• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

2nd time is a charm?

Update: Yesterday took 1oomg of tapentadol total. 50mg yesterday at 11am was the last. With a total of 12g of kratom spread out up to 11:30 pm.

Today 15g of kratom spread from 6am till now 11pm.

Insomnia a little rough. 4g kratom red and 3 tylenol p.m.'s and I'm still on the computer at 11pm... but.... no Tapentadol or tramadol for 36 hours, thats good.

You'll breeze through mostly with the kratom but keep in mind kratom is quite addictive. It is also pretty innocuous, so it depends on your end goals.

That's great man! Hope you keep it up. You are truly almost there. Great progress!

Thanks guys.... tonight is very rough. Can't sleep.... very tired but cant sleep....
I took 3g red Kratom at 7pm
and 1.5g of red kratom at 9:30 with 2 tylenol pm.
and 2g red kratom at 10:45 with another tylenol pm

and I still can't sleep! Its 12:00 midnight!

I am thinking on taking .25 tapentadol pill to sleep.
Insomnia is the worst!

Just try not to go overboard with kratom. It can interact with tapentadol, but you seem to be doing fine on that front. I think you're doing great. Taking 25mg of tapentadol is consistent with your taper as you seem to have gone to "as needed" type of taper. Biggest disadvantage of the taper is that is stretched out so it can tire you out. Be careful of mind games that are now at full speed. Insomnia sucks, but without comfort meds (pregabalin, z-drugs, benzos...) you will have to face to certain amount of it. I would echo again the warning about kratom - use it during acute phase (for another week or two, until you become somewhat stable) but try to taper off it as soon as possible. It is a useful herb in many ways but so is opium poppy. The fact that it is a plant doesn't take away possible negative effects (dependence and withdrawal being the ones most applicable here). Stopping 1 G tapentadol habit is rough. Never done it but I can imagine cause I have used tapentadol for pain and can extrapolate the effects of higher doses and the withdrawal it could bring in that scenario. Kratom is a perfect tool for tapentadol withdrawal due tob it's adrenergic property. But if you want to be completely clean that can be a double edged sword. But it seems that you are very determined to stop tapentadol and are on the right path. Keep it up!

Just try not to go overboard with kratom. It can interact with tapentadol, but you seem to be doing fine on that front. I think you're doing great. Taking 25mg of tapentadol is consistent with your taper as you seem to have gone to "as needed" type of taper. Biggest disadvantage of the taper is that is stretched out so it can tire you out. Be careful of mind games that are now at full speed. Insomnia sucks, but without comfort meds (pregabalin, z-drugs, benzos...) you will have to face to certain amount of it. I would echo again the warning about kratom - use it during acute phase (for another week or two, until you become somewhat stable) but try to taper off it as soon as possible. It is a useful herb in many ways but so is opium poppy. The fact that it is a plant doesn't take away possible negative effects (dependence and withdrawal being the ones most applicable here). Stopping 1 G tapentadol habit is rough. Never done it but I can imagine cause I have used tapentadol for pain and can extrapolate the effects of higher doses and the withdrawal it could bring in that scenario. Kratom is a perfect tool for tapentadol withdrawal due tob it's adrenergic property. But if you want to be completely clean that can be a double edged sword. But it seems that you are very determined to stop tapentadol and are on the right path. Keep it up!
Any ideas on putting me to sleep at this point without the small amount of tapentadol?

If you dont have access to gabapentinoids, z-drugs or benzos, I have no true advice. Low dose of Seroquel would probably wallop you also. Maybe melatonin? Although I don't think melatonim is strong enough to put you to sleep at the moment you can try. I will not recommend and am not recommending thr first 4 options as I am not a doctor nor do I know your medical history. I would use pregabalin and clonazepam, but I am dependent on benzos so am not the best person to look up to. Hope you get some sleep.

Update: Yesterday took 1oomg of tapentadol total. 50mg yesterday at 11am was the last. With a total of 12g of kratom spread out up to 11:30 pm.

Today 15g of kratom spread from 6am till now 11pm.

