• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-MEC (4-Methylethcathinone) Megathread (v1)

I will second chylldup on the effects profile.

Definitely similar to 4-mmc but in my opinion, a lot clearer headed at a lower dose so far. approximately 60 mg oral produced activity similar to mephedrone but without the retarded headspace feel. Similar feeling, but yet not as, I guess, 'spinny'.

Pupil size bigger, head tingly (along with rest of body to smaller degree) but not distractingly so, extremities cold but not as bad as other material.
Energized mind and body, vision a little blurrier but not terrible. I think that most who have reported on this have had sourcing troubles.

The material in question is a very fluffy white powder with little noticeable smell. I have had mephedrone and methylone and this feels different to both and lacks the "intruding into the head" feeling of both. Still feel a little dumbed down but concentration and attention span makes up for this greatly.

I would very much say that it is more worthwhile than given credit but I am not the biggest fan of mephedrone as the side effects are not the best. I am probably beginning to peak 45 min later I would say.

I don't know how I echo the serotonin vs dopamine parts of chylldups report, I believe those effects may be described poorly by both him and me. This feels more amphetamine like at this dose than methylone or mephedrone but still has a similar to mephedrone feel. I would say this is a amphetamine vs methamphetamine , hydrocodone vs oxycodone type business in terms of side effects.

So far feels much cleaner and less potent but in a safer, better way. I mean the comparisons to correspond to the fact that I feel like amphetamine is regarded as weaker but safer and more controllable than meth and hydrocodone is weaker but safer than oxy.

Though both are related, the lesser potency of both is safer and value wise, does relatively similar things. I hope I worded that well enough. Hydrocodone is more functional than oxy same as amp vs meth and same as 4-mec vs meph.

Strikingly similar comparisons to the aboves I would say in terms of positives and negatives ramification wise.

If this was available in stead of mephedrone, I feel like the scene wouldn't be in the situation it is now in.

To sum it up, very similar to mephedrone without the intense rush/rolling that is a little too much at times. Much more manageable and cleaner feeling, side effects do prove so far to be less at a 60 mg dose. Less grinding, less sweating, less coldness of extremities, less dehydration, less stupidity, I would guess side effects increase with dosage.

I really feel that these substances were not dosed with intelligence. A little does seem to go a long way with these guys and this is quite nice at this level. Time to shut up about it and get shit done, wanted to try to set the record straighter for this.

Recent 4-MEC extravaganza

I am new to the rc scene so I can't speak to mephe and MDPV unless it was in a salt or party pill I tried that don't list any ingredients, but I liked those and quickly started googling...
I found a wholesale supplier in china and so far, his product has been of good quality at the right price. I have purchased 10 g of 4-MEC and found it to be very clean, good rush (I IV just about everything, being an old speed freak..), and usually a 25 mg shot would do the trick...and it was an excellent aphrodisiac also..
Negative :
Tolerance built quickly or higher doses aren't excetionally toxic because over the course of the weekend the doses got a little bigger and more frequent. My wife and I killed off 10g between Friday and Sunday of a weekend and then i had a geek on like coke has never done to me. I was positive I had put some to the side, hidden, for a rainy 3 AM, and we turned the house upside down searching for this imaginary treasue. So, yes, it is very more-ish but for the money, worth it. Having learned about that aspect of it, I think some benzo's some time before the last dose is done would help tame that feinding.
The buzz definitely had a nice rush, a nice ex-y roll with ex-vision, some pattern hallucinations (which don't help making a clean shot after 18 hours or so...), obvious amp-like stimulation that precluded sleep and no appetite...
I obtained 10g of methylon from the same supplier and ignored most forum posts about eating it and whatnot and was deservedly unimpressed from an iV aspect...some rush, quick up, but high doses required (25-40 mg per dose), and frequent. While the experience was okay, it has no comparison to Ex or the MDMA
of old...I have some more ethyl coming and definitely will go oral to give it a fair shake.
But I really liked the 4-MEC as an iV and having gained some experience of it's ways, I feel my next partaking will be a little more pleasant and enjoyable.

I will just have to accept that these MDMA analogues are just not meant to be iV'd...a couple of things about the methyl was upon cwe there was a god-awful amount of residue in my mixing bowl; the powder seemed to have the appropriate tannish, off-white appearance, but I haven't read any other methyl-IV post that mentioned this, and the liquid drew up a cloudy green...again, nothing wrong with its effect but was disconcerted to see something mentioned no where else.
So, 4-MEC has a definite fiend aspect via iV, methyl does not. We also killed 10 g of methyl in a weekend but i believe this was due to the iV administration, and there was no fiend to speak of but definitely something to be desired effect-wise.

