• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall and Wellbutrin: would I be okay?

I was on 300mg of Wellbutrin XL and 20-30mg of Adderall XR for years. Any strength increase in the Adderall was negligible (It MAY have lasted slightly longer, not sure since I switched to Dexedrine IR prior to going off bupropion) and I would not worry about therapeutic use of Adderall.

With that said, I would suggest that you exercise caution and try 30mg before attempting any recreational dosages.

However: this not a recommendation to snort because chance of seizure is highly dose dependent and multiplied by co-consumption of most amps. Many medical reports of buproprian seizure indicate snorting involved.
Indeed. DO NOT snort bupropion. While people taking oral SR and XL formations have very little increased seizure risk over the general population, the same cannot be said for those taking IR and the risk is surely multiplied by intranasal administration.

I was on 300mg of Wellbutrin XL and 20-30mg of Adderall XR for years. Any strength increase in the Adderall was negligible (It MAY have lasted slightly longer, not sure since I switched to Dexedrine IR prior to going off bupropion) and I would not worry about therapeutic use of Adderall.

With that said, I would suggest that you exercise caution and try 30mg before attempting any recreational dosages.

Indeed. DO NOT snort bupropion. While people taking oral SR and XL formations have very little increased seizure risk over the general population, the same cannot be said for those taking IR and the risk is surely multiplied by intranasal administration.
Well if I do end up snorting anything it would be the adderall and in 5-10mg increments, but can I just pop a 30mg pill and after 4-5 hrs can I snort a lil line or so to bring back my energy and motivation? I find that taking it orallly again doesn’t do much and takes forever to actually add anything. My bupropion is 150mg XL.

I find that taking it orallly again doesn’t do much and takes forever to actually add anything.
Adderall? Odd, intranasal absorption is only slightly higher than oral. Try taking it on an empty stomach without fruit juice or vitamin C.

I feel like the combination might not be the best? I'm not a pharmacist or a doctor, but my basic understanding of Bupropion (Wellbutrin) is that it is a substitued Cathinone, said Cathinones being extremly close relatives of the family of Amphetamines with similar, albeit weaker effects profiles. I can see why one might prescribe Bupropion to a patient for whom a powerful stimulant might be contraindicated for purposes of potential misuse, but I wouldn't expect the dual combination of these drugs to be either healthy or comfortable and I'm not even covering the increased seizure risk.