• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5-HTP brands

dont take 5-htp with vitamin b6

taking even 10mg of vitamin b6 with 5-htp completely wastes it.

yes vitamin b6 helps turn 5-htp into serotonin quicker. But taking b6 with 5-htp ensures that any 5-htp will get converted into serotonin in the liver and never make it to the brain. I wouldnt waste my money or effort (seeing how difficult it is to buy 5-htp in australia) buying 5-htp with b6 included in it.

i thought i did my research pretty thoroughly the first time and bought extra vit b6 suppliments to take with my 5-htp before my mother's friend, a psychiatrist produced 18 pages of his research of which the first 2 pages explained why not to take 5-htp with b6.
not only is it wasted but it can also contribute to the chances of having a heart attack and other random problems (since serotonin in the peripheral blood is not benign).
Serotonin causes not only harmless flushing and diarrhea, but people with serotonin secreting tumors (hindgut carcinoids) also have problems with fibrosis of the endocardium and valves in their right hearts, which can cause heart failure. This fibrosis is caused by serotonin. This effect can also be seen with dietary intake of only modest amounts of serotonin, and there has actually been described in medical literature a tribe of South Sea islanders with right heart fibrosis as a result of eating green banana mash, which poisons them with it's serotonin content. No i'm not making this up, the hydroxylation of tryptophan is a rate-limiting step in the peripheral production of serotonin, and one bypasses it at one's peril.

*in english: take vitamin b6 with 5-htp and you just pee it out and put yourself in danger of a weird green banana mash disease called "right heart fibrosis" and u may die*

So take 5-htp on its own and let your brain do the work =)

Another Clubnatural shopper, used them 4 times - always arrive the day after i've sent an email asking where it is!

Always have been opened and resealed by customs. Adding the delay making it at least 3 weeks from recall.

Nice guy called Matt answers your emails.

Have only bought the Rest Factor product which seems good value and only contains 5htp.

Re: dont take 5-htp with vitamin b6

dreamzzz said:
taking even 10mg of vitamin b6 with 5-htp completely wastes it.

yes vitamin b6 helps turn 5-htp into serotonin quicker. But taking b6 with 5-htp ensures that any 5-htp will get converted into serotonin in the liver and never make it to the brain. I wouldnt waste my money or effort (seeing how difficult it is to buy 5-htp in australia) buying 5-htp with b6 included in it.

i thought i did my research pretty thoroughly the first time and bought extra vit b6 suppliments to take with my 5-htp before my mother's friend, a psychiatrist produced 18 pages of his research of which the first 2 pages explained why not to take 5-htp with b6.
not only is it wasted but it can also contribute to the chances of having a heart attack and other random problems (since serotonin in the peripheral blood is not benign).
Serotonin causes not only harmless flushing and diarrhea, but people with serotonin secreting tumors (hindgut carcinoids) also have problems with fibrosis of the endocardium and valves in their right hearts, which can cause heart failure. This fibrosis is caused by serotonin. This effect can also be seen with dietary intake of only modest amounts of serotonin, and there has actually been described in medical literature a tribe of South Sea islanders with right heart fibrosis as a result of eating green banana mash, which poisons them with it's serotonin content. No i'm not making this up, the hydroxylation of tryptophan is a rate-limiting step in the peripheral production of serotonin, and one bypasses it at one's peril.

*in english: take vitamin b6 with 5-htp and you just pee it out and put yourself in danger of a weird green banana mash disease called "right heart fibrosis" and u may die*

So take 5-htp on its own and let your brain do the work =)

Can you support these facts???

Im guessing Reload would have to have some manufacturing standards to abide by , do you really think that those kind of dangers would be blatantly ignored by authorities???

If you have some solid back up rather than hear say, id love to see this.

As for 5HTP not making it to your brain because of the B6, well i also find that a little difficult to understand too as my s/o doesnt normally dream at all, if he takes reload he dreams vividly. I also suffer from more vivid dreams although i always dream, and thats one of the main side effects to kinda tell you that you " have had a 5htp suppliment ".

^Thanks for those links, I did some reading its abit double dutchy!!! but im yet to be convinced....

