• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall? Plug, Snort, or Swallow?

i'masouthernsweety

Greenlighter
Hi. So, I have a prescription to Adderall IR's 20 mgs. What is the best way to fill the effect of these without wanting to do more and more? I snort them a lot and occasionally take them orally. (yayy me! :) ) I've read a little about plugging but wasn't sure what the real deal is behind this. Anyone have any suggestions besides taking them as prescribed??

Also, going to my dr tomorrow, she upped my adderall on my first visit from 1 20 mg to 2 20 mg about 5 months ago. Would it be too soon to ask for a higher dose? I'm debating on asking for more of those or more clonopin. (currently on .5 2x daily) Suggestions?

Please no rehab talk...I already know the risks, consequences, etc.

Just take them orally instead of getting in the habit of doing something like plugging your own prescription. I assume you take it for ADD? You don't need to abuse your prescription.

It works fine to eat them. Snorting there is no rush. Plugging provides a rush, but it doesn't last nearly as long.

The more you abuse them, the less recreational they're going to be. Taking them as prescribed, they are not going to be recreational for long. Good news is, therapeutic benefits persist.

You should find something else to get high on, instead of abusing a medication you need for an actual disorder.

Everything the people above me have said is true and you should heed our advice...

Stay safe and most importantly stay informed!!

If you want to avoid addiction - stick to orally taking them. If you want to get an amazing high? Dissolve them in water and then plug them.

It's best if you just take them orally. If they're IR then there really isn't that much use in snorting them. Plugging would probably give you a rush, but you're probably better off just using them orally.

-p

Oral...the other methods might give you slightly different come-on effects, but they're next to pointless after experimenting for a week or so...also, if I were you, I'd stick to 20 mg a day, but that's just me...20 a day goes to 40 goes to 60 goes to 120-150 soon enough if you're not careful. And it's easy to say, 'Well, I'm smart, don't worry, I won't abuse it', but yeah, amphetamines are called addictive for a reason...

Even from a "getting high" standpoint, when it comes to adderall, eating them is the best way...

There's certain drugs that are much better when using a different ROA, but this isn't one of them. There seems to be a lot of people that just like to snort everything when it comes to pills, but every drug is different. Snorting Adderall is not worth it. As far as plugging it, the short duration, the insolubility, and the time it takes to prep make that ROA not worth it...Shooting Adderall is not a viable option IMO...

Snorting Adderall is completely worth it and eating them is a waste unless you take with a lot of tums. Snorting has a higher bioavailability and kicks in faster. Plugging is supposed to be the greatest but it will be shorter and more difficult to prepare. Just make sure you grind it up finely, there is a noticeable difference compared to a crude grind. Eating is still effective but it just stretches the timeline out and lowers the intensity. A warning though if you often take it other than orally you will always want to but I guess it's too late now.

Snorting Adderall is completely worth it and eating them is a waste unless you take with a lot of tums. Snorting has a higher bioavailability and kicks in faster. Plugging is supposed to be the greatest but it will be shorter and more difficult to prepare. Just make sure you grind it up finely, there is a noticeable difference compared to a crude grind. Eating is still effective but it just stretches the timeline out and lowers the intensity. A warning though if you often take it other than orally you will always want to but I guess it's too late now.

Axtuay plugging lasts twice as long as taking them orally.

SwampFox

The oral BA is 75-100% The amount of powder in the pills makes snorting them a joke...Of course, I have more experience with regular Dextroamphetamine, which isn't really even available in many places anymore.....

The oral BA is 75-100% The amount of powder in the pills makes snorting them a joke...Of course, I have more experience with regular Dextroamphetamine, which isn't really even available in many places anymore.....

... I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. But if it isn't - Dexedrine is 100% Dextroamphetamine. Adderall is 75% Dextroamphetamine. Etc... Actually, it's one of the most available drugs their is! -_-

Adderall contains L-amphetamine, dexedrine isn't one of the most available drugs there is anymore by a long shot...Brand name Dexedrine is no longer produced...Dexedrine is quite different than Adderall....I was using Dexedrine before Adderall even existed...I personally think snorting them is not worth it...it's loaded with insoluble fillers and to snort an average recreational dose is uncomfortable and not really worth it...and, to go back to my main point, not more effective than just taking it orally...

Last edited:
I know Adderall contains L-AMP. But the majority of Adderall is D-Amp. It's a 75/25 mixture of D,L-Amphetamine. Going back to the topic though - plugging Amphetamines is the way to go. It's bioavailability is 100%, there is no health concern (like there is with snorting) and it lasts twice as long as ingesting them.

Mod note: Questionable

Last edited by a moderator:
^I can't say whether or not that's true, but I've seen more than one post on here stating that plugging Adderall didn't work for them....I think it's drug that doesn't lose anything taken orally...but I suppose you could plug them...It seems strange that it would last twice as long...Normally you sacrifice duration for potency depending on ROA...If that was true with plugging adderall, you'd have to up the dose to achieve the same effect you'd expect from taking it orally...which would only be worth it if you had enough of the drug on hand to take more if needed...If I plugged the last of my Adderall, and it never quite hit me but lasted twice as long, I'd be frustrated...

This is making me want Adderall actually!

Actually it hits you like a ton of bricks. You get an amazing rush, it lasts 6ish hours instead of 3 and the bioavailability of it is 100%. So you're wasting none of it ;) The only downside to plugging is the fact that once you inject the mixture of Adderall and water up your butt - you feel like you have to take a dump SO badly that you're literally jump around for 10 minutes.

Just remember that if you shit it out - you will have to plug the entitreity of your toilet bowel. So fight that feeling anyway you can. Once that passes, however, it's literally 50 times better than oral admin.

The only downside to plugging is the fact that once you inject the mixture of Adderall and water up your butt - you feel like you have to take a dump SO badly that you're literally jump around for 10 minutes

^^^ This is very true. The biggest downside of plugging, IMO.

Plugging > Oral > Snorting.

Snorting is like "diet coke" doesn't last very long and you can blast line after line chasing the high.

Snorting is just retarded. Period. Anything you can snort - you can also plug. Plugging is WAY safer, it bypasses the liver (so more drug gets to your brain), and believe it or not - it actually enters the blood stream quicker than if you snort. Meaning it gets to the brain faster.

Plugging is the best ROA. Period.