• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

2013-2014 Football Thread v.3 - Come on You Hull

I know yeah that mediocre squad only pushed over swansea 4-1 away from home. 8(

If a mediocre squad walked the PL last season then what does that make the rest of the teams???

Why do City not get any shit? because theyre not successful?? Oh they will probably go and spend another £100m next season, again. Like no one batters an eyelid.

And that pic, hes just stopping him from Vidic smashing his head in. :)

If you'd like, we can do a player v player comparison of united vs every other top 6 squad. It's a waste of time though. You know it, and I know it. Excluding rooney and van persie, united have no top class players, let alone world class.

Whats especially problematic is their midfield. Carrick, cleverly, and anderson ffs. Look at every top bracket team in europe and try to find me a worst midfield than that.

And that pic, hes just stopping him from Vidic smashing his head in.

Sure he is. That's why statistically howard webb's awarded more decisions in favor of manchester united than any other team. Including penalties.

Funny that Chelsea got awarded the most penalties last season, and so what if he awards us more penalties? A decision is a decision... blah blah let me guess we pay him dont we? You know we bribe him, oh and the officials, one of them are you? Like that could realistically happen.

Anyway everyone knows, including UTD fans our midfield is in a dire state, and Moyes is trying to do something about it. Fergie was hesitant to, he had players watched, e.g we had Thiago from barca on our radar and we were close but Moyes coming in said he hadnt seen enough of him, so we didnt get him.

Jesus, "United have no top class Players". Oh dear Vidic, Van Persie, Rooney, Kagawa, Rafael, De Gea, Carrick would walk into any first team

Vidic is 31 and clearly past his prime. Carrick couldn't even get into the england squad (and that's saying something). Kagawa was top class at dortmund but is no longer so. You can't call rafael top class for one good season. You could probably make a case for de gea but he's still flimsy when facing long ball opposition. You mind naming these sides these players "would walk into"?

I don't think united bribe referees. That doesn't exist in the premiership IMO. I just think he's (a) a manchester united fan and (b) easily swayed by united's political power. I'm not some conspiracy theorist.

Forget comparing this side to other current european sides. Try comparing it to the 1998-2001 champions league, premier league, and fa cup winning squad which boasted players like schmeichel, irwin, stam, johnsen, keane, scholes, beckham, giggs, yorke, cole ALL in their prime. Or even the 2006-09 side when ronaldo, tevez, rooney, vidic, and VDS were all playing at their best.

Those were real footballing sides and some.

If you cant see the gulf in class between the current united squad and those, then well, you're a typical united fan.

No one's gonna come in when moyes is in charge. Players strive to work for top managers. You also have to be kidding yourself if you think fabregas would trade playing next to xavi and iniesta for cleverly and carrick.

Rma 0 / atm 1 :d

Yeah I'm watching it. Boring match. Barcelona will win the league again. Yaaay, how exciting.

Last edited:
Arsenal only have 1 world class player and he only signed a few weeks ago.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why?

That's because we prefer to produce world-class talent instead of buy it. Now with the ozil signing, the stadium debt nearly erased, and the new PUMA deal set to kick in, its clear that we can pay salaries to keep hold of the talent we produce, and maybe even bring in some more. This is in clear contrast to the previous days of having players lured away from arsenal for more money.

You also forgot about cazorla, and the fact that players such as gibbs, ramsey, wilshere, oxlade-chamberlain, koscielny are well on their way to becoming superstars. The future definitely looks bright. These next few seasons will be defining for arsenal and the youngsters at the club. They're the backbone of arsenal and certainly going to be some of the brightest british talents seen for the next decade.

In a nutshell, arsenal have had to sacrifice some their gems in the last decade at the expense of building one of the most technologically advanced stadiums in the world, state of the art medical facilities, youth training academy, and training complexes.

What nouveau riche clubs now label as "projects" in order to attain sustainability, arsenal have been working on since arsene wenger has been charge. Now we're finally starting to reap the rewards.

So if you actually look hard enough, arsenal are ahead of the game.

Having said that, you can't help but ponder what would have been if nasri, cesc, clichy, song, van persie and co had stayed at arsenal in addition to the current squad. There simply wouldn't be a more complete team in europe.

That's because we prefer to produce world-class talent instead of buy it.

Wilshere is the only player in the first team right now that Arsenal produced themselves. Everyone else was bought. Wilshere is good, has great potential but is not world class. No matter how many times the English media try to say he is.

You also forgot about cazorla, and the fact that players such as gibbs, ramsey, wilshere, oxlade-chamberlain, koscielny are well on their way to becoming superstars.

I didn't forget about Cazorla. He's good, but I don't think he's world class. David Silva is world class. As for the rest becoming superstars. I'll have to wait and see about that one. Your opinion though.

In a nutshell, arsenal have had to sacrifice some their gems in the last decade at the expense of building one of the most technologically advanced stadiums in the world, state of the art medical facilities, youth training academy, and training complexes.

Do fans really give a fuck about nice stadiums? Especially when the club in question are selling their best players stopping them challenging for titles. No. Trophies are the only things that matter.

To be honest though, if UTD dont win the league. Id rather it was Arsenal over City or Chelsea. :)

Think some bookmakers got us at 7/1, think I might have a flutter.

Last edited:
Buster Gonad said:
Do fans really give a fuck about nice stadiums?