I sampled some 4-mec recently from a UK source. It was a white grainy powder with a distinctive spunky smell. I weighed out 100mg and insufflated it. There was no significant burn or drip. Within 10 minutes my heart rate had increased and I felt a warm body rush; after 20 minutes mood was elevated and I felt increased alertness. At 30 minutes I felt that I had reached the plateau which was similar to a lowish dose (say 50mg) of 4-mmc so I decided to push it with another 100mg line. This increased the rushes and added the 'messy' edge that is characteristic of 4-mmc, I started to feel some nystagmus and began grinning as a warm energised glow spread over me and euphoria set in. I stayed at this level for the next couple of hours without feeling a need to redose although I did feel like a drink of something alcoholic. I poured a glass of absinthe which seemed to bring out more of the euphoria so I celebrated with another line (estimated at 100mg). By now I was really flying, some jaw clenching and increased depth of breathing but HR had peaked and settled at around 100bpm. I had a stupid grin on my face and was overcome by waves of euphoria. My partner came home and wanted to joint in the fun so we opened a bottle of wine and I racked up another couple of lines. This was when it became evident that it increased empathy and was an entactogen. We spent the evening alternately dancing and sitting talking as our mood shifted between touchy-feely and high energy with music appreciation - talking is great but when you gotta dance you gotta dance. We called it a day around 3.00am and did manage a few hours sleep.

I found 4-mec to be very similar to 4-mmc but with double the dose needed to obtain the same effects. It is definitely entactogenic and mood enhancing and has the right amount of euphoria to back the stimulation. I personally prefer it to MPA as that just provides stimulation and seems to have a very long half-life. I did not suffer any negative effects in the days after this experience and will repeat it, probably by trying it orally with some MDAI.

Just a quick and very important update. We determined that the 4-mec referenced in my previous post was actually cut with MDPV which is what gave it that pop of an mdma trip. Although I personally do not like MDPV, when used in conjunction with this chem, I think it is an excellent enhancer. I would also say, that I would never recommend insufflating MDPV under any circumstances. Particularly when mixing. It seems 20mg MDPV/Dextrose mix which is a 33% concentration of mdpv is a good amount to get the rolliness going.

I will be experimenting with other chems that act on dopamine to combine that may be somewhat less iffy than MDPV. I will report my findings when I have them.

I tried 4-MEC for the first time last saturday and I have to say, I'm not impressed. I dropped a 100 mg bomb and 40 min later snorted a 100 mg line.
I felt a little bit stimulated and my balance was a bit off. But I experienced no euphoria and the head-space was quite boring and music didn't sound much enhanced.

Two hours after the intial dose I decided to smoke some cannabis and after that I had quite fun listening to music and dancing for ~90 min, but without the cannabis I think the whole experience would have been quite boring.

Later I went ahead and added some shrooms in the mix and got my ass kicked by them again :) When will I learn not to take shrooms just because I'm bored? :p

I still have 250-300 mg left of my sample. How should I take it? In one big bomb or nasally first 200 mg and later 100 mg? If 4-MEC doesn't show any potential after my next trial then I will not waste any more time on it.

^I've had it a few times now and found it quite entertaining. I usually have 100mg orally and a 100mg line at the same time. For me the line kicks in after 5 or 10 minutes with increased energy followed by mild but definite euphoria (silly grin). With the amount that you have try half in the bomb and half snorted at the same time.

I had a wee session last week with a friend in which we got through a g between us over a period of eight hours, most of mine was insufflated and most of my friends was dabbed and we had a great time, a mix of dancing and four hour IM sessions covering three continents. After the final (admittedly chunky) line at around 1.30am we were up all night without any desire to re-dose. Needless to say we didn't sleep and felt a little jittery the next day so 1g was probably overdoing it. For me it was like a 0.5g 4-mmc session (which I know isn't so much for some folks but is quite enough for me thanks very much).

Can this be bought in the UK or is it definitely illegal?

I am starting to think the stuff my friends have been buying from street dealers is this but being passed off as mephedrone.

I have found a supplier in the US for 4-MEC but will i have problems ordering?

Can this be bought in the UK or is it definitely illegal?

I am starting to think the stuff my friends have been buying from street dealers is this but being passed off as mephedrone.

I have found a supplier in the US for 4-MEC but will i have problems ordering?

it is illegal, Class B.

but i'm sure it can still be bought online and shipped here...;)

Alcohol potentiates effects of 4-mec?

Has anyone noticed a potentiating effect with alcohol and 4-mec? I have observed this on each of the three occasions that I have tried 4-mec. The first time I took it I had a shot of alcohol after a couple of lines and it brought on the euphoria, almost as if I'd had another line. The second and third times I consumed alcohol two to three hours after my last line, at a point where I was only feeling residual effects of the 4-mec and it brought the stimulation right back. There wasn't as much euphoria but I was certainly buzzing again.

