• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2018 NFL Pick'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not as sure as i'd like to be but i still think the pats find a way to win this game.

i did terribly with my wild card round picks. hopefully i do better this weekend :)

alasdair

if that happens, just call off their next two games and give the MVP trophy to nicks big D.

Haha right... Honestly I just want him to win the starting job. I'm not a believer in Wentz. I have a bad feeling his career is going to be injuries and average QB play. One of those guys with talent who never reached full potential.

Philly has revenge on the mind going into NO. I think we will pressure Brees into having a bad game. Foles is going to ball out. I'm picking Philly 35-14
you lost 48-7 in week 11. hardly any pressure that week... do you think foles brings that much? what does your defense do differently? trubisky is no drew brees and the philly d gave up 300/1/0 to him in chicago...

bah. what the hell do i know? 4 great games i hope!

alasdair

Momentum means so much in the postseason. Saints have been resting, eagles have been winning. That's the only reason there's even a discussion. There's a chance they'll catch them off guard, punch them in the mouth, and ride that wave. That's why making it to the playoffs is so important. Once you get there everything is a blank slate.

if there's a chance they will there's a chance they won't :)

i agree it won't be a 50-10 saints blow-out this time... well, we'll see...

alasdair

Our secondary has really gelled since then. At the time of the blowout we where starting a whole new secondary of young backups who had never played together. They have improved as a unit since then. We also got one of our starting corners back off injury since then. The Saints Oline is banged up with injuries. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ac...-injury-report-divisional-round-playoffs-2019

I do believe Nick Foles makes that big a difference. For whatever reason the entire team responds to his presence and balls out. We are the defending champs. We have talent all over the field. The Saints secondary is suspect and we have three excellent WRs and arguably the best pass catching TE in the league. Expect a lot of jump balls to Alshon Jeffrey. Our offensive line is playing lights out as well.

I like our chances.

yeah, i agree with what you're saying. i like your chances too - hoping for a great game mostly :)

alasdair

I think every game has the potential to be excellent. No mismatches that I can predict. Especially looking forward to Rivers vs Brady. This very well may be their last meeting.

why's it funny? chances of all home teams winning seems slim. bounl to be at least one upset. but i'm sticking with them for now...

alasdair

i don’t but i guess you're one of those rare talents who knows what i’m thinking better than i do? :)

if it’s the best bet, why aren’t you picking the same?

alasdair

Holy fuck, I'm itching to change the Rams cowboys pick... not gunna do it. Not. Gunna. Doit.

Damn Mahomes is playing great. If KC keeps playing like this they will win the SB

Wild Card Results

nsa 3-1
mal 3-1
cj 3-1
cr 1-3
ali 1-3

Divisional Results

Ali 4-0
nsa 3-1
cj 2-2
mal 2-2

Postseason Totals So Far

1. nsa 6-2
2. mal 5-3
2. ali 5-3
2. cj 5-3
5. cr 1-3

Conference Championships

lar@no
ne@kc

if it’s the best bet, why aren’t you picking the same?

alasdair

Because I couldn't bet for NE. I think its safe to say in my book NE is the best team of all time at this point*. Can I borrow a hankie from mine or any other team to wipe my vomit. We vomit out of jealousy and distaste. You guys are likely the best ever, but you fucked up and cheated and got caught and are blemished. How much if any does that take away from you all as fans. Sure your likely the best team ever hands down, but how does that feel. You could have done it strait up I think.

Nice win you blew them out and at this point who in gods green earth wants to face you. I'm still picking against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.