• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ads you despise...

smokin' joe said:
Every time I sit in front of a telly I want to smash it. I feel like it is personally condescending to me. God it's painful, it's just so fucking slow for one thing. I'm like "yeah, ok, moving on now" Are the general population really that stupid that they need everything "dumbed down" to that extent? God help us if they are.

LOL! Well put... without wanting to sound like an elitist twat, I agree.

I just find most advertisting uninteresting and sometimes annoying... especially anything geared around taping into youth culture and agencies that try to sell you a "lifestyle"... it's such fucking tripe.

I'm in the process of buying an apartment in a fairly "trendy" area and it gives me the major irits every time I see an apartment ad going on about the "cafe culture" and "just a short walk from the exciting nightlife district" rah rah bullshit crap spinning shit etc etc all about the area but not talking about the actual place. Any apartment ads I see talking about the area being "vibrant, alive, etc etc" get ignored straight away... if they need to talk up the surroundings then the place itself is obviously shit.

Most advertising directed at my age group makes me want to skullfuck the marketer who came up with it using a letter opener.

:)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
In other words, which advertisments were sheer marketing genius [in a completely irritating and somewhat backwards way] and force the brands image and slogan into your eternal memory? 8).

but the idea is for this sheer marketing genius to force the brands image and slogan into your memory so that you will want to buy the product, not drop it from the top of a very high building into a pool of acid as is the case with a lot of things here.

Oh my god... this one.

"I'm about to treat myself for VAGINAL THRUSH!"

(camera crew squirm, she pops pill, "there! All done")

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!! Must we hear the words vaginal thrush while eating dinner?

^agreed, but it's better than any of the other ads including the word 'pessary'

That new dominos pizza add that advertises the new 'puff' pizza base by getting 'trendy' young'uns to use the word 'puff to describe anything cool. Its a 'puffetic' ad

the schweppes ad pisses me off where they've gone back in time to when monet was alive, show the actor who is playing him standing in his garden infront of a blank canvas apparently having a creative block, and then his wife or someone comes along with a bottle of schweppes for him and as he picks it up and holds the bottle out infront of his face, now looking through it at his garden he has a vision... and wola! apparently this is how monets' particular impressionistic style of painting was born. it just shits me because i think that it's degrading to do that to a guy who was such a genius.

and there's also a magi noodle ad that i noticed the other day which shows a group of young girls who are gymnasts practising all their different jumps and rolls and stuff that gymnasts do inside a YMCA centre or something. anyway the slogan for the ad is something like 'eat well, play well..'. to which i'm thinking, if a parent were to feed their child magi noddles for lunch all the time, their kid would not be performing well. constantly eating magi noddles is not a healthy diet for anyone, let alone growing kids. it's like the nutella ads encouraging mums to feed their kids nutella for breakfast cos nutella will give them strong bones and shit. all such bloody lies!

i hate the new puff dominos one... i was really excited hby those ads before i found it it was a bloody pizza crust.. i hate TV now

also off topic, did you see on the 'human body' series recently about how the cool blurryness of monet's paintings was actually a result of him developing cataracts.

apparently he had an operation later on in his life and was so amazed at the difference he went back and repainted a few of his pieces.

I can't believe no-one's mentioned those stupid adds for a radio station that lay claim to "Barry picks the music, so you don't know what we'll play next"

What a fucken stupid campaign, that shit makes my blood boil everytime I see it, not only is it complete rhetoric (I know exaclty what they'll play, cos they play the same shit every fucken day) but more over, they're actually saying that a monkey picks the music....

Fucken seriously...

*asks xcidium if he can borrow his gun*

The pool ads with the elephants. what the FUCK has an elephant got to do with a pool.

The mc donalds ads that show all the "healthy alternatives" for adults... but still with the kids eating the shit. great marketing, its not like the kids want to eat healthy.

dick smiths: where all the nerdy kids that knew all the stuff go. my fucking anus they are. all THOSE kids are now working in real jobs because they are SMART. last time i walked into a DS and asked for a simple thing they had no idea what i was talking about let alone knew if they stocked it.

and last ladies and gentlemen:

The duracel -v- energiser ads

Each company is so carefull to choose what they compare and how. This bunny runs for 50% longer with this specific battery on sundays at 3am every second leap year.
oh no no! THIS bunny runs 51% longer in a vacuum orbiting around mars during the nubulon season (extrapolated from a 0.0023 pico second sample).

I hate all advertising that subtly or blatently lies. Especially when it bullshit that someone in the industry KNOWS is bullshit, but johnny user thinks "wow that sounds super cool"

And yes teleco's i AM looking at you.

Slightly O.T but the new Coke Zero ad reminds me of the Cronulla riots for some reason.

Anyone else?

any ad for "healthy" food products which concludes a woman eating a chocolate bar (or similar junk food) is akin to her having a bottle of vodka for breakfast whilst fucking the gardener before sending the kids off to school unfed. it's not cocaine or brad pitt's cock, which i might add various other food and beverage commercials would have us believe. could this "guilty for eating food" complex be a result of living in a society where sex and drugs are largely considered evil? is it mere coincidence that we as a nation are second in the fat stakes only to the usa?

on a different note...

i just got foxtel. even though i no longer have to endure magic bullet and proactive infomercials thanks to the large number of channels to choose from, i'm actually now paying for them as they are featured on the tvsn. i don't know what's worse, oh, having to watch hotdogs i guess ;).

I can't those ads with that guy who screams at you about some big sale down at Jeff's Shed selling off rugs or bras or something like that.... His screaming is so fucking irritating, I want to submerge him in a vat of acid.

That guy on top of the bus in the Coke zero ad is my friend's ex's cousin! :eek:

btw, I'm kinda new here... I know bikki muncher and potato ^_^

foxtel is ridiculous these days. i remember, back in the old days there were no ads in the middle of shows apart from a couple of promos for shows on the channel.
there was maybe one or two at the end, and shows that lasted an hour on free to air with commercials were like 40 minutes on foxtel.

nowadays it's no different to free to air.

oh and totally in agreement there cucumberdale. if you want me to buy your product, DON'T YELL AT ME! I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!!

I hate that really long ad for mediocrity and banality in the mornings called Sunrise.

"NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!"

I can't believe they decided to repeat that ad for this year's Yellow Pages :|

Cucumberdale said:
70% OFF!!! AAAARGGHH!! RUGS!! AAARRRRRGHH!!!! 95% OFFFFFFF!!!

Must...kill...

LOL! i was gonna write that 1.. who gives a fuck about persian rugs!!!! fuck off and stop yelling at me

I dislike that series of government anti-drug ads. Not because they're full of half-truths but because they weren't nearly as cool as the anti-smoking ads where they show the tar on people's lungs. That's what they should do - instead of showing kids going 'OMG he took xtc!' in a lame nightclub, use computer graphics to show some kid cooking from the inside after taking too much PMA.