• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

2nd time is a charm?

Is there a danger of a kratom and opiate clash?
What do you mean? Kratom is generally safe on its own, but mixed with other opioids it can lead to an increased risk of respiratory depression.

What do you mean? Kratom is generally safe on its own, but mixed with other opioids it can lead to an increased risk of respiratory depression.
2 grams of kratom helped withdrawal symptoms a little for 2 hours.

To be specific. Usually 1 pill tapentadol.... 6 to 8 hours another 100mg tapendol.

Today... 1.5 pill tapendol.... 7.5 hours 2 grams kratom... now almost 10 hours since the tapentadol.

Can I take 2 more grams of kratom then in 4 hours take tapentadol?

The kratom is wearing off now. The withdrawal symptoms are comming back strong.

Is it better to use kratom to stretch out the tapentadol a few more hours?

Or

Be happy with the new 10 hour mark and take 1 tapentadol now?

I'm not that familiar with tapentadol, so I can't really say for sure. I would just take the smallest dose of either that'll at least take your withdrawal symptoms away. Try and lower your dose and stretch it out as long as you can.

I'm not that familiar with tapentadol, so I can't really say for sure. I would just take the smallest dose of either that'll at least take your withdrawal symptoms away. Try and lower your dose and stretch it out as long as you can.
Thats the plan. I just don't want to clash and have a problem.... thx

Best to not take them at the same time, otherwise you should be good.

Best to not take them at the same time, otherwise you should be good.
Please excuse the repeated dumb questions...

When I feel the symptoms comming back strong I should be clear to take something. Is that a correct statement?

For me... currently 1 tapentadol will last 4-6 hours. 1.5 tapentadol lasted 8 hours today.

The 2grams of red Kratom lasted approximately 3 hours.

I had the thought to just drop the tapentadol and just keep taking the Kratom. But I took the tapentadol instead.

I am happy that the amount of tapentadol was reduced today with out being in agony.

Thank you all... I know you have better things to do than answer stupid questions. The progress made today was due to the info you all shared.

Thank you all... I know you have better things to do than answer stupid questions. The progress made today was due to the info you all shared.
Absolutely not a problem. This is why I spend time on BL, to help people with things like this, so no worries on that. Glad to hear you're making progress 🤟

At some point though you might want to try and just stick to one of them.

I am planning on taking 1.5 tapentadol and 1 Tylenol p.m. before bed.

If i wake up in withdrawal I was going to take 2gm kratom.

The goal would be to stretch out the tapentadol i am taking.

Does this sound like a successful plan?

My goal is to be clean period. The main drug is tapentadol/tramadol. I have access to Kratom. After testing how Kratom can help I can say that I can take 3g of kratom every 2-3 hours and keep the withdrawal symptoms mostly at bay.

I have done this during the day 14hours.

If those with experience could please point out a possible successful plans i would appreciate it greatly and I understand that a good plan for one may not work for another but I need info.

In my huge optimistic thoughts I was thinking I could only Kratom for 2 or three days so the tapentadol is out then stop the Kratom in 2 or 3 days.

Does the pharmaceutical chemistry agree with this?

Please experienced BL'ers help

My goal is to be clean period. The main drug is tapentadol/tramadol. I have access to Kratom. After testing how Kratom can help I can say that I can take 3g of kratom every 2-3 hours and keep the withdrawal symptoms mostly at bay.

I have done this during the day 14hours.

If those with experience could please point out a possible successful plans i would appreciate it greatly and I understand that a good plan for one may not work for another but I need info.

In my huge optimistic thoughts I was thinking I could only Kratom for 2 or three days so the tapentadol is out then stop the Kratom in 2 or 3 days.

Does the pharmaceutical chemistry agree with this?

Please experienced BL'ers help
I'm not sure what else to say beyond what's already been said... Just wait as long as you possibly can before you have to dose, and then take the smallest amount possible to take your withdrawal away. The longer you can make yourself wait, the easier it will get and eventually you cut down to nothing.

I mean how much kratom are you taking a day total?? Just cut down your daily dosage over time until it's done. It's as simple as that.

Yesterday was 14g.... what is the maximum? And what is the maximum per dose?

Question... if a person taking 1000mg tapentadol for 6 years stops taking them, how long would the detox withdrawal symptoms last?

Yesterday I only took 400mg tapentadol.
The Kratom knocked down the symptoms to manageable level.

I sure did "sleep" a lot though...

There is no maximum. If you're trying to quit I wouldn't take any more than that though. I can't find any info on how long tapentadol wd lasts.... but work under the assumption that the first three days are the worst, but you should start feeling better within 3-7 days. It all depends on your body chemistry.

Tomorrow take less. And then just keep dropping from there. You're going to experience withdrawal, you just have to push through it. If you want to get through the tapentadol wd you're gonna just have to stop taking it, and use the kratom to relieve the symptoms. The tapering your doing will make the withdrawal easier than if you just cold turkeyed off of 1000mg a day.

From people that have used tapentadol for over a year, but in doses that are on the recommended therapeutic range (500mg max), tapentadol withdrawal is short lived. Most intense withdrawal should last 3-4 days, with 7-10 days for acute phase to be over. Something like already mentioned range. If 4 x 4-6 grams of kratom can get you through first week than go for it, and taper off kratom in next week or two.

You will have to face withdrawal there is no escaping that. Kratom allows for more smooth but more prolonged withdrawal. You run a risk of switching to kratom if you don't taper it off quickly though. Think kratom, with its adrenergic mode of action is quite good option for tapering off tapentadol. I don't say it will be easy with kratom but it could be more manageable taper type withdrawal. Hope you make it with as much comfort as possible @Weverd .

24 hour day starting at midnight ... so far I have taken 50mg =1/2 pill two times. 100mg today total with 5.5 hours to go.

By this point for a day in the taper... usually I have dosed 400mg tapentadol.

Nights are the worst and also biggest dose of tramadol. Lately the dose is 1.5 100mg pill before bed. With 2 Tylenol PM.

Looks like might be 250mg for the day. Might be a good time to end tapentadol tomorrow. Or keep this taper 1 more day?

Thoughts?

Thanks for input... last 2 posts big help

24 hour day starting at midnight ... so far I have taken 50mg =1/2 pill two times. 100mg today total with 5.5 hours to go.

By this point for a day in the taper... usually I have dosed 400mg tapentadol.

Nights are the worst and also biggest dose of tramadol. Lately the dose is 1.5 100mg pill before bed. With 2 Tylenol PM.

Looks like might be 250mg for the day. Might be a good time to end tapentadol tomorrow. Or keep this taper 1 more day?

Thoughts?

Thanks for input... last 2 posts big help
Wouldn't hurt to try and cut out the tapentadol tmrw, see how it goes, anyway.

Update: Yesterday took 1oomg of tapentadol total. 50mg yesterday at 11am was the last. With a total of 12g of kratom spread out up to 11:30 pm.

Today 15g of kratom spread from 6am till now 11pm.

Insomnia a little rough. 4g kratom red and 3 tylenol p.m.'s and I'm still on the computer at 11pm... but.... no Tapentadol or tramadol for 36 hours, thats good.