• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Absolutely, positively disgusted with the Governments approach to e.

Howard won't even say Sorry to the Aboriginies, look at the turn-out last Sunday. How on earth are we going to get him to listen to us???
d.
------------------
Attitude is something boring people made up!!!!

He doesn't ahve to listen,,,he doesn't even have to agree with us or like what were doing.
If we work within the law ( not pro drugs ) we'll be fine. If we go out there and say, you can safely take ecstasy we'd get alot of negative feedback that we couldn't defend. But if we say if your going to take ecstasy (which we don't suggest
wink.gif
) then here are some safety precautions that might save your life. If we can save one persons life not only is that an extraordinary acheivement in itself but it also would save alot of lovely unbiased newspaper articles.
I'm planning on telling my parents but it's not smart to just lump it on them "mum, dad, you know the drug that you know from the papers?...I've been taking it for almost a year now,,,great fun"...I've begun the education process and soon enough I'll tell them I'm going to try e and i thought they should know
smile.gif

I think the best idea so far just to get us started is to print out some harm reduction/fact sheets on e
include safety issues with e itself aswell as what to do if you've accidentely ingested DXM, PMA, speed, whatever
Is anyone still interested in being proactive or has this just become another "yeh thats a good idea" thread?

yes i am very interested in getting proactive about all this, but i guess you all knew that
smile.gif
this thursday im having a first meeting with mibrane from ravesafe. i am extremely interested in doing some work with ravesafe but one thing im sure of is that i dont think i can limit myself to just "harm reduction", my feelings about MDMA are far too pro for that to ever work.
i've been thinking lately that maybe an organization something like NORML would be great for our cause...

Umm..i've been *thinking* of the pamphlet at parties thing too... but to be quite honest, alot of the people at Sydney parties (feel free to oppose this opinion) would loom at you with some sort of disdain for even suggesting that the party scene goes hand in hand wiht drug use.
I personally really don't care about these people, but some have such self righteous attitudes about "not needing the drugs to party" that it's kind of not very encouraging to be handing out drug info sheets to people who scowl at you in return.
If we could come up with an attractive looking wallet size pamphlet thingy (i could help with design etc) dealing with all the faq's, resources to get more info, info on 5htp etc etc I'd be keen to hand stuff out at parties.
One thing though... is this allowed? Would we have to stand outside the door at the end of the party with all the other people who harrass you trying to hand flyers out?
If thats the case, I don't know if it would be altogether effective. When I leave parties i usually block my ears, shut my eyes, sing really loud and hold onto apples' hand so she can guide me through the throng of desperado flyerhanderouterers.
Anyway yeah, I've been keen on the pro-active thing for ages. I'm talking about pro-drug education, trying to get it legalised,(because i too like many of you, realise this ain't gonna happen sometime soon, I think we should concentrate on an easier more immediate form of action) I posted something about it on the old board but there were never enough aussies to get together and actually get this done.
All we really need are a couple of people in each city to organise the actual printing etc etc. The rest can be done via bluelight, ICQ and email (ie design and content protocols).
We'll also need a bit of revenue to pay for printing costs.
Or if anyone knows anyone...that'd be cool..
yeah..ideas?
ALSO : info on EZ Tests would be an excellent thing to include...freaking out any dick who insists on making bunk pills to the thought that one day maybe the majority will test before they buy...

Just one question, how do u block both your ears, and hold someones hand?
wink.gif

Thats talented...
smile.gif

People at perth parties walk around and say free drugs then give you anti drug propaganda
We could do that
smile.gif

Jb what are your ideas for pro e media?
Pamphlets?
What would you say?
Does anyone know how much printing would cost for like 100 a4 pages?
cut the paper in 3-5 peices and then a little folding and they'd be wallet size
smile.gif

What a mad thread guys !!!
Reading all your posts just makes me want to go out in the street and dispute about the crap being said by the media, and the government.
I see some great ideas here, but i think the best ones or the more productive ones at this point in history is to inform, inform, and educate all those people around us we know we can reach with all our knowledge about drugs and their effects.
Its hard sometimes, because even though i would love to tell my parents about the wonder of these drugs(MDMA in my case) they just wouldnt understand.
But i think we have to try and reach to those people of our own age group and then try sreading further. Ive met so many people that actually have so little knowledge about E and at the same time use it so often, and when i tell them about it they are so interested to know.
I really liked the idea of handing out pamphlets of some sort with info on E and its related topics.
And i think if we could deliver them in our own scene it would be great.
Im willing to help in any way possible.
I think this is the start of what could become something really good.
We have to set ourselves.
I really liked the idea of pamphlets to be handed out(ie in clubs, raves ...) whos in it for that...
Come on guys this is our generation its our turn to make some decisions in this world
REVOLUTION !!!!

