it means I can make quick hops to local wineries to taste/buy rare bottlings that are sometimes only sold at the winery......though, I guess these days everything can be bought online, I just don't do online shopping. I like to touch, feel, see, taste things before I pay for them.

In South America we have a controversy over Pisco origin since Chile and Perú dispute its origin.

IMHO the origin doesn't matter much but I think there are more favorable reasons to recognize its origin as Peruvian (after all Perú even have a city called Pisco lol).

As for taste wise, I'm not a big fan of any Pisco (Peruvian or Chilean) but the Peruvian is definitely better. It has more grape aroma and flavor and its elaboration is much more careful and artisanal. Chilean Pisco is similar to brandy and has little to no grape aroma or flavor. It has more a wood aroma. I fact, in Chile everyone drank it mixed with Cola to make it more drinkable hahaha.

If you are a wine fan, you should definitely go for a Peruvian Pisco. And if you want to drink a Pisco cocktail, I recommend Pisco Sour. But without a doubt it has to be made with Peruvian Pisco.

So in summary, IMHO Chilean Pisco is just good for a night out (it's cheap and it doesn't taste THAT bad mixed with Cola). As for everything else go for a Peruvian Pisco hahaha.

I think my Peruvian friend @nznity can help you more lol.

In South America we have a controversy over Pisco origin since Chile and Perú dispute its origin.

IMHO the origin doesn't matter much but I think there are more favorable reasons to recognize its origin as Peruvian (after all Perú even have a city called Pisco lol).

As for taste wise, I'm not a big fan of any Pisco (Peruvian or Chilean) but the Peruvian is definitely better. It has more grape aroma and flavor and its elaboration is much more careful and artisanal. Chilean Pisco is similar to brandy and has little to no grape aroma or flavor. It has more a wood aroma. I fact, in Chile everyone drank it mixed with Cola to make it more drinkable hahaha.

If you are a wine fan, you should definitely go for a Peruvian Pisco. And if you want to drink a Pisco cocktail, I recommend Pisco Sour. But without a doubt it has to be made with Peruvian Pisco.

So in summary, IMHO Chilean Pisco is just good for a night out (it's cheap and it doesn't taste THAT bad mixed with Cola). As for everything else go for a Peruvian Pisco hahaha.

I think my Peruvian friend @nznity can help you more lol.
The difference between peruvian pisco AND the chilean one are the grapes. Our grapes in Pisco have a Lot of sugar n them, this Is why peruvian pisco Is only distilled ONCE unlike chilean they distill it from 2 up to 3 times but then it has too much alcohol so they mix it itwater or add other flavors shit.
This Is why peruvian pisco Is far farrrr superior than chilean. In fact, really? U dont like pisco? Man it's like the only drink i like besides beer AND wine. The rest are trssh, with pisco u can get drunk AND wake up super fresh. Hope thst info helped a bit. Cheers

I can Tell you some good brands, TACAMA demonio de los Andes ones are very good especially the acholado one ufff. Pisco Porton Is quite good too but abit expensive. Santiago Queirolo , there's like 5 diff types of pisco tho with diff flavors so itsup to u which one u like. btw all of these ones are peruvian, if you're a gin type of guy ur gonna like it.