• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

About how much does a tablespoon of powdered poppy pods weigh?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
The title explains it all, I have no scale

(Below is an entirely different question)
Also, if I’m making tea from stems, should I grind them to a powder? I’ve read that they have about a tenth the morphine content by weight as pods, and I have about a pound of stems, maybe more. I’m going to make tea out of all of it, and I’m wondering how much that should yield

Firstly, I don't think that making a tea from a whole pound of stems to be that good of an idea. I won't guess how many morphine could be in them, but making any kind of a tea with a fucking pound of vegetal matter seems overkill.
The tenth of morphine by weight is only for opium, pods are like 1% as 1 gram of straw (pod+ 2/3 inches of stem, no seeds) containing 10 mg morphine, but it can go from less than 0,15% in modified garden varieties to almost 3% in pharma designed ones; also in the wild you can find very weak poppies like P.s. setigerum or fairly potent ones, and sometimes not many miles away from each others, Pods vary wildly.
The spoon question is hard to answer, we don't know how finely did you grinded them . Anyway I don't see a tablespoon being able to hold much more than 2 maybe 3 decent sized hand- crushed pods. If you grinded them down to dust it could be more, I guess.

Firstly, I don't think that making a tea from a whole pound of stems to be that good of an idea. I won't guess how many morphine could be in them, but making any kind of a tea with a fucking pound of vegetal matter seems overkill.
The tenth of morphine by weight is only for opium, pods are like 1% as 1 gram of straw (pod+ 2/3 inches of stem, no seeds) containing 10 mg morphine, but it can go from less than 0,15% in modified garden varieties to almost 3% in pharma designed ones; also in the wild you can find very weak poppies like P.s. setigerum or fairly potent ones, and sometimes not many miles away from each others, Pods vary wildly.
The spoon question is hard to answer, we don't know how finely did you grinded them . Anyway I don't see a tablespoon being able to hold much more than 2 maybe 3 decent sized hand- crushed pods. If you grinded them down to dust it could be more, I guess.
I’m about to go into serious withdrawal. I was in an accident (my head and body completely crushed by an 6x8 beam). I’ll be taking oxy for whatever is left of my life (until damage to my brain finishes me off). I’ve run out of my medication (~300-350mg daily). I ordered and now have pods on stems…20 of them. I may sound like an idiot, but I really need step by step instructions on what to do with them now.
I was planning to cook them down but I don’t know how much water, how long, etc. Do I leave the seeds inside? I have a professional “blender” (it can pulverize anything to dust but I don’t know how finely to chop them.

Could someone please treat me like I have brain damage (since I legitimately do 🫤) and give me list of instructions/recipe? PLEASE

I’m about to go into serious withdrawal. I was in an accident (my head and body completely crushed by an 6x8 beam). I’ll be taking oxy for whatever is left of my life (until damage to my brain finishes me off). I’ve run out of my medication (~300-350mg daily). I ordered and now have pods on stems…20 of them. I may sound like an idiot, but I really need step by step instructions on what to do with them now.
I was planning to cook them down but I don’t know how much water, how long, etc. Do I leave the seeds inside? I have a professional “blender” (it can pulverize anything to dust but I don’t know how finely to chop them.

Could someone please treat me like I have brain damage (since I legitimately do 🫤) and give me list of instructions/recipe? PLEASE

If you only have 20 pods, don't fuck around and just buy one of these on Amazon:

Inside is a little tray where normally you put coffee grounds into. Instead, grind the pods into powder (seeds removed) and place in the tray. Follow the directions it comes with, but all you do is put water in the base and heat on the stove. Drink the stuff it makes.

A couple more questions…
Do I leave the seeds inside?
And, is there any part I should cut off? Do I just put these entire whole pods (seeds, sticks and stems) into my crazy blender and grind them?
There are a few darker spots…perhaps a bit of mold (?) but they came from a reputable site, it’s not fuzzy, and I really can’t afford to lose much of anything I could use. Thoughts?

It's very easy, don't worry, you will do it more than fine. To be honest, you are on a serious amount of oxy, let's hope for the pods to be decently strong.
You want the pods and the first 10 cms (3 inches, I think) of the stem. I mean the part of the stem united to the pod, no to the roots.
You crush the pods and get rid of the seeds. You can grind it very finely or just crush it with your hand in some pieces. Some people swear the smallest the best, some of them even grind them in an electric machine for coffe grains, sorry about my English, I don't know how do you call it. I never felt a difference.
So, crushed pods and stems only, no seed.
The amount of water is on you. I use like 1/3 liter or so for 15 pods. It doesn't matter (well, don't use a gallon nor a very small coffe cup, you get the picture).
Now you put that water to boil with the pods and stems.
Now it comes the only "difficult" step: you don't let it boil, you don't let it make bubles and stay like that for long. As soon as you see it wanting to boil, you take it out of the heat.
You let it repose for 20 minutes.
You drink it.