You press one of your ears up against your shoulder.
PS. i'm offended that's the only thing you got out of my reply Drave
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by mona (edited 30 May 2000).]

ok im fully behind this idea but im a bit worried that people are waiting for it to be done for them (like the ten key points thing).
it is a fantastic idea and i'd be happy to put some money in for printing, but the thing is we need to write it first...
if people are looking for inspiration they should check out the pamphlets that dancesafe have available for download. i think something like this is what we are talking about, except with a bluelight spin on it naturally
wink.gif

anyway heres the link:
http://www.dancesafe.org/downloads.html
maybe something in size between the single cards and the larger pamhlet?

I'm interested in getting soem pamphlets happening in the perth scene, I'll put as much money as i can into it but it won't be enough is anyone else interested in helpign out money wise or in any other way?
Acid_Reign

I know of someone who could probably do the printing for cheaper than normal

The media talks about the lifes lost from ecstacy but they never talk about the lifes created from ecstacy induced sex, it has to out number the lifes lost
(joke guys, don't burn me at the stake for that one)
------------------
Simba

reminds me of something i read last week, people on ecstacy are 30% more likely to have un-safe sex... so ah... if its not on its not on ok guys?
wink.gif

cheaper than normal? we like the sound of that.. ok all we need now is content! woohoo!

Disappeared for a while but back now.
You guys are giving me goosebumps just thinking about the constructive potential of this thread.
Ok. Here it is. We all have so much to say, and this thread will only take us so far. We are all in Oz and hence are in similar time zones. I propose an ICQ meet up to discuss this matter in depth. I know this may be hard to coordinate, however don't forget that the cause that we are fighting for is not a new one. We have all the time in the world, and only by using our time wisely and effectively will we achieve our goals.
We have to strategically plan our objectives. The way to do this properly is to focus on what we are trying to achieve, and work backwards. We have to stipulate the proposed outcome of this exercise. Once we have done that, the throughput and input will fall into place.
So, what are our objectives.
Main objective - The legalisation of MDMA in the form of Ecstasy.
Paraobjectives;
-The education of the public through harm reduction information.
-To increase awareness of methyldioxymethamphetamine,its derivatives, associated chemicals and derivatives of associated chemicals (MDEA etc.)
From here on, we must conduct a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats).
Strengths - Volumes of people. Education.
Ambition, Drive.
Weaknesses - Resources, communication channels, Minority classification.
Opportunities - MDMA is currently in the limelight, and although the limelight is negative we are able to utilise the negativity and transform it into positivity. Don't forget. Drugs are bad because we are told that they are bad, no other reason. Legals.
Threats - Governments, legals.
You will notice that legals is present both in O and T. This is because we will be able to perform this exercise within certain legal parameter, some of which will be in our favour, and some of which won't be. Although certain adjustments may need to be made to the original format, the body will remain the same.
JOHNBOY - I support your notion to be proactive in this regard, however I believe that at the present time we are 'treading on thin ice', hence we must walk before we can run. We will reach that level in due time.
We must understand that we are dealing with a touchy subject. It would be best to begin small and develop from there. As we educate and inform our fellow generation and the generation above, you will find that others will in turn devote mindpower and resources to this exercise. As we grow in numbers and political power, we will step up our extremity and force.
We are currently a feeble group of people with one hell of a task to complete. It will be a matter of trial and error initially, until we discover what grabs the peoples attention and what is effective.
BRAINSTORM! - Lately there has been a lot of publicity on MDMA and its life threatening potential. If the media publicises a death due to MDMA, let's research the particular case and see just how accurate the media are.
Our power would increase phenomenonally if we were to object to a media claim and win. This would destroy their credibility and add to ours. This is an easy task as the media blows just about everything out of proportion.
We have to concentrate and put our heads together to succeed. Nobody can do this alone. Together we can do it! (That sounds so frikkin' cliche, but it's true).
Who's up for it? We have the ambition and the know-how. It seems as if we are all going to contribute resources. So? Who's game. I am! If you are too, post here, or email me at [email protected].
As I said earlier, there is no rush, however if we get things underway sooner, we can overcome our teething problems before the media progresses onto something else.
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CONSUMPTION OF e! CAUSES EXCESS SKINNY DIPPING WITH FRIENDS.
"Come in, it's really warm"!
Keep Rolling.

