• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin A million and one heroin questions

Wow your scared about withdraw? yet in your next post you are rationalizing using more? God I love heroin

What? You must have misunderstood...I have a certain amount, it is not completely gone yet. I'm wondering if it makes sense to save my last .5 g - 1.0g for after 2-3 days without...or just finish it all right now...

Read this carefully, and re-read your own post. You're better off not using now AND not saving it for later. The addictive voice has you rationalize poor decisions and the illusion of judgment is undetectable. Whether or not you'll believe and act on these words depends on the depth of your addiction. Reaching this conclusion for yourself is the only way to combat the messed up rationalization to keep using.

A relapse begins with that justification, that you'll use once. When withdrawals and craving take, the frontal lobe, which is responsible for reasoning shuts off and the pleasure center mediates your decision making.

Your best chance is to flush it or give it to someone who will. That's not something I was ever able to make myself do. So with that knowledge, your best bet is to finish it now and ride out the withdrawals. The high is temporary, and you'll have to deal with the withdrawals eventually. You can't postpone them forever... Good luck. If you start feeling bad, check out the withdrawal threads, there are plenty of tips to help you get through them with minimal discomfort.

Last edited:
I appreciate your advice, in fact, it's the same advice that I would give someone. However, given my situation, and the fact that this is the only time I will have access to and be able to use for the forseeable future, disposing of what I have left is just not an option.

I woke up today, which would be my 4th day of using (Started Tuesday afternoon, most of Wednesday, most of Thurday, and now it's Friday morning), feeling like I was in minor WD's. When I look at it on here, only having used for 3 days now, it seems ludicrous that I would feel any WD's...so maybe, like you said, it was my brain making me think I was as an "excuse" or ploy to get me to do more...well it worked...I smoked a little bit, and now I feel fine. I think I am going to just try to finish what I have today. If I do so, it was be roughly 3.5-3.8 grams consumed over the course of about 80 hours....I was hoping to get some experienced users in here who could offer reassurance that it was all mental and physical WD's just can't occur on such a short lasted amount of usage...any input is much appreciated.

You may be feeling some slight w/d that could be easily taken care of by taking some Loperamide. Since the ROA (smoking) wasn't IV, and the length of use was pretty short, the kick really won't be too bad. yay! You'll really start to feel like shite if you begin to IV heroin, I'd suggest that you don't start. It offers no benefits overall, in general terms...stay away from needles!

I appreciate your advice, in fact, it's the same advice that I would give someone. However, given my situation, and the fact that this is the only time I will have access to and be able to use for the forseeable future, disposing of what I have left is just not an option.

I woke up today, which would be my 4th day of using (Started Tuesday afternoon, most of Wednesday, most of Thurday, and now it's Friday morning), feeling like I was in minor WD's. When I look at it on here, only having used for 3 days now, it seems ludicrous that I would feel any WD's...so maybe, like you said, it was my brain making me think I was as an "excuse" or ploy to get me to do more...well it worked...I smoked a little bit, and now I feel fine. I think I am going to just try to finish what I have today. If I do so, it was be roughly 3.5-3.8 grams consumed over the course of about 80 hours....I was hoping to get some experienced users in here who could offer reassurance that it was all mental and physical WD's just can't occur on such a short lasted amount of usage...any input is much appreciated.

I've had plenty of experience with opiates, and I commend you for recognizing the way you can be fooled into thinking differently when craving sets in. Unfortunately we can't reassure you that you will not have any W/D symptoms. Chances are you will be somewhat uncomfortable. If you go into it expecting symptoms you will be able to plan your days around it. Get some immodium to help with the GI symptoms, some naproxen for the aches and L-Tyrosine (GNC/Vitamin Shoppe) to help your body rebuild your dopamine system. You'll be back to 90% normal within another 80 hours or so. However in the best case scenario, you may not need any of those items and you'll be able to function normally. Also a good tip, is forcing yourself to exercise or physically exert yourself will immediately diminish your symptoms. But that's hard to force yourself to do when you're feeling shitty.

Last edited:
I've had plenty of experience with opiates, and I commend you for recognizing the way you can be fooled into thinking differently when craving sets in. Unfortunately we can't reassure you that you will not have any W/D symptoms. Chances are you will be somewhat uncomfortable. If you go into it expecting symptoms you will be able to plan your days around it. Get some immodium to help with the GI symptoms, some naproxen for the aches and L-Tyrosine (GNC/Vitamin Shoppe) to help your body rebuild your dopamine system. You'll be back to 90% normal within another 80 hours or so. However in the best case scenario, you may not need any of those items and you'll be able to function normally. Also a good tip, is forcing yourself to exercise or physically exert yourself will immediately diminish your symptoms. But that's hard to force yourself to do when you're feeling shitty.