I know that alcohol does potentiate certain drugs but I have never experienced such a clearly defined boost before and I don't ever recall getting it with 4-mmc.

Any new experiences with this? Sounds interesting, would like to try it, if it is anything like 4-mmc!

I have taken this one at dosages ranging from 200mg bombed to 315mg bombed. I have not had any luck when snorting this one..just a mild stimulation like when you snort methylone.

For effects...it gives a nice euphoria and a little stimulation, but nothing near 4-mmc. It makes your brain a little sloppy, almost like when you take too many benzos or too many somas. very strange.

Is it worth it? Yes I enjoyed it very much, just don't go in expecting 4-mmc as it can't compare. It is better than 4-fmc.

One major point of interest though, is that it has awesome music enhancement to it. Since the buzz is more mild, serotonin feeling(think stronger more stimulating MDAI) you wouldn't think that it would enhance music so much. I associate "rushes" from drone with making the music go off the most, but I have found with 4-mec no rushes are needed to let the music take you inside of your mind :)

Last edited:
I have noticed that the residual stimulation from this lasts much longer than with 4-mmc. After 350mg insufflated over a period of three hours I found the stimulation lasted for at least six hours after the final dose to the point where I took half a benzo to get to sleep. If I recall correctly (it has been a while) I could usually get to sleep within three or four hours of my last bump of 4-mmc. Has anyone else noticed this?

How does 4-mec compare to buphedrone? Any similarities in effects? Heard that buph lasts a good bit longer but a bit less euphoric and more speedy.

A circle of friends had been doing 4-MMC on the regular for quite some time. It was readily available and consistently available to us.

There was a several week break in the availability of 4-MMC due to the person with the contact information of the supplier having a mild mental breakdown and going on a two week meth bender... :(

When the supplier was contacted again, the quality of the 4-MMC was atrocious. 200mg insufflated had no real rush, made us feel awake and alert, but no euphoria, no mood elevation, and none of that 'droned out' disorientation common from high doses. (we think what was given to us in this instance was mdpv diluted heavily in another, inert powder as we discovered texture differences in the batch).

The same supplier contacted us regarding 4-MEC. It was acquired and tested out and found to be, at the very least, more tangibly effective and pleasant on the sinuses. It has a slight instant burn, more of a shock, that quickly disappears. Although the powder appears somewhat fluffy or sticky, it dissolves instantly and doesn't clog up like you would expect it to from appearance. There is not a ton of drip, obviously dependent on the amount done and it seems to allow the sinus' to rehydrate themselves quickly and effectively. Compared to most 4-MMC, especially the most recent batches, this is like candy...

Several of us did a rigorous experimentation over the course of 24 hours using 100mg bumps. It seemed to have a softer feel than 4-MMC. Where 4-MMC kinda felt like a can of Steel Reserve, this was more like a HoneyWeiss. It also, from the very beginning felt better. I mean that in the purely psychological sense. Without knowing hardly anything about it or what to expect, it just created a better, safer(mentally, no idea about toxicity), less sketchy mindset and overall mood. The only people who seemed to not care for it were those people who had been at the drone game longest (one in excess of 12 months of daily use). They found it to be weak and uninteresting and just 'not the same' as 4-MMC. These people switched back to the other batch of horrid drone and really didn't ever want to do the 4-MEC. I have a theory as to why, which I will explain later.

What solidified my opinion on 4-MEC being an altogether better chem than 4-MMC was when I tried it orally. I had hesitated on this because it did seem 'softer' than 4-MMC and I assumed that it would also have a softer feel when ingested.

WRONG.

Well, not so much wrong as surprised. I ate 300mg dissolved in Diet Coke (when eating drone, I would typically do 200-300 orally depending on quality, and then bump 100 to carry through until it hits) and was going to bump to get going but in getting bumps lined up for others I became distracted. Before I knew it I was out of my mind with euphoria. MY eyes were everywhere, I had a big ass grin on my face and I couldn't keep focused on one thing very long. I felt like I had eaten a couple of very strong hits of x. I was amazed. Even more so because I had been putting the stuff up my nose in 100mg shots every hour or so for a day and a half. I couldn't believe that it caused such a euphoria and altogether rolling vibe. I never got around to doing the starter line I had intended. I kept thinking about it (drone habit, is it time for another line yet?) but kept realizing I was still just as good and didn't need to do any more. That lasted for 3.5-4 hours.

As a note, in case some of you think that perhaps I had some MDMA and not MEC or some mixture, I can guarantee you that this is not the case. The amount we acquired would have been financially impossible if it were even a slight mix. The taste color and texture were not only significantly different than mdma, but consistent throughout. If there were MDMA, you would be able to see it amongst the fluffy structure of this stuff.

