• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2021 NFL Season

Did you see that face mask @neversickanymore ? How the fuck does no one call that? Every eye was on that play. Tony Romo said one sentence about it then it was like someone punched him in the ribs and it was never mentioned again. I hate NE but I call it like I see it. They were going to score on that drive.

@mal3volent with this sport you just can’t let it get to you or it ruins it. Players “cheat” every down and the refs are incredibly good most times, but blind as fuck others. I just try and take it.. Packers came out on top with the calls today imho.. been a bit since that has happened. To win in the NFL you have to beat the calls as well as the opposing team. Then the team is champion.. mimics life as when are the odds not fucked against us all?

Champions and winners rise above it all and that’s what makes them so special.. and they are.

^ i tend to agree. in pretty much every game, there are calls that are borderline which hold up and egregious penalties that are just missed.

i believe that, very generally speaking, the refs are trying to do their best and get it right. in the huge majority of cases they do get it right and there is either a mandatory booth review or a possible coach challenge's for when they don't.

the argument is, if that call wasn't missed, we'd have won the game? well, if you had scored more points in the game the missed call would not matter...

alasdair

the argument is, if that call wasn't missed, we'd have won the game? well, if you had scored more points in the game the missed call would not matter...

I always like responding to this argument. The game is supposed to be between the players. You shouldn't have to score more or less points in order to make up for refs who suck at their job.

I get there is human error in everything, but some mistakes are so egregious they can't be mistakes. That face mask no call was as obvious as anything I've ever seen. Not to mention, it was a super critical moment that would've put NE in the red zone.

it is pretty obvious to me at this point that the NFL is gonna do whatever they can to help Dallas along to the NFC Championship game with Tampa. Talk about ratings. Dak gets revenge against the goat and goes on to beat a phenom out of the AFC...one of two young budding superstars (Lamar or Allen).

Dak is set up to take Tom's place when he retires. Not necessarily as the next goat, but as the guy everyone focuses on, loves, hates...

Rambling at this point but yeah that's my conspiracy.

i've spent the last 10 years hearing how the nfl wants to do everything possible to help new england win or some other team. now it's dallas?

obviously we disagree but given a choice between some nfl ratings conspiracy and human mistakes which aren't handled well, i'll go with the latter.

perhaps non-calls - beyond pi - should be open to a coach's challenge? that would go a long way to mitigating the complaint?

alasdair

Every once in a while I feel a referee call is BS and made to help a team. Not often. But we will never really know. But yeah, I have often wondered where corners are cut.

I have noticed some players resorting to crappy moves to win. When someone gets hurt I get suspicious. Then I think to myself how can anyone not get hurt in this game.

So once again too many missed important kicks this past weekend. Maybe the kickers are plants? lol Nah, just a lot of missed kicks.

And as neversick sick you can't let it get to you. As I get older I let it be a lot more. Every once in a while I get irked for the rest of the day on a bad call and wonder why bother. But the game has a lot of talent and I can move past it.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's human error and the refs will never be perfect, but honestly there is SO much more they could do to ameliorate the bad calls.

Make the shit reviewable by a booth that isn't on the field. Refs shouldn't "miss" calls when we're all watching it on tv. Someone should be reviewing every single call made to make sure it was correct. And it absolutely can be done.

It might sound conspiracy minded but I mean can you think of any other reason that they've made the flags so hard to challenge than they want to be able to control what teams do what on the field??

17 - 14: CLE > DEN under five mins to go for my picks sake I hope Cleveland has a turnover

Last edited:
Biiiiig touchdown pass to Terry Mclaurin, towards the end of the first quarter it's WAS GB tied at 7...

Looks like it's our game this week @neversickanymore

blewitt.. blewitt
I missed it. I thought it was a block though?

Yeah he's probably heard that his whole career and will continue to. Was watching some videos of his though he looks rreeealllllyyy good.

Crazy Crosby turned right around and got blocked too lmao