Its basically saying that what im taking is a pure waste, but believe me I can feel the differece, and as i mentioned above, if it wasnt getting to ma brain, why the Vivid 5HTP like dreams?

Someone wanna explain that.

Antsey said:
Another Clubnatural shopper, used them 4 times - always arrive the day after i've sent an email asking where it is!

Always have been opened and resealed by customs. Adding the delay making it at least 3 weeks from recall.

Nice guy called Matt answers your emails.

Yeah I get my 5htp from club natural as well, I ordered 4 bottles on thursday 13th january, and I received the 5htp this morning 24th january by courier.
Customs has always opened up the package

If you're in NZ(Auckland) you can just grab them from pharmacies.
Deep Sleep has 30 capsules with 50mg for ~$25
I don't need use 5-HTP except on special occasions ;>

5-HTP certainly works. I've found the studies before; they're somewhere in ED in a thread I made about 5-HTP with references, if you care to search.

5-HTP certainly does raise brain serotonin levels, and it certainly reaches the brain. There was a study done on 5-HTP and peripheral conversion, and it didn't show blood serotonin levels rising above normal.

I seem to remember that that whole islanders-with-heart-problems thing was incorrect.

100mg of 5-HTP should be more than enough :)

^
There was a study...
V: Do you have a ref to that study? (are you referring to #18 & #19 from here?)

Another one on the topic is abstracted here -- Peripheral conversion of L-5-hydroxytryptophan to serotonin induces drinking in rats.

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
MooShiE said:
^Thanks for those links, I did some reading its abit double dutchy!!! but im yet to be convinced....

Its basically saying that what im taking is a pure waste, but believe me I can feel the differece, and as i mentioned above, if it wasnt getting to ma brain, why the Vivid 5HTP like dreams?

Someone wanna explain that.

i used to dream a lot on 5-htp as well (and i never had dreams without it) until i started to take vitamin b6 with my 5htp. it might depend on the actual amount of vitamin b6 that you take because i was taking 50mg, if u were only taking 10 then maybe a little bit of the 5htp was working.

Sorry to bring back this old thread.

Ordered two bottles from club natural recently.
Arrived in Australia within 3 days as it was cleared by customs on the third day, they opened the package but left contents intact.
Took another 7 days to arrive at my address 8)

10 days isn't bad, and paid less than $70.

I got mine from Bulk Nutrition, about $80 for 240 caps each 100mg, arrived in 6 days.

FlyAfterMe said:
I'm a Club Natural convert!

One bottle of 120 x 100mg 5-htp for US$32 (incl delivery)
Paid on a Wednesday and it arrived the following Wednesday!
California to Rural Victoria in 7 days.
AND the package was opened by customs.

Same here. US$40 with delivery, ordered Saturday night Syd time, arrived midday Tuesday. Yes, from California.

stulic said:
I got mine from Bulk Nutrition, about $80 for 240 caps each 100mg, arrived in 6 days.

Do you have some info on Bulk Nutrition? I haven't seen this source mentioned before.

CN01.jpg

this is the only 5-htp I've ever bought, same place every time.
USD$14.95 for this bottle of 120 100mg caps. cant complain there!
Very happy regular customer.

eccitude said:
Do you have some info on Bulk Nutrition? I haven't seen this source mentioned before.
Yes http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=476 (direct link to product)
I ordered two bottles with 120 caps (100 mg) each and paid $61.03 USD incl. shipping.
Arrived actually in 2 days in Alexandria NSW but stayed there (customs opened and checked) for another 4 days until it was home delivered by FedEx.
I've chosen the int. economy shipping method and 6 days isn't too bad.

Has anyone ordered the 4 bottles into Australia (states other than QLD) and had no worries at all? I'm thinking of ordering 4 bottles from clubnatural into Melb and Don't want to make a waste of $100+

Just need the reassurance that I will get the bottles here successfully.

Club Natural must just love whatever stupidity it is that prevents the majority of Aussies going down to their local health store and buying 5-htp OTC :\

I've been buying from Club Natural for about 4 years, and they sure know how to treat us Aussies and our orders -- nothing ever seems to be too much trouble for them.