• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2021 NFL Season

the whole thing is kinda weird to me...

how do any of his claims point to racism, exactly? I haven't been able to figure that out.

just sounds like he's butthurt to me....

ya know when he was fired, i was kinda surprised because of how well the Dolphins played over the last 8 games - i think they went 7-1 to end the season

so i figured the Dolphins were making another mistake and he was gonna get scooped up quick

but i guess now it sounds like he was having issues with the owners so that's why they canned him...

and im pretty sure he had his heart set on the Giants job and it didn't happen - im sure all those owners talk to each other and they may have said something to scare the Giants off....plus, the Bills offensive coordinator was another hot add....and he got the job

see how he threw Bill Belichek under the bus? and he's twisting that too - did you read the texts?

and then he says John Elway was hungover at his interview

:laughing:

Yeah like...John Elway is racist because maybe he was hungover? That's quite a leap.

Sounds like Belichick heard it through the grapevine. Doesn't necessarily mean it was some kind of conspiracy. People go to interviews and conduct interviews all the time even though the decision is essentially already made...you gotta have backup plans if option #1 falls through...

Sounds like he was fired because he refused to throw the games the owner wanted him too. Sue over that. No need to make it about race... :?

Yeah like...John Elway is racist because maybe he was hungover? That's quite a leap.

Sounds like Belichick heard it through the grapevine. Doesn't necessarily mean it was some kind of conspiracy. People go to interviews and conduct interviews all the time even though the decision is essentially already made...you gotta have backup plans if option #1 falls through...

Sounds like he was fired because he refused to throw the games the owner wanted him too. Sue over that. No need to make it about race... :?

yea so he says but the Dolphins owner is saying that didn't happen - so who knows - see if he has any proof of that? idk

this is the Giants story on it:

idk but it seems like a big gamble to me....you make it to the NFL, you hit the lottery - you're a millionaire now and you're quite fortunate

nobody's gonna hire him now - he's done - and he was still in a great position to land something - worst comes to worst, you go back to being a coordinator, and you're still making millions....Belichek mightve hired him back but he can forget about that now

man all of these former Patriots assistants go nowhere after they leave the Pats.....the only one who's done well, is Mike Vrabel with the Titans....that's it

Dude - we've seen this before....he can go to as many interviews as he wants now, he's not getting hired

the Giants hired a GM from Buffalo too - so naturally the Bills assistant is probably gonna have a leg up on the job because of that alone

Dude - we've seen this before....he can go to as many interviews as he wants now, he's not getting hired

the Giants hired a GM from Buffalo too - so naturally the Bills assistant is probably gonna have a leg up on the job because of that alone

yeah I get they shut out kapernick, but times are different now. There's been a public push for more black coaches for a really long time. I wouldn't be surprised if Roger doesn't give his blessing to hire him just for the positive PR.

yea idk i think he's done

he doesn't have a players union behind him

and calling somebody hungover who really wasn't and taking things the wrong way idk it's all a big fuckin mess now!

the rooney rule is ridiculous - i agree....but dude you still signed your own death certificate

How about this idiot Flores who's mad that he didn't get the Giants job?

I wonder if he knows they actually interviewed 3 black guys total - him, Leslie Frazier, and Patrick Graham - twice each too

so this whole Rooney Rule claim he's making kinda collapses on itself

He's like a crazy ex-girlfriend

Giants fans should be very thankful they didn't hire him
I'm more interested in hearing Belichecks explanation for how he texted the wrong dude.

But yes, the Rooney rule kind of sucks. Imagine wasting all that time preparing for a job interview and traveling to meet ownership all for pageantry

I'm more interested in hearing Belichecks explanation for how he texted the wrong dude.

But yes, the Rooney rule kind of sucks. Imagine wasting all that time preparing for a job interview and traveling to meet ownership all for pageantry

Belichek ain't talking - you already know - and i don't think he was texting the wrong person - Flores is just making accusations left and right

lets see those texts again....

belichick-text.jpg

Damn , I hadn't actually read everything word for word until now. Looks like Bill meant to send the message to Flores all along, he just misread the name on whatever text he received.

Flores is making it seem like a conspiracy against him but it was just a mistake.

Damn , I hadn't actually read everything word for word until now. Looks like Bill meant to send the message to Flores all along, he just misread the name on whatever text he received.

Flores is making it seem like a conspiracy against him but it was just a mistake.

YES

he's saying that's what happened but im not seeing that - and you're not either

see so this guy buried himself

All he was doing was genuinely congratulating Flores because he thought he got the job. When he found out he hadn't even been interviewed yet, he probably looked back and realized he read it wrong. It wasn't like he was meaning to text Daboll, clicked the wrong name, and got caught leaking inside information.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume they had multiple people lined up but knew Daboll was their front runner going in. After Daboll's interview went really well, Belichick heard from an insider that he was most likely going to be the guy. Doesn't mean that the Giants had given him the job officially or that Flores theoretically couldn't have changed their minds.

The main problem in the Giants process, was that they did originally want Flores, but they interviewed a bunch of ppl, and they also stated that they wouldn't hire a coach until they hired a GM

so they hire the Bills assistant GM. and he plucks the Bills offensive coordinator most likely because of familiarity

that happens and it's happened before

yea its disappointing, you had your heart set on the Giants and it didn't happen

and now your pointing fingers at billionaires who you want a contract from for millions

idk i still just dont see where skin color comes into any of this - especially when the Giants interviewed 3 Blacks total - they went beyond the Rooney rule - skin color played no roll

The main problem in the Giants process, was that they did originally want Flores, but they interviewed a bunch of ppl, and they also stated that they wouldn't hire a coach until they hired a GM

so they hire the Bills assistant GM. and he plucks the Bills offensive coordinator most likely because of familiarity

that happens and it's happened before

yea its disappointing, you had your heart set on the Giants and it didn't happen

and now your pointing fingers at billionaires who you want a contract from for millions

idk i still just dont see where skin color comes into any of this - especially when the Giants interviewed 3 Blacks total - they went beyond the Rooney rule - skin color played no roll

totally agree.

I think it minimizes actual racism when people call shit like this racism.

Ex-Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson says he wasn't directly paid to lose, but evidence of team's intent to lose "will come"​

this story is getting thicker too :Sherlock: