• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

lol I can picture the zoned out for an hour.

If Michigan wins it's going to be a great feeling.. not only will I enjoy Michigan being the Champions but I'll win almost $1000.

Only 2 people(including me) picked Michigan to win it all in the money pool I am in, but my bracket is better than theirs.. so if Michigan wins I automatically get 1st place.

you have every right to be pumped as fuck if they win, considering the state steve fisher left them in, add in the wasted years with amaker, team could have very well turned out like an iowa/Minnesota

I feel like glen robinson and tim hardaway sr, if they have any money left, definitely are giving kids cash....there's certainly some level of corruption going on, and i'm cool with that

i'f im commish of ncaa I say either give the kid a scholarship, only if he wants an education, if the kid doesn't, let them select a friend or family member to get the free ride and make the player do mandatory community service during their time at the university, it's a win-win.....nobody is convinced that any BCS school make's their players attend class and earn actual passing grades.....northwestern and Stanford are exceptions, MAYBE duke

such bullshit to force a kid to go to class just cause he's an all American athlete, let him be a representative of the school, who cares if he's a student imo

I totally agree. Some kids aren't going to school to be lawyers and doctors. Some are going to school to become professional athletes

so sick of hearing about how a free tuition is more than enough for a student athlete, cause ya know, everyone should have the same values and shit

really wish kids could go to pros out of high school and still let kids who go to college enter draft after freshman year....18 year olds have no idea how good they really are, just have other people telling them

if they don't want 18 year old kids going straight to NBA, at least let them play professionally in some kind of developmental league that's only like 20 games on the schedule....than after that they can decide weather or not to enter draft, and if they don't want to, fuck it, let them go to college as a 19 y/o fresh

a kid might go to school and think that he MIGHT get a chance to start his freshman year and end up being an all American, would be dogshit to hold the kid against his will for another year...chances are he's not going to go to class that extra year - putting his coach/AD in a position to cheat the system, very good chance of not having nearly as good as a sophomore year(coaches learn to prepare for you), and there's the obvious risk of injury

if I was good enough for the NBA i'd say fuck it, go over seas, dominate shit and become the highest paid athlete in the country, and have multiple beautiful woman who don't speak English and I don't speak/understand their language(who doesn't want this?) as my girlfriends

michigan-lets-go-blue-wooden-sign-72791091__82494.1336085417.1280.1280.jpg

such bullshit to force a kid to go to class just cause he's an all American athlete, let him be a representative of the school, who cares if he's a student imo

I totally agree. Some kids aren't going to school to be lawyers and doctors. Some are going to school to become professional athletes

Maybe. Except when the kid either blows a knee in the pros or prior to the draft and has no education to fall back on to earn a living. Or, makes millions and after 8 or 12 years he is broke after blowing the millions of dollars (if he is that good & lucky) because he thought he was making that money forever. Education is more than going to class, its about learning to be a responsible person in every facet of your life.

I'm friends with a guy who used to be on the 49ers staff. He would teach the rookies how to balance a checkbook, how to handle basic financial responsibility, etc. These pro athletes (not all) are so insulated from a young age that they are not able to figure basic things out for themselves. Which is probably why they make dumb purchases and let their friends borrow way too much then wonder why they are broke before they turn 30. Bottom line, these kids need to have some real life injected into them prior to piles of money that may be thrown at them.

loving these 3s. but i hate how michigan gets so sloppy toward the end of halves. and whatthefuck is wrong with them when shooting frees?

if this were an NBA game half of the players would have fouled out by now.

but this was a lot better than last years game. I dont like Michigan as a school and dont really think Trey Burke is going to be a good nba player but they should have been more than a 4 seed.

4 mins left

hancock shoulda been out. but whatever. louisville played a better game. michigan is sloppy and can't rebound. disappointing.

i'm not saying louisville didn't play great, but michigan letting them put up three shots in the paint is not all louisville. michigan was putting hands on the ball and still allowing louisville shot after shot.

louisville just wore them down. they've won like that all season. great game. their conditioning coach deserves a raise.

i think me and mal3volent tied ftw in the BL brackets. i got crushed in my money bracket.

lol honestly I don't know how people can't admit that the referees made it almost impossible for Michigan to win with all the shitty calls. Pretty amazing they even kept it that close

SMF9WGl_medium.gif

burkeface_medium.gif

That is honestly the cleanest and one of best blocks I have ever seen. You have to be a fucking idiot if you think that is a foul

I don't see how you can make a shitty call like that in the championship game with minutes left on the clock. Totally changes the whole momentum almost making itcompletly unfair for Michigan

and they were getting shit calls like that all fucking game. McGary was getting hammered all game and the refs never called anything

I swear to God I think the refs are sucking Pitino's dick or they really hate Trey Burke

Every single foul that Burke got that game... alot of people would tell you the not ONE of them was an actual foul. Just bullshit calls when an amazing player makes an amazing play. It's funny they get him into foul trouble right away after he drops 7 points to start the game... only got to play 6 mins in the first half.

Way to completly take out the best player in the NCAA because of fouls... when he isn't commiting fouls. How the fuck are you suppose to play basketball when you're playing not only the right way, but play exceptionally well.. Yet the refs decide you're commiting fouls.

Sorry but I don't think they won the championship by themselves.. refs saved their ass way too much.

chickenscratch you don't know anything about basketball you're just a louisville dick riding faggot
i get the feeling all your favorite teams are #1 seeds in everything

almost anyone will admit if you look at the calls made on Burke.. you could argue that not even one of them is a foul

chickenscratch you don't know anything about basketball you're just a louisville dick riding faggot

almost anyone will admit if you look at the calls made on Burke.. you could argue that not even one of them is a foul

you're melting pretty hard, friend.

Ok...here goes my honest assessment.

Michigan is a very young squad. They'll be back next year.

McGary got his shit pushed in under the basket in the second half, well all game, but mainly in the second half. Louisville out rebounded the fuck out of Michigan.

It was fun watching that Albrecht (sp?) kid in the first half. But the minute he went cold in the second, they should've benched his ass for the rest of the game. That's just dumb coaching.

Louisville is a better team. They are faster and better coached than any team I've watched all year. Sometimes they go cold, but they stick to their game plan and wear their opponents down. This was especially obvious in the last 5 minutes of the game last night, they just had more juice left in the tank.

The bottom line is real simple, and doesn't take a fucking ESPN analyst to come up with. Michigan got out played and out coached last night. You can't blame that on the refs. There were a couple of bad calls on both sides of the ball (especially that block and the goal tending call). The officiating has been pretty terrible in all of college basketball this year, and they need to do something about it. But, ArCi, friend, you got beat by the better team last night. Bottom line.

Like I said, very young team that will be fun to watch next year. And with the recruiting classes that Kentucky, Duke and UNC have coming in the door, next year will be a fun season all around.