Couldn't be more true...in fact I just got off the phone with a close friend of mine who just got out of jail (parole violation) and had to kick a 160 mg/day methadone habit. My advice to him was, as horrible of an idea as it seems, force yourself to get a little exercise, whether it's just walking a lot or playing basketball, maybe some light weightlifting, anything to get your body to produce some endorphins and get your mind off of the drugs. I'd be a complete hypocrite if I didn't do it as well! Haha so I'm making an effort to go to the gym, get my blood flowing, get my mind off opiates. My biggest concern is my family...I can' afford to let them see me in any stage of WD's. Thanks for your input funkee.

just got some powder

i live in az so ive always gotten BTH is there ne thing i should know about this light brown shit? someone once told me i need to add lemon juice.

thx in advance.:)

If you have #3 heroin then, yea you need to dissolve it using acid as regular water won't do the job. Find citric acid or ascorbic acid if you can. Lemon juice is harsh on your veins.

If you have #4 heroin, then it dissolves completely in water without having to put forth much effort, so acids aren't necessary.

Help with chipping please

I'll make this short. I've been insufflating (sniffing) heroin for the past couple months. My tolerance isn't very high, maybe only a gram a day max, with the 50% BA of heroin insufflated it's probably more around a .3-.4 of pure heroin max.

I have a gram of heroin left and need to chip in order to avoid as much of the withdrawals as possible. How should I space the bags out? Should I do 1 bag a day for the next 10 days? Or should I do it more like 4-3-2-1 until finished? Or if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Ideally I'd say

3-3-2-1-.5-.5

That'll make for as soft a landing as you'll get when it comes to withdrawls.

I would go as long as you can in between doses, and take maybe 3/4 of what would get you high, then 1/2 for a while, and then eventually just keybumps to avoid WD.

After a while you'll be able to ride it out with only mild WD symptoms at the worst, hopefully.

Rob has the right idea.

-> 1,000,001 Heroin Questions

It's most likely #4 Heroin 'cause #3 is a primarily european. While AZ usually has tar there is probably some powder to be found and it's prob. #4.

Seeing that you're in Arizona, I'd think that your powder is Heroin no. 4 therefore you only need water to dissolve it.

1] Measure out your dose.
2] Dump dose into cooker.
3] Add enough water to dissolve into a liquid solution.
4] Drop in cotton filter.
5] Draw and shoot.

Powder heroin can be snorted, just chop to ideal fineness (if it isn't already powderized) and cut lines.

If you want to shoot, just add in with water, stir, and filter with a cotton.

to rob and captain:

The 3-3-2-1-.5-.5 sounds good, and just to clarify...I should wait as long as possible before doing a bag? I really don't care about getting high, I just really need to avoid WD's this time as much as possible...i'm starting school and can't be feeling like shit when I do at the end of the month.

Thanks for the fast response guys.

Shooting dope while doing MMT.

So here is my question. I've been taking methadone daily for about 3 months now, I'm up to 50mg every morning. Every night I get extremely antsy and crave opiates so bad. In other words the dose seems to fade out of my body by about 8pm. I am an extremely active individual and hit the gym quite a bit.

My friend has some dope... I've never shot it but I plan on shooting dope tonight... My question is... is it possible to get high on it. I honestly feel like I will get high on it because I've never shot dope before but I know that methadone blocks the receptors pretty hardcore. or not blocks them but floods them (although they certainly dont
feel very flooded to me right now)

by the time i shoot it, it will have been about 13 hours since I was last metha-dosed.

Please respond soon!

Last edited:
While it all depends on what your body's ability to metabolize the drug is, for most people 50mg isn't quite high enough to be able to blockade the effects of a more traditional illicit opioid such as heroin; especially if you are considering waiting until you are on the verge of being uncomfortable. Maybe waiting till right before you are due to pick up your next methadone could help you get the most out of it, but I would try to see about either getting an increase in your dose or see about whether a clinic nearby has a twice daily dosing option, because I have been on 120mg of methadone a day and if I don't dose twice a day I will start feeling "wrong" by about the 18th hour since the last dose.

Why be on methadone which is probably raising your tolerance when you could be shooting dope? Isn't methadone so you don't have to shoot dope?

to rob and captain:

The 3-3-2-1-.5-.5 sounds good, and just to clarify...I should wait as long as possible before doing a bag? I really don't care about getting high, I just really need to avoid WD's this time as much as possible...i'm starting school and can't be feeling like shit when I do at the end of the month.

Thanks for the fast response guys.

Yeah, waiting as long as possible helps your body start to detox naturally at each step. Then when you feel the worst, you take just enough to relieve WD symptoms. As your high wears off, you're that much closer to being off of it.

If you have enough will power you can do it! Good luck Falls in Ward!