well i can't tell you how good it was to come back from my meeting with ravesafe to see this thread still charging ahead.
i'll be doing a larger post elsewhere about everything that came out of the meeting but i'll deal with a couple of points here that are relevant.
i see pill testing as a very important first step of this process. trying to cut down on "XTC" deaths will further our cause greatly. i really want to seperate MDMA from "XTC" in the publics mind. part of that will maybe changing the language we use. "XTC" has to many bad conotations and really doesnt seem to mean MDMA anymore.
anyway, one way to get this process started is totest pills at rves and educate people on the spot that this is MDMA and this isnt, and go on to explain why they are different things.
ravesafe are very interested in having something like this done at parties but they frankly cant afford to do it. their priorities is the handing out of pamhlets and the creation of safe places for people who are freaking out.
at the meeting i basically offered bluelight as a "subcontractor" to do pill testing. under our own banner we could set up a table next to theirs to do testing and collate results. the informmation we get could be posted here on bluelight and perhaps we could ultimately get funding to help with costs.
what does everyone think of this? initially this will probably all happen in melbourne first but im sure people from other states are going to want to do it. feel free to put your hands up now, but it might be an idea to wait until stuff starts happening in vic, or maybe nsw, where there is already some respect for ravesafe.
phoebe (sp?),who is the coordinator of ravesafe in melbourne, said we are welcome to come along and maybe do something like this at the next event they table. they seem to be doing about one party a month and seemed to think that the next hardware event would the most likely for them to be at(they seem to have a good relationship with them)
on the topic of pamphlets, phoebe gave me a stack of papers that is forming the basis of the new dance drugs handout, apparently about 3 weeks away from being finalised. i will be scanning it all in tonight, hopefully, and putting it online. i suggested to her that maybe if anyone here has any feedback on it to email her suggestions.
the email address best used for correspndance to rave safe is [email protected]
ok lots of food for thought, like oj said its time for action!
smile.gif

Fuck yeh!
This threads great.
Oj i fully agree with your objectives, couldn't have said it better. And i agree with your thin ice point.
We need to get a real time chat going about this,,,can i suggest irc,,,much more reliable than icq plus i don't have chat with my preferred icq
smile.gif

Who wants to be involved in this?
Just say "yippee"

