• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2021 NFL Season

A hot summer Arizona night. And the Chiefs look like it is real season. Usually preseason can be slow. But all the teams look like they are ready in these preseason games. Except the Giants lol Oh boy. Here we go again.

Had some strong cannabis and they keep calling this Monday night football and everytime they flash that I have to remind myself it is Friday. At least I think it is. ;)

Last edited:
i read that the vaccination rate among nfl players is currently 93%.

i'm not suggesting that's what happened here (because we don't actually know cam's vaccination status) but do you think teams should be able to sanction/cut/whatever players who choose not to get vaccinated?

alasdair

i read that the vaccination rate among nfl players is currently 93%.

i'm not suggesting that's what happened here (because we don't actually know cam's vaccination status) but do you think teams should be able to sanction/cut/whatever players who choose not to get vaccinated?

alasdair

absolutely. I'm sure the coaching staff doesn't want to risk having to go through another covid related qb shake up mid season. If you have a younger guy who is doing well and is built to fit in your system and you're already on the fence about naming him starter, you will naturally start looking at other factors to make your decision.

also cam's ego is probably partly to blame too. Maybe he requested a release rather than be a backup. I just don't know who takes him as a starter especially if he's unvaccinated.

pretty much agree with all of that. mac jones is younger, doing great and built to fit - i don't think they need any factors beyond that...

houston, and maybe washington, seem like possible landing spots. houston particularly if he wants to start. i see talk of the cowboys but he'd obviously be 2nd there.

alasdair

First game tonight! TB vs DAL, who y'all got?

^ where are you getting that?

according to win/loss and opponents' combined win percentage, the eagles, cowboys and falcons have easier schedules than the bucs.

that said, i think strength of schedule is a reasonably meaningless metric. last year the cowboys (again) had one of the easiest schedules and finished 6-10. the bills had the 5th hardest schedule and won their division at 13-3.

good teams find ways to win games. 'easy' games and 'hard' games.

washington won their miserable division last year with a record of just 7-9. ask the steelers how their cakewalk week 13 game went? :)

alasdair

Idk about this year, but last year they gave tompa bay the easiest schedule of all 32 nfl teams. Maybe it's just me, but I'd think if you assembled the qb goat , hof coach, a slew of "super team" weapons, etc...playing in the flailing nfc south...you probably shouldn't have to give them any extra help. Unless you want to help advance a certain storyline/chain of events...

the nfl schedule is not an arbitrary thing where a bunch of brady fans at the nfl conspire to give him the easiest schedule...

here are the rules:
  • six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
  • four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
  • four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
  • two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.
  • the new 17th game is an additional game against a non-conference opponent from a division that the team is not scheduled to play. matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.
(my emphasis)

alasdair

Dallas seems to be keeping up so far.