• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

What was that twice potency alcohol derivative, was it ethyl-tert-butyl-ether?

Mampoer by us will give you an instant euphoric high followed by extreme drunkenness. Its like moonshine across the rest of the world. Mampoer ranges between 60-80% alc per vol. At mampoer festivals we usually play a game called "bok drol spoeg" fun but gross game to most

What I've found to help immensely is riding the alcohol high out til it's almost gone and then going to sleep. Works wonders in terms of minimising negative after-effects. Coupled with copious amounts of water, it's almost a hangover prevention.

I've done that but it's not dehydration that causes problems rather the alcohol just disrupts my sleep cycles when I have it past 8-9pm :(

I've dabbled in the Chilean selection at the LCBO but there's not much choice in the $14-18/750mL range, my usual go-to pick is Jackson-Triggs Merlot because it's fairly consistent, good price for a magnum, and it's available at the Wine Rack too.

If you want a good imported wine at a nice price I recommend Bikaver (Bull's Blood) of Hungary, it's made of Blaufränkisch grapes, which have amazing flavour

For me, alcohol acts as an emotional enhacer rather than an euphoric drug.
During these days of social isolation and forced wd (thank you COVID19) alcohol makes me feel worse.

So, I drank for the first time in months the other day, all it took was two glasses of wine and I was singing along with Phil Collins lol, my wife was like, "You can't be drunk already," but I was!

So short lived though. By an hour later I was fairly sober. Society really needs to find a healthier social enhancement drug, the fact that you have to binge drink in order to keep the buzz going is just awful. When my liver was fresh and youthful I loved drinking I didn't get hangovers, but now....even just a few drinks and I wake up with a splitting headache.

Best to keep drinking to a low frequency. I also prefer cocktails now over beer, less substance to ingest, less dehydration and less processing and less calories. Plus a good cocktail can be like 50% alcohol and taste nothing like booze (y)

Last edited:
I've done that but it's not dehydration that causes problems rather the alcohol just disrupts my sleep cycles when I have it past 8-9pm :(

I've dabbled in the Chilean selection at the LCBO but there's not much choice in the $14-18/750mL range, my usual go-to pick is Jackson-Triggs Merlot because it's fairly consistent, good price for a magnum, and it's available at the Wine Rack too.

If you want a good imported wine at a nice price I recommend Bikaver (Bull's Blood) of Hungary, it's made of Blaufränkisch grapes, which have amazing flavour

I figure this is an appropriate thread to say that I like your username.

The real question; is the Green Fairy any different from other distillations of alcohol? :unsure:

I have some fake Absinthe I use in cocktails, mostly tastes of anise. Absente is the brand. Never buy it! A real absinthe will set you back ~$100 for a liter. Been meaning to get some but I'm like... $100? That's a lot just to try some strongly flavored, maybe, potentially different booze. Could buy a lot of drugs with $100 :ROFLMAO:

The real question; is the Green Fairy any different from other distillations of alcohol? :unsure:

I have some fake Absinthe I use in cocktails, mostly tastes of anise. Absente is the brand. Never buy it! A real absinthe will set you back ~$100 for a liter. Been meaning to get some but I'm like... $100? That's a lot just to try some strongly flavored, maybe, potentially different booze. Could buy a lot of drugs with $100 :ROFLMAO:

I find it has the best effects of any other form of alcohol. I would make an educated guess and say it is the wormwood/thujone but I honestly don't know for sure. Absinthe is the only liquor I actually get real euphoria from though. I also love anise liquors in general being from a Greek family.

I also get Absente, but I get their original formula absinthe with real wormwood. There's also a brand called Third Stage distilled in Nashville that I liked when I lived there. The Absente is much better though. I'm guessing you get the "white" absinthe (no wormwood)? They made that when wormwood was banned, but when it was lifted they started making green again.

I find it has the best effects of any other form of alcohol. I would make an educated guess and say it is the wormwood/thujone but I honestly don't know for sure. Absinthe is the only liquor I actually get real euphoria from though. I also love anise liquors in general being from a Greek family.

I also get Absente, but I get their original formula absinthe with real wormwood. There's also a brand called Third Stage distilled in Nashville that I liked when I lived there. The Absente is much better though. I'm guessing you get the "white" absinthe (no wormwood)? They made that when wormwood was banned, but when it was lifted they started making green again.
No, it's still green, they use some close relative of the original wormwood in it, plus it has anise out the ass. I know they make a more expensive one that uses real wormwood, but I'm honestly not gonna bother with it. I'm much more keen on some of those Jade brands that are based upon original French recipes.

I like me some Galliano in a cocktail. Can't find the higher ABV Galliano here though, just the ~47% stuff which lacks the vanilla flavor supposedly.

Never found alcohol euphoric ever. I do have different reactions to different alcohols, vodka turns me into a psycho who will rip your face off and im a pretty passive person when I’m sober. Wine is just nice with food, doesn’t really do much for me even in large quantities. Gin will make me sin! I become the biggest slut when gin is involved, it’s strictly been off limits since I was like 23 along with vodka. I’ve learnt those lessons! Whiskey is just normal but makes me feel comforted, I’m Irish so it’s a good tipple for most ailments. Hot whiskey is great for the cold, feeling run down and also a nice winter warmer. My granny also used to say it was the cure for everything and she lived well into her 90s. I know with all this virus shite going on she’d be knocking it back like water if she was still alive.
Other than that, for me it’s good for social occasions but I wouldn’t bother drinking alone and I don’t get past the tipsy stage now or I suffer 3 day hangovers. Never worth it.
My father also died due to being an alcoholic and that death was not pretty which has definitely made me see alcohol in different light.

Alcohol in moderation is OK, but my grandfather was an alcoholic and it totally wrecked him to the point where he died before I could really get to know him.
Also, once you've seen how chronic alcoholics live, you really think twice before drinking too much....

It does suprise my friends though. I am very upfront that I am a lightweight, and sure enough after 2 or 3 strong beers I'm zig-zagging and rosy-cheeked. Over the years I've learned that more is not better with ethanol, and now that I know what level of intoxication I can function at I rarely have a hangover.

I never understood people who claim that "you can't taste the alcohol in [XYZ drink]!". I always can. Maybe it's the infrequency with which I drink or maybe I'm sensitive to it.

Cheers :)

There are mainly two variations of absinthe - the Bohemian style, which is more or less just high-proof liquor, and the Parisienne / Swiss style made per the original recipe. The latter is the only type of absinthe really worth drinking. The effects are usually 1) the effects of the alcohol are muted, 2) mild hallucinations - music sounds more interesting, streetlamps start to get a fragmented aura like the stars in that Van Gogh painting. So yeah it's an interesting experience