Again you are on a lot of oxy. You have 20 pods and if we attend to the 1% morphine content, if your pods are medium sized that is like 1 to 1,5 grams per pod+ stem. We would be facing at a 200-250 mg morph dose, but I would not count on it. Most comercial ornamental poppies don't reach that level, that 1% is an average, as there are some very strong comercial varieties that can yield up to 1,7%, but most of brands don't go beyond 0,4- 0,7 %.
I allways tell people to be careful, but if you are on 350 mg oxy, I can't see 20 pods harming you.
I hope you find some relief

Ugh…I wish I had time for that little coffee guy to arrive in two days, but I’m in bad shape. Someone said to cook them down for 12 hours in a big pot, so I was going to try that. I have the pods and they’re on decent sized stems (I use those also, correct?). 13 hours seems like a long time, but what do I know? I don’t know how much water that would take.
Any idea how much tea, goo, or powder this will make? I have to survive a week…wondering if I should I be ordering more pods?
On another note-What is Tianeptine? Good idea? Bad idea? Not sure how long it’d take to arrive or how strong it is. My tolerance is so high. Any ideas to keep me from this cold-turkey misery would be really appreciated.

It's very easy, don't worry, you will do it more than fine. To be honest, you are on a serious amount of oxy, let's hope for the pods to be decently strong.
You want the pods and the first 10 cms (3 inches, I think) of the stem. I mean the part of the stem united to the pod, no to the roots.
You crush the pods and get rid of the seeds. You can grind it very finely or just crush it with your hand in some pieces. Some people swear the smallest the best, some of them even grind them in an electric machine for coffe grains, sorry about my English, I don't know how do you call it. I never felt a difference.
The amount of water is on you. I use like 1/3 liter or so for 15 pods. It doesn't matter (well, don't use a gallon nor a very small coffe cup, you get the picture).
Now it comes the only "difficult" step: you don't let it boil, you don't let it make bubles and stay like that for long. As soon as you see it wanting to boil, you take it out of the heat.
You drink it.

Again you are on a lot of oxy. You have 20 pods and if we attend to the 1% morphine content, if your pods are medium sized that is like 1 to 1,5 grams per pod+ stem. We would be facing at a 200-250 mg morph dose, but I would not count on it. Most comercial ornamental poppies don't reach that level, that 1% is an average, as there are some very strong comercial varieties that can yield up to 1,7%, but most of brands don't go beyond 0,4- 0,7 %.
I allways tell people to be careful, but if you are on 350 mg oxy, I can't see 20 pods harming you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have to make it an entire week, so now that I have that math, I’m really worried about how this week is going to go. 🫤 I know I won’t be able to maintain my daily normal amount. I’m really just trying to keep from sweating and shivering and the extreme withdrawal so I know I’ll need to ration it carefully.

Nah, bullshit, forget that 12 hours boiling shit.
Make a tea and drink it. Fuck, you can even crush them and eat them with some gulps of water.
You are about to face a 350 mg oxy and you have barely 20 pods of unknown potency, @negrogesic Just told you: don't fuck around.

I don't know about tianeptine, sorry

You drink it.

Since I need this to last for a week, should I use more water? I need to make a lot of tea and ration it out, I think. I could “survive” on ~90 mg/day. Or should I just drink less of what you told me to make…ration it out? Thanks again. ❤️

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have to make it an entire week, so now that I have that math, I’m really worried about how this week is going to go. 🫤 I know I won’t be able to maintain my daily normal amount. I’m really just trying to keep from sweating and shivering and the extreme withdrawal so I know I’ll need to ration it carefully.
You welcome, mate. You have a hard week ahead. Do you think you could get Lyrica (pregabalin)? Do you know a doc that would prescribe it? I honestly thing that it can make world of a difference for your next week. That drug is fantastic for wd. If you can, get it. We will tell you how to take it, there are some actual experts on the matter in this site.
Also other meds like clonidine are very useful.

Lyrica is prescribed for nerve pain but also for anxiety, and doctors often choose to prescribe it instead of benzos. Again, try your best and get Lyrica.

Since I need this to last for a week, should I use more water? I need to make a lot of tea and ration it out, I think. I could “survive” on ~90 mg/day. Or should I just drink less of what you told me to make…ration it out? Thanks again. ❤️
No, man, I am sorry but 20 unknown pods won't save your ass for a week, no way in hell.
To be honest, we could be happy if they were to work, put you out of wd and hold you for s day.
We don't know what you have, but even if they were the most potent pharma pods you can't skip a 350mg oxy habit with 20 of them for a week. Just forget it.
Take my word, get Lyrica
I am in Europe and it's very late, I will have a look on here and see how are you doing tomorrow.
I wish you the best, mate, I really do

You welcome, mate. You have a hard week ahead. Do you think you could get Lyrica (pregabalin)? Do you know a doc that would prescribe it? I honestly thing that it can make world of a difference for your next week. That drug is fantastic for wd. If you can, get it. We will tell you how to take it, there are some actual experts on the matter in this site.
Also other meds like clonidine are very useful.