This is where your ignorance is clearly apparent. New stadium means higher seating capacity, meaning more money from ticket sales, meaning more money for the club. If your business model is "we spend what we earn" then fuck yah its important.

Buster Gonad said:
Wilshere is the only player in the first team right now that Arsenal produced themselves. Everyone else was bought.

So you mean spotting a player, buying him when he's 12-17 and introducing him to your youth academy doesn't count as cultivating talent? In that case, barcelona didn't produce messi and no one produced anyone.

Wake up. In football, no one comes out of there mothers ass and heads straight into a clubs youth system. Every clubs "youth products" are usually plucked from elsewhere at a young age. Exactly like every young player that plays for arsenal.

Buster Gonad said:
has great potential but is not world class.

I never said he was world-class. He's a top player with all the right characteristics to be one. Technically gifted, confident, and can also grab you goals.

Buster Gonad said:
No. Trophies are the only things that matter.

You sound like a typical ignorant football fan who repeats what they hear.

I'll break it down for you once again: if you want to win trophies in the future, especially with the introduction of FFP, you need to build the fundamentals that allow you to spend what you earn. That's what arsenal have been doing. Building, so in the future, they have the financial stability, capability and platform to win trophies.

How do you do that? You increase your commercial revenue, ticket sales, youth development, global outreach, etc. Playing great football makes those things much easier to achieve. Having a beautiful stadium is just an additional perk. Also, having a great stadium with a great atmosphere can be a game changer. Hence why stadiums such as the santiago bernabeu and the san siro are labelled fortresses.

Some clubs want a self-sustaining model that allows them to achieve success without the necessity of an oil man injecting money into the club (eg. bayern, dortmund, real madrid).

Arsenal have spend something like 7 million pounds net in the last 15 YEARS! Meanwhile they've managed to produce some outstanding players, play some outstanding football, and not only make it into the champions league but also the knockout stages every year they've been in the competition. Everything is relative, and in every sense of the word arsenal have outperformed what they've spend. This indicates that having a core and footballing philosophy is the most crucial aspect to a successful football club.

What pundits and bandwagoners are lauding clubs like dortmund for, is what arsenal have been doing all along. Except arsenal are way ahead, meaning they're not in the same position as dortmund are currently in -- losing your best players to clubs that can pay higher wages.

Buster Gonad said:
I didn't forget about Cazorla. He's good, but I don't think he's world class. David Silva is world class. As for the rest becoming superstars. I'll have to wait and see about that one. Your opinion though.

Silva is a world-class player, and so is cazorla. He's a spanish international with great feet, pace, dribbling, and shooting. Add to that he takes care of his defensive duties, and can score some world beaters from outside the box. It would be extremely hard not to put him in that category, if you enjoy football that is.

I'm not one for highlight reels but here's a reminder of what he did last season. Watch and enjoy!

images

I thought it would never happen after the last derby when the ref handed the Team in white the game but last night was one to savor as a follower of Atletico.

Derby is at half time, 0-0 so far, shame I didn't get a ticket, loud and great atmosphere, we're at home so we outnumber the cunts.

Imma catch the second half or what's left of Torino/Juve. Kenny's got me interested to see of the last ten mins really have been scripted. 0-0 HT.

Juve are on my shitlist atm they fuked me out of £78 on acca when they fuked up against Copenhagen .

I should have remembered never back an Italian Footy team it's a on a par with putting money on Pakistan in Cricket , well almost .

Lulz at ManU.

I could sort of understand the appointment in a way. I think they wanted to stay British but fuck me.... They've made a major fuck up imo. The squad is paper thin also. People were bad mouthing Spurs last years saying they were a one man team. Fucking ManuU are if ever I've seen one.

RedCafe's gonna go into meltdown with another defeat or two.

I'm glad I don't gamble, one vice I'm immune to. I predict two penalties for Juve and a red card for us in the second half.

I'm against modern football and oppose foreign club ownership, but honestly deep down I dream of a rich sheik buying us up, and us putting six past Juve like City did with United a few years back.

Fucking amazing win against City.. UTV!

1379630_635615809816733_860690704_n.jpg

:D :D :D :D ....ah yeah. (in a deep manly voice.)

ha ha ha . i was serving the man city fans before the game and there was acertain air of "it's in the bag" about them.

I was on my way home just near the away end of villa park and I heard the roar for the 1st villa goal. as I walked the length of villa park all i could hear was the happy holte end. I love it. i love the sound in aston when villa score. got home, had a boot, put on final score and yes, the final score was a good un. went on my way to my other job, at aston station lots of happy singing villa fans. these moments must be savoured and enjoyed. lets enjoy some more happy days.

I should have remembered never back an Italian Footy team it's a on a par with putting money on Pakistan in Cricket , well almost .

Haha, no 'almost' about it. That's an exact analogy you have there.

BUT - cheap excuse to boast of my Pakistan cricket bet. Few years ago, when Internet bookies were new, I noticed if you combined Ladbrokes with William Hill there was an over round book on a one day game. Meaning I bet on both teams, one with Lad, the other with WH, laid out £1200 ( was all I could get access to at that minute) for a guaranteed return of £1500 whoever won.

My bet changed the odds with WH. I was impressed with myself.

On the subject of Arsenal. Unless they start winning the league or the European cup players will always move on. Always remember that photo of Van Persie with the photo of him with the trophies at ManU (was it on facebook?) after the Arse fans giving him stick.