Insomnia a little rough. 4g kratom red and 3 tylenol p.m.'s and I'm still on the computer at 11pm... but.... no Tapentadol or tramadol for 36 hours, thats good.
Awesome stuff, good work 👍

Should I consider going from 800-1000mg of tapentadol a day to 50mg of tapentadol and and 12g of Kratom a success?

3 days straight....

Should I consider going from 800-1000mg of tapentadol a day to 50mg of tapentadol and and 12g of Kratom a success?

3 days straight....
Well not if your original plan is to quit tapentadol completely lol. But it's definitely a start.

3 days straight....
It is a success- success in tapering. This are seriously low levels compared to 1000mg of tapentadol daily. Just keep pushing, youre going strong. :)

Yes it is a success mate, but just stay focused and keep going!! Remember, you have to feel SOME level of discomfort, otherwise you're gonna get hooked on the kratom and then have to come clean off of that too.

I have question about kratom.

Off the Tapentadol for 8 days.

Taking 3g kratom at 9pm kratom red, 1am kratom red, 8am kratom green and 1pm kratom white... so 12-15g per 24 hours for 10 days.

My question is... last 3-4 days stomach pains... possibly stomach cramps. Could it be related to the kratom?

I have question about kratom.

Off the Tapentadol for 8 days.

Taking 3g kratom at 9pm kratom red, 1am kratom red, 8am kratom green and 1pm kratom white... so 12-15g per 24 hours for 10 days.

My question is... last 3-4 days stomach pains... possibly stomach cramps. Could it be related to the kratom?
Yes it could be. I just experienced this myself for the 2nd time. I have been taking it for 2 years. Usually at about 17 to 24 grams per day. I switch up strains and vendors but twice now I have gotten a batch that did this to me.

Not sure of your exact symptoms but for me it is gas pains. A deep low grade pain in my gut that is constant. Mind the TMI, but a good fart relieves the pressure for about 20 minutes and then the pains are right back. I also burped more on this strain. I had to pitch it because it made me so uncomfortable but that has only happened twice in 2 years. Different vendor too but both times it was a red strain.

Mine was coming from my gut as opposed to my stomach but it still sucks. Grab a different batch and see if the same thing happens. It just might be that particular strain you have. Good luck.

Diariah sucks! Stomach cramps or pain sucks too but both at same time is unbearable.

Can anyone tell me why and how long?;

Diariah sucks! Stomach cramps or pain sucks too but both at same time is unbearable.

Can anyone tell me why and how long?;
Yes it certainly does suck!!! :(

Why? Opiates cause the intestines to really slow down and therefore gives more time for more water to be reabsorbed back in to the blood stream (which is why they cause constipation). When we stop taking opiates, the exact opposite happens as a rebound effect.

How long? It greatly varies but 3-5 days, in my experience.

Are you taking any Imodium (loperamide)?? You can just get it over the counter and it really helps with the symptoms.

Yes it certainly does suck!!! :(

Why? Opiates cause the intestines to really slow down and therefore gives more time for more water to be reabsorbed back in to the blood stream (which is why they cause constipation). When we stop taking opiates, the exact opposite happens as a rebound effect.

How long? It greatly varies but 3-5 days, in my experience.

Are you taking any Imodium (loperamide)?? You can just get it over the counter and it really helps with the symptoms.
Yes I am taking Imodium.

The bad stomach pain / cramps began last week (Sunday) and the diariah began a day later... I sure hope you are correct on the timing. I have a new job and this is not cool.

Lately my mental has been shit as well.... I have been fighting the the detox symptoms, insomnia, jetters restless with kratom but not wanting to to have a kratom problem I am trying to pull back on kratom... then I can not sleep... then add the diariah and stomach pain. a few times I took 1/2 a tapentadol 100mg to stop pain and so I could sleep. If I do not get some sleep my mind runs a muk.

This sux... when I thought I was making progress it just feels so negative... I am remembering the days when I would just take a pill then go out and conquer the day then go home get some sleep and do it again...

Just want ya to know I acknowledge your struggle have no knowledge to offer guidance though but I read it