When I finally noticed a dissipation of the effects, I let it go a little and was surprised that it tapered nicely. It does not have the drop off of high doses of MMC. I decided to do a bump and with it I found myself right back into the euphoria and tactile 'rolled out' place I had been. I was able to maintain this effectively for a very long time. The comedown was easy, no tweaky, fiending, sketched out mode as I often found with MMC. There was energy but not speediness and it was relatively easily slept on. I didn't notice significant side effects such as vasoconstriction and the hot flashes that go along with MMC. It also didn't come with the delirious 'droned out' mental state that goes along with higher doses. It felt happy, enjoyable, and good. It didn't leave me feeling sketchy and fiendy, a sensation that has accompanied MMC from the very beginning.

My experience was not the only one. I recommended another person in our party try it orally. Her reaction was exactly the same, and under the same dose and length of use leading up to it. All aspects of my experience were shared by her up to and including the conclusion that it just feels better in that psychological sense.

If I had to take a guess at it based on the sensations and emotions this made me feel and left me with afterwards, I would say 4-MEC is probably like a reverse 4-MMC. They both act on nor-epinephrine, but MMC triggers dopamine in high amounts and little serotonin, MEC gives you little dopamine and high amounts of serotonin. This would account for a number of things that I noticed to be different in the experience. The obvious would be the euphoria of MEC compared to MMC. The second, and arguably most relevant to this thread would be the disinterest in MEC by several HEAVY and long term MMC users. I would guess MEC is boring to them, or 'just not the same' because they are not being rewarded by a dopamine rush. I can't fathom why anyone would have reverted back to the crappy drone we had gotten after trying this, until I think about it from a chemical dependence/tolerance standpoint.

All in all, MEC seems pretty fantastic... if you're not trying to replace MMC or a coke habit... It has a definitively more 'lovey' MDMA type feel, to the point that if given MEC as MDMA in an oral dose, I would likely not be able to notice the difference. And that is something that I have been wanting to say for a long time, lol. Life goal #369 completed.

Put it this way, I haven't really ever met a coke head who disliked MMC and the re-dose nature of it. Most of the people who prefer MDMA dislike MMC until given an opportunity to eat it leading to that 'rolling' feeling, but are still left fiending and disappointed in the duration. MEC taken orally is extremely powerful to those people who prefer a serotonin high over a dopamine rush.

The only thing left to cover is the after effects, which seem to be mild. Body exhaustion that is likely somewhat overstated because of the type of sleep schedule present over the two weeks prior (a few days on, one off...). There seems to be no hangover depression or afterglow. It doesn't 'feel' like it was significantly damaging as MDMA and MMC do sometimes. And the psychological thought process is one of looking back fondly on the experience and wanting to try it again. MMC never made me look back at the experience fondly, it was fun but it always left me feeling a little sketchy and dirty. It also seemed to draw the sketchy people out of the woodwork. I don't get that feeling with MEC and I don't fear seeing the sketchy people coming around because of it. That is possibly the best part of it in comparison to MMC for me personally. I don't feel like I am doing something dirty or grimy. I don't feel like a fiend.

Sorry for the novel. Just seems to me that people are looking to this or being directed to it as a MMC substitute. In my opinion, if you are looking for that, you won't like it. If you are someone who is a fan of MMC but prefer the MDMA-esque qualities of it over the coke qualities of it, you will find more enjoyment in eating MEC.

To the three more recent posts regarding this, I would say that the supply may be weak or simply not MEC. I have not seen anyone have a strong but also negative reaction.
Thank you so much for the detail your post was extremely helpfull

I have noticed that the residual stimulation from this lasts much longer than with 4-mmc. After 350mg insufflated over a period of three hours I found the stimulation lasted for at least six hours after the final dose to the point where I took half a benzo to get to sleep. If I recall correctly (it has been a while) I could usually get to sleep within three or four hours of my last bump of 4-mmc. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yup, that's been my experience as well. I'd say it was one of the only times in my drug-days that I've ever experienced unpleasant "residual stimulation". (All the others being related to coke usage..)

if the crystal stuff ive been getting recently is 4-mec, which i very much suspect it is, its like a slightly toned down version of drone, with a much less harsh come down and side effects. i like it very much. just as compulsive as drone, infact ive been going through a lot more of this stuff due to knowing the come down wont be half as harsh. its a damn sight better than some of the pathetically weak shit that was doing the rounds

Both 4MMC and 4MEC are class B in the UK.

However 4MEC may remain legal in more countries than 4MMC. 4MEC appears to be flooding the UK also.

Opinions vary from "banging stuff dood, bst since ban" to "Not quite Maccy D's but not far off" to "sucks, not the real deal"

IME:

-Less rush/slap
-no/little music app
-shorter duration/maybe it lingers more as SWIM had alot of trouble sleeping last time
-less clear headed/stimmy

peace.