• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ads you despise...

tambourine-man said:
Right... another shitty aussie advert just made it onto my hate list... some weird car servicing company, humourously named "Lube Mobile".

"CALL THIRTEEN, THIRTY, THIRTY-TWO...!!!"

Haha that annoying little kid (at the end of the ad) used to catch the same bus I did in the mornings on the way to High School. His Primary School was on the way.

Extremely intelligent little guy but fucking annoying...

:)

Cucumberdale said:
I can't those ads with that guy who screams at you about some big sale down at Jeff's Shed selling off rugs or bras or something like that.... His screaming is so fucking irritating, I want to submerge him in a vat of acid.

fucking yes!!!!!!!

andf they change the date "only until the end of the week" "definately ending christmas eve" "we close down nye" "we're out of business mothers day!"

we actually went the first week that thing was on. it was shit. dont ever go to these things. unless you're after cheap bedding i guess.

Also, I've become tired of Channel Ten's promo adverts for upcoming episodes of Smallville, OC, Medium, Supernatural, Neighbours... that sort of thing.

Every time, without fail, they say "it's the episode that will change everything", or "things will never be the same again", or "the most important episode ever"... and yet, when you watch it, it's just another episode????

lostpunk5545 said:
Haha that annoying little kid (at the end of the ad) used to catch the same bus I did in the mornings on the way to High School. His Primary School was on the way.

Extremely intelligent little guy but fucking annoying...

Intelligent? I would never have picked that but I think it's because in the ad he had a mullet and flannalette shirt on.

Yeah it threw me for a six too. But like most intelligent kids he wouldn't shut up with rattling off a plethora of facts leaving me with the distinct feeling that a prison sentence from strangling him would be less annoying than hearing him talk all morning.

Typically all the girls thought he was cute and would only encourage him.

I hate the 3mobile ads on during big brother.

I understand they're the major sponsor so they have one (or more) every ad break, but it really shits me that they're all the same.
They've done a grand total of two different ads that are both really annoying!
Plus, it's annoying that they only have the one version of the ad, rather than one long version and one short 'reminder' version to put on after :X

i had to add (no pun intended) i am growing increasingly sick and tired of the sheer amount of ads on telly - i was watching an old taped movie the other night - and i swear there was only like 3-5 ads tops between breaks - i watched something on tv the other night and swear to GOD they had about 5-7 ads per break, and i *know* that some movies are cut horrendously by the networks to fit more ads into the 2 hour space

again OT, but i can't help it, i will never get sick of that new pigpond ad with the little kid in the back of the car asking his dad why they built the great wall of china - "to keep the rabbits out, too many rabbits in china" - give your kids the right answers, with bigpond broadband blah blah..."

fuggin gold =D

-=DLouD247=D-

There's recent one for an oil-control moisuriser (i think) with a whiney bitch that possibly harbours the most annoying voice ever! And she goes on about how after her lecture there was a "really cute guy" but she was embarressed 'cos her skin was oily. But after she used this amazing moisturiser she still looked fresh and got a date with said hottie next week. Sweet cheeks, it's not the oil on your skin preventing guys from talking to you, it's the high pitched excrement coming out of your mouth.

Last edited:
^Yeah, that's another one of a long line of annoyingly dubbed ads (usually the cheaper skincare brands, and kitchen products) that put australian accents over the american ads, and it's soooooo obvious.
It really bugs me, if they're going to advertise here they should spring the extra few bucks to make a whole new ad.

McWigga said:
There's recent one for an oil-control moisuriser (i think) with a whiney bitch that possibly harbours the most annoying voice ever! And she goes on about how after her lecture there was a "really cute guy" but she was embarressed 'cos her skin was oily. But after she used this amazing moisturiser she still looked fresh and got a date with said hottie next week. Sweet cheeks, it's not the oil on your skin preventing guys from talking to you, it's the high pitched excrement coming out of your mouth.
LMAO I thought something very similar when I saw that ad.

It's similar to the Clearasil ad.

"Oh great, a pimple a day before the party!"

Um, I can fix that darling. I"ll just chop your head off.

iamtha1 said:
The worst show for ad breaks has gotta be Video Hits. Seriously, they do 2 songs, and then 3 mins of ads. After taping the full three hours of Video Hits, I realised there was almost an hour of ads in there. What's the point?

The point is pandering colourful and useless objects to stupid kids.

You didn't just admit to taping Video hits did you?

tambourine-man said:
Also, I've become tired of Channel Ten's promo adverts for upcoming episodes of Smallville, OC, Medium, Supernatural, Neighbours... that sort of thing.

Every time, without fail, they say "it's the episode that will change everything", or "things will never be the same again", or "the most important episode ever"... and yet, when you watch it, it's just another episode????

Quoted for truth.

I don't like the Sony Handycam ad they're doing at the moment.... with the tag of 'so clear the memory will never fade' or something...with the woman pashing the boy and it does a circle around them, and she grows older and he stays a boy.

it's supremely creepy :\

Sony ads are generally creepy, as we've been discussing, Jo. That one you mentioned is creepy, and the guy in 2 halves sitting on opposite ends of the couch freaks me out too. :\

That handycam ad is possibly the most disturbing ad on tv right now. Gross.

A close second would be the one for Mentos I think...the guy with the nipples. Number 1 for bad taste. *spew*

I HATE those NRMA insurance ads with the 'real life customers' saying how great NRMA insurance is.
The people are just so I-have-the-personality-of-a-fish and it annoys me even more with the annoying dialog about what they spend their saved $ on!!!:X

promo's for comedy channel on foxtel

note to producer: when promoting the comedy channel it would be advisable to use clips that are actually funny

kittymeow said:
That handycam ad is possibly the most disturbing ad on tv right now. Gross.

A close second would be the one for Mentos I think...the guy with the nipples. Number 1 for bad taste. *spew*

yes and yes. both those ads = totally disturbing and gross.

The Nando-fix ads. Except the new one, that stripper mum is hot!

^^ Ok, that add i dont get. How the fuck is a stripper mum gonna want to make me eat nando's? If anything its now turned me off!