• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-HTP brands

The stupidity of not being able to get it OTC other than in Queensland you mean 8)

Or at least that's what my local health food shop says lol

eccitude -- 5-HTP is not legal for sale in any state of Australia (with the exception of Queensland). It's arisen out of the TGA rules. It's expensive to bring even a supplement to market here, and I guess that no-one has ever seen the need.

They did look at the situation a while ago... tryptophan is prescription =\

i just got my first bottle today from club natural. took about two weeks which i thought was pretty good but it did have a customs sticker on it which said they had opened it, but they didnt actually open the bottle, just the packaging.

anyone got a spare bottle for sale? :D should get me a credit card some day....

i too have been using the club natural 'rest factor' with 100 mg, my capsules look relatively small.....but it does work, i notice when i don't have it.

i've found a place that sells 5-htp here. i thought it wasn't legal though? i dunno... a health clinic in manly that sells it...

^^ legal here in QLD mate.... the prices are rediculous thought, from wat i have seen

Ah, touche - except it's not cheaper. Their prices are the same (well, American Nutrition is five cents cheaper) but Bulk Nutrition charges more than twice as much for postage - for me at least.

American nutrition didn't sell the value product last time I checked the website. Club natural was always quick and easy so had no reason to look elsewhere. Thanks for the tip :)

aunty establishment said:
Ah, touche - except it's not cheaper. Their prices are the same (well, American Nutrition is five cents cheaper) but Bulk Nutrition charges more than twice as much for postage - for me at least.
American Nutrition is actually 95c more expensive than Bulk and how much do they charge for shipping?
Bulk Nutrition charges $31.03 USD for FedEx International.

I checked this morning (before posting), and the 5-htp Bulk Nutrition had listed was $15 (Am Nut was $14.95) for 100mg x 120 caps. For two bottles of 5-htp, Bulk Nutrition quoted me $20 US postage. American Nutrition is $8.95, but you have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get it. So I guess it depends on what you're after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged a couple of threads discussing various 5-HTP sources and prices. I think the major vendors selling 5-HTP ONLY caps are now pretty much covered.

BigTrancer :)

I've always shopped american nutrition no hassles.
shipping is cheaper.
ive never paid more than 14.95 (it seems to be one of those things thats always on a permanent sale).
If you make sure you order a couple of weeks in order, plan ahead the extra week or 2 wont make a difference.
That being said, I've always received mine in about 2 weeks from date of order.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, I'll place my order now!

I just didnt want to waste all that money for nothing!

lostNfound said:
I've always shopped american nutrition no hassles.
shipping is cheaper.
ive never paid more than 14.95 (it seems to be one of those things thats always on a permanent sale).
If you make sure you order a couple of weeks in order, plan ahead the extra week or 2 wont make a difference.
That being said, I've always received mine in about 2 weeks from date of order.

And how much did you pay for shipping costs to Australia, on top of that $14.95?

I ordered 4x Bottles of 120 caps and I paid $8.00USD for postage and I got my order in under 7 days! I was stoked!

Last time I had some ordered for me, it took about 3 weeks to come in.

hmm, so 4 bottles of 120x100mg gets through customs ok, ie. is still classed as a personal use amount?

fwiw i just received the single 120x100mg cap bottle i ordered from clubnatural. 5 business day turnaround, inspected by customs sticker on it etc.