Lyrica is prescribed for nerve pain but also for anxiety, and doctors often choose to prescribe it instead of benzos. Again, try your best and get Lyrica.
Given the severity of the accident…I have a lot of things
No, man, I am sorry but 20 unknown pods won't save your ass for a week, no way in hell.
To be honest, we could be happy if they were to work, put you out of wd and hold you for s day.
We don't know what you have, but even if they were the most potent pharma pods you can't skip a 350mg oxy habit with 20 of them for a week. Just forget it.
Take my word, get Lyrica
I am in Europe and it's very late, I will have a look on here and see how are you doing tomorrow.
I wish you the best, mate, I really do
Given the severity of the accident, I have a lot of things, no lyrica, but I have clonidine (emergency blood pressure medication since my brain won’t regulate my blood pressure). I have Xanax and Lorazepam, Gabapentin…an antidepressant (but not Lyrica). Steroids since it killed my pituitary gland and other things to replace hormones and whatever else my body cannon produce naturally. 🫤

Oh, you have very useful meds at hand. If you are prescribed Gabapentin your doctor should rx Lyrica to you no problem, it's so much better for opi wds, for everything tbh. Call him/ her and ask for it.
Clonidine will be perfect also as your BP will notice an oxy sudden discontinuation.
You may benefit also from Loperamide, a constipation inductor to combat diarrea ( sp?). Stuff is an opi, a weird one that they sell over the counter under names like Imodium and others. It can be dangerous for your heart when you dose heavily and I would advise to avoid it if you have a heart condition, but if you are OK this med can be very helpful. You will find endless info here about dosages and any other doubt you may have

So…I put all of that in my Vitamix and it chopped it to power…as in dust. I mixed it with the water and cooked it. I don’t have “tea”. I have very, very thick…sludge? Not even sure how to eat this…sludge with some random pieces of hay. Chew it? Gag.
I’m pretty miserable, unsurprisingly. I’m “twitchy” and sweaty and shivering and my eyes and nose are running enough to make it look like my face might be melting off. Yeah, my bp is high. I don’t have heart “problems”, as in, my actual heart is fine; my brain is just incapable of regulating the pressure, heart rate, etc.
What to do with my sludge…

you should have obtained normal tea. Did you let it boil down or what? If it didn't boiled it should retain its properties just drink it, add more water if you fancy. It has a nasty taste, sugar it up.
As said, don't expect miracles, we don't know what pods you have and you are on a lot of oxy. If it works in the slightest, let's call it good.
I honestly would be asking my doctor for Lyrica is you really won't be able to get your hands on some oxy or other legit opiate

I’m not in the scene anymore, as in my younger days, to even know anyone to get them from, and even if I found someone with them, they’re not going to have the quantities I’d need. My body wouldn’t know the difference between a couple of 5’s and a Tylenol.
My doctor doesn’t know I ran out of my meds early. With the crackdown on opiates, I’m lucky to even have my script these days. We’ve had the same physician for many years so I’m ok right now, but if they have reason to think I can’t manage my meds (which I can’t after almost 10 years since nothing seems to work anymore), I risk that script and I don’t want to do that.
I put 4 cups of water in, but bc the Vitamix ground it into a powder, the powder soaked up every bit of the water.

I made it, and It made about two good doses(strong enough to prevent withdrawal with a moderate pod habit)

Had to be atleast 200 mg of morphine or soin the tea to do that

I grind them to dust with a coffee grinder.

God damn, 5ose stems took atleast thirty minute so to grind lol

I’m not in the scene anymore, as in my younger days, to even know anyone to get them from, and even if I found someone with them, they’re not going to have the quantities I’d need. My body wouldn’t know the difference between a couple of 5’s and a Tylenol.
My doctor doesn’t know I ran out of my meds early. With the crackdown on opiates, I’m lucky to even have my script these days. We’ve had the same physician for many years so I’m ok right now, but if they have reason to think I can’t manage my meds (which I can’t after almost 10 years since nothing seems to work anymore), I risk that script and I don’t want to do that.
I put 4 cups of water in, but bc the Vitamix ground it into a powder, the powder soaked up every bit of the water.
Ok then. So you will have to do it with clonidine, gabas and benzos that you have ( many don't)
Get that Imodium.
Did the pods work at all?

Oh, my new friend, sincerely…thank you. If you only knew the mess this reeeally was. Lol. I have a pretty nice home, but a pipe broke in the wall and went under my hardwood oak floors and cabinetry. Long story short…whole kitchen had to be ripped out and there’s not a single contractor in the area to put it back.
I was trying to cook this damn stuff on an induction burner in my bedroom so the rest of the household would continue to think I was just sick (virus sick). The induction burner fan went out right as the tea was getting hot and the thing broke last night at 10pm. So I sat there with a pot of sludge.
My parents live and hour and a half away. I had to have my MOM transport it, add more water, warm it to a boil, shut it off and bring it back. I JUST got it. Obviously, since I added water, quite a bit (6-8 cups), it’s going to be weaker, but I need it to last. If a little doesn’t work, I’ll just drink more and be very well hydrated, ig. I’ll let you know…