• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ads you despise...

There is a RACQ Insurance ad with a bloke who has just crashed his boat. In the background his wife puts a towel over her head a pretends to be blind. Sometimes I want to smash her smug face into the Hills Hoist..... but she might get blood on the washing.

If my daughter says she wants "fish and chips or takeaway" I usually reply "So you think you're going to get that?".
Lately she has been replying "Oh yeah, o yeah" like the Hungry Jacks ads.
"Cabbage soup for you!" =D

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I HATE the ads for the Nissan Tiida. The one with Samantha from Sex and the City.

Note to whoever does these ads:

IT'S
BEEN
DONE.

These ads show a complete lack of imagination and they piss me off no end :X

^
Tell me about it.

How long is she gonna be trading on that "slutty old woman" persona?

up all night said:
Those nasal delivery erectile dysfunction ads. I particular the one that says, 'NO DOODLE! BAD DOODLE!'

Bad doodle? wtf? That's just creepy.
I saw one advert advertising some sort of erectile dysfunction product, that had two fellas stood behind a grand piano, with their pants around their knees, bouncing up and down as some tune came out of the piano... the idea being that the treatment was so successful that they can now play Chopin with their massively erect penises.

Yeah, great.

Although, given that the average piano key is just over half an inch wide, and that they played the piece perfectly, it doesn't really say that much about the girth of said willies.

Clearly I've thought about this too much.

I fucking hate those goddamn fucking floaty pop up ads that are starting on webpages now, where the ad will float around in front of the page you're looking at for however long until it goes away again and there's no option to fuck it off like with a normal poup :X

Cop Ad

"There's been too much blood spilled on our streets"

Queensland Ad

Cop Ad

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that putting ads on TV will reduce the death toll from car accidents.

:p

The new continental ads, and in particular that vacant eyed old bag that's holding the new package IN HER HAND, while staring directly at it and saying "but this isn't Continental"! Actually, yes, yes it fucking IS continental because that's what it fuckin' says on the package you're holding in your skeleton-like hand, moron. Everytime I see that commercial I have visions of shooting her through the head with a speargun...

FUCKING RINGTONE ADDS!!!!! ARGGHH

Also that stupid Dominoes "puff" add campaign...because their advertising trick isn't working. They're trying to make 'puff' a new word. If i hear anybody saying that word... i will hit them.

One I don't really like, basically because it's wily and underhanded, is Subway's campaign they're running during "The Biggest Loser", with pictures of people exercising.

The twist is they cut the person in half vertically, so you only see half of them doing aerobics or whatever, and the voiceover says "Exercise is only half the picture", indicating that if you exercise but still eat badly, you won't do as well as you can (correct) but also insinuating that exercising and eating subway is the most effective way to lose weight. It's clever, uses reverse psychology, and I think it's seedy and underhanded :\

Agree about subway, disgusting imo.

Fast food is the fucking number 1 reason so many people are obese, not the solution. Just because they have a couple items which are "healthy" on the menu as long as you dont have sauce/cheese etc.

And I hate that tool Jarrod that appears on every ad campaign they have.

insanit_e said:
Also that stupid Dominoes "puff" add campaign...because their advertising trick isn't working. They're trying to make 'puff' a new word. If i hear anybody saying that word... i will hit them.

Haha I've made that vow as well :)

pekkie said:
Any fucking ad that's on the TV in Australia. They're all annoying, lame and horrid. The Ad's actually made me want to stop watching TV there as they were offended me to the point where I realised that I was wasting precious time even watching that garble.

Saved me the trouble of typing the same shit. :)

Zero the hero said:
The new continental ads, and in particular that vacant eyed old bag that's holding the new package IN HER HAND, while staring directly at it and saying "but this isn't Continental"! Actually, yes, yes it fucking IS continental because that's what it fuckin' says on the package you're holding in your skeleton-like hand, moron. Everytime I see that commercial I have visions of shooting her through the head with a speargun...

LOL

I completely agree.
Another thing I hate about this ad is the way they say: 'look for the C'. If that's the case you are going to be looking for a while because there is no C on the damn packet.

Other people have probably said it already, but:

AAMI... die, please!

Right... another shitty aussie advert just made it onto my hate list... some weird car servicing company, humourously named "Lube Mobile".

"CALL THIRTEEN, THIRTY, THIRTY-TWO...!!!"

No way! That ad is an institution. And it's more like, 'call firteen, firty, firty two'

[tell me more lube mobile]

heh, that ad has been around for years!

Not so much an ad, but we have a computer company up in Brisbane called "Floppy Diks". There is an arrow between the K and the S to suggest the 2 letters have been inverted... so lame. =D

up all night said:
No way! That ad is an institution.
Haha! Sorry, it's just been stuck in my head for the past three days, and it's starting to wear me down. :X :D

I'm convinced that it's given me some sort of brain damage.

firteen firteen firty toooo - gold up all night... as much as i hate all the ads on tv (esp. the self-serving channel ads - still the one, seriously and gotta love it - f**k you all free to air you suck!!!)

i still think that new add for campbell's chunky is friggen gold - the one with the woman spooning the guy in the morning... ah shit...

mind you, back OT, i hate the debt relief/self employment/credit card buy adds that you see on tv during the day - aaarrrghhh "now we have money to live again" F**K OFF DAMMIT!!!!!!!

interesting whoever said it about the pay-tv channels that have ads now, as far as i remember it, the whole appeal of pay-tv in the first place was a lack of adverts cause you were paying for the channels...

grrr tv shits me...

-=DLouD=D-