I'm not sure where to slot this in but it contains my messed up thoughts after my little brother was sadly taken from us by a real killer (heroin) The government seems to lack prorities if you ask me and i am trying here to point out that leagl use of some drugs will most definately save lives.
Message for the scum watching over us!!!!!
If you really care try and understand.
What really pisses me off is how ok it is for these hipocritic beurocrats who run this country to drink,smoke and gamble all they like.
Now two of these things are nothing but diseases of which a cure is nearly impossible to find.
Now the government don't want you to stop smoking cause they would lose so much money and they promote gambling as this fantastic fairy tail glamourous night out or whatever and never show an advertisment of the kids at home starving because their parents gambled all their money away after being programmed yes programmed is the word like robots by our sick and twisted politicians.
Now the real issues they need to be looking at are *Unemployment and lessening the gaps in society, i mean there are people out there living in third world countries who actually have it better than some people here because they don't have the monster caused societyu to try and fit into, they just exsist!
Now on the mdma front what i have to say is why does the government see fit to try and get rid of this drug and when are they finally going to realise that people want a buzz and will get it one way or another if they want it. Now there are many ways of getting a buzz and many factors to each one a few examples here.
Like driving fast which can endanger others so it is illegal and the solution for those who want to go fast is they can go race legally at a dragstrip or whatever to get off.
I could go skydiving and shit i might go splat but it's not illegal.
I am aloud to work next door to a factory that bellows out these horrible fumes that make the cement outside look rusty when the pollution drops and i have to breath this, what are the side effects and what are my choices in avoiding these toxins. Why isn't the government stepping in and stopping this?
All i am saying is there are dangers present everywhere and people will allways take risks, i class myself as down to earth and a realist.
Wouldn't it make sense to look at some fucking statistics and legalise for christ sake a few drugs including E and produce them in controlled environments etc.
Now i have seen and heard of more busts for E's than i can count on my fingers and toes this year alone, but why have i not heard of a single bust of a heroin dealer?
Surley if the government thinks drugs have a big negative impact on society they have the right to restrict the usage of them but they definately need to get therir priorities right.
I don't know a single person who takes E and does not have a job or go to uni and to back up my previous statement i can't even picture a heroin user having a job and one at uni, i don't think so, but you'd be likely to fing them doing break and enters etc and robbing/mugging/bashing people etc so they can get their fix.
A lot of what i have just said has been said befor but it is all so true and it's how it is - atleast it is in my perception.
A lot of this is written in anger after the passing of my younger brother less than 48 hours ago of a heroin overdose. He was just a young kid stuck in a government created cycle in acommunity which offers very little for those who maybe slightly disadvanted for one reason or another.
All i ask is a little understanding for todays youth and say to the government wake up you ignorant bastards and let us have our fun and help us make it safer, if you don't we'll do it anyway, unfortunately with more risk of dying from shit drugs present.
You are have obviously failed with your attempts to get rid of drugs and stamping them out will be impossible.
Stop wasting my fucking taxes on the bullshit and help make it safer befor too many more die!
Stop the real crims and not the people out for a good time with no hassles.
Try it - leave the drugs to flow and catch the robbers and thiefs like the cops did in the good old days. If you concentrate on thi s instead of wasting manpower and dollars on stamping out E's i believe society will be a much nicer and safer place.
---------------------------------------------
I am allright with my personal grief i think, don't let me interupt thi sthread, keep going and make a difference.
[This message has been edited by mini-mE (edited 01 June 2000).]

Mini-me:- My sympathy goes out to You and your family
What I want to know is why don't we hear about these Heroin ODs? If it was an xtc overdose it would of been all over the papers and TV but 'cause it was H we never even hear about it, This is why the general public perception of e is so bad, ppl dont hear about all the H overdoses and the number of alcohol related deaths but if there is one person die from e everyones talking about it. Also I don't think that most people know how much ecstacy gets used, with that many ppl useing it there is bound to be some unsafe users.
------------------
Simba

Mini-me - I think I speak for all Bluelighters when I offer my condolensces to you and your family. I wish you strength throughout your grieving process.
Simba - We don't hear of heroin or alcohol related deaths because they are commonplace in our society today. If you venture the street of Kings Cross, Sydney on a weekday morning all you will see is Junkies. If the media publicised heroin deaths and alcohol deaths it would be like a weather report, each night at the same time with slightly varyig conditions.
It is because that e deaths are so rare, (deaths due to MDMA alone are almost non-existent) that the media vultures have something to thrive on for a short while, and hence each case makes the grade.
The irony is that the government is involved in heroin safe injecting rooms supposedly to 'help' the addicts, and yet they are waging this huge war on drugs that have brought a generation together.
We do not live in a Utopia and therefore must make allowances for our fellow man. Though it is the corruption and conspiracy that drives the people to stand up and speak their mind. We will always have differences with our government, however it is when the differences of opinion are overruled by government coersion that the man on the street raises his fists in anger.
I am ready for this.
Acid_Reign - Forgive my ignorance, but what is IRC?
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CONSUMPTION OF e! CAUSES EXCESS SKINNY DIPPING WITH FRIENDS.
"Come in, it's really warm"!
Keep Rolling.

Get with the times
Herion overdoses are soo 12 months ago.
The medias new flavour is xtc.
The media can only go for so long before people get bored of hearing about it and they move onto